PurePlastic Plushies

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Re: PurePlastic Plushies - 4 Limited Edition, 2 Regular

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Regnant wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:22 pm
LIBRAKIND wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:56 am
Shiruba wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:23 pm I didn't get these on my first order, but added them when I made my second one. Will I still get them?
I'm curious about this too. I attached the keychain to my first preorder purchase, but I realise I didn't do it for the second one :yama1:
I would send an email but I still haven't gotten a reply for the other one I sent so I dunno yet...
It depends on what characters you ordered and when you made the second order with them.

The only characters marked as "sold out" for the keychains are Riki and puppy Gin. I don't know when these sold out, I only noticed the note on that yesterday. All others still have the keychains available to send out.

Also remember though... these were originally meant to be a Christmas freebie only. They were never guaranteed to be with every preorder, just an extra nice thing that Urumi was doing.
I'm probably not gonna get Riki since I got him Christmas eve, but I dunno how long that note has been there

I know I'm at least getting Kurojaki and/orJohn which I don't really mind :tfw_bella2:
I got Riki, Adult Gin and Akame in the second order
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Keychain clarifications

They are starting to go through orders. My day 1 (Dec 7) preorder status changed to "pending" and has a note on the order saying that I will get the keychains. They have not made it through all orders yet as my next order from Dec 18th is still in status "order placed".

As for the remaining keychains as I check right now, only Gin (adult), John, Akame, and Kurojaki keychains are left. There is also a note on the page with: "Free pre orders items are almost sold out so rest of key chains are given at random." So future preorders may or may not have a keychain, and they may not match the character ordered.

Please don't be disappointed if you didn't get a keychain! They were made as an extra incentive to preorder before Christmas as a gift! I'm sure plenty of people may resell or trade their keychains!
Image Image
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Regnant wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:39 pm Keychain clarifications

They are starting to go through orders. My day 1 (Dec 7) preorder status changed to "pending" and has a note on the order saying that I will get the keychains. They have not made it through all orders yet as my next order from Dec 18th is still in status "order placed".

As for the remaining keychains as I check right now, only Gin (adult), John, Akame, and Kurojaki keychains are left. There is also a note on the page with: "Free pre orders items are almost sold out so rest of key chains are given at random." So future preorders may or may not have a keychain, and they may not match the character ordered.

Please don't be disappointed if you didn't get a keychain! They were made as an extra incentive to preorder before Christmas as a gift! I'm sure plenty of people may resell or trade their keychains!
Thanks for this! Makes a lot more sense!

Honestly I'd be happy if I just got the Kurojaki keychain since merch for him is nonexistent lmao
^click me!^
My Socials
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

https://twitter.com/SilverFangNet/statu ... 04674?s=19
People are starting to get their keychains! Here is the full set!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Arano wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 am https://twitter.com/SilverFangNet/statu ... 04674?s=19
People are starting to get their keychains! Here is the full set!
They are so pretty!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I got my Jerome today!! And a cute extra mask! ovo

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone know if Urumi's stuff is considered fanmade or official/copyrighted merch of Ginga o:

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:47 am Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone know if Urumi's stuff is considered fanmade or official/copyrighted merch of Ginga o:
PurePlastic merch is 100% official.

If you check the tush tag on your Jerome, it'll have the appropriate copyright information, which fanmade stuff generally doesn't have. :tfw_sirius3:
Last edited by Digsu on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:53 am
Dragon wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:47 am Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone know if Urumi's stuff is considered fanmade or official/copyrighted merch of Ginga o:
PurePlastic merch 100% official.

If you check the tush tag on your Jerome, it'll have the appropriate copyright information, which fanmade stuff generally doesn't have. :tfw_sirius3:
OH jiosjsdi I feel dumb for missing that XD
Awesome!! I hope every purchase helps Yoshi in some way!

ImageImage
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Seeing people getting their orders, I hope my Hougen comes home soon :surprisegin:
He hasnt shipped yet do I dunno :tfw_aokabuto1:
^click me!^
My Socials
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Dragon wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:04 am
Digsu wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:53 am
PurePlastic merch 100% official.

OH jiosjsdi I feel dumb for missing that XD
Awesome!! I hope every purchase helps Yoshi in some way!
Yep!! And the prototypes for things like plushies have to go to Japan for approval and everything. I dont believe every individual purchase goes to Yoshi, my guess is that PP had to pay a licensing fee and made an agreement on how many units they can produce/sell. A common theory with fans is that this is why the GNG plushies are more expensive/more limited, because its from a different publisher and the licensing seems to be harder to get.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Feels great to support Yoshi!

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Wolpard wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:24 am Yep!! And the prototypes for things like plushies have to go to Japan for approval and everything. I dont believe every individual purchase goes to Yoshi, my guess is that PP had to pay a licensing fee and made an agreement on how many units they can produce/sell. A common theory with fans is that this is why the GNG plushies are more expensive/more limited, because its from a different publisher and the licensing seems to be harder to get.
Ohhh. does this mean if/when we make fan keychains, we could get in trouble? :tfw_orion1:

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:26 am
Wolpard wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:24 am Yep!! And the prototypes for things like plushies have to go to Japan for approval and everything. I dont believe every individual purchase goes to Yoshi, my guess is that PP had to pay a licensing fee and made an agreement on how many units they can produce/sell. A common theory with fans is that this is why the GNG plushies are more expensive/more limited, because its from a different publisher and the licensing seems to be harder to get.
Ohhh. does this mean if/when we make fan keychains, we could get in trouble? :tfw_orion1:
afaik selling any sort of fanart/fan-made merch is technically illegal, but companies usually have a "I'll pretend I didn't see that" approach to it because it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth to actually pursue legal action (you probably wouldn't get much money out of some random person selling keychains, but you probably would piss fans off a whole lot). It's why cons can have lots of people selling fanart/merch at artist alleys without them (either the sellers themselves or the people organizing the con) getting into trouble.

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

For anyone confused, "official" products come directly from the owner, eg Pokemon plushies made by the Pokemon company.
A license given by the owner is what makes PP's plushies/items "officially licensed" products. It just so happens that these products are made by a band of fans :D

Digsu pretty much covered everything about fan merchandise, I just want to add that Fan merch is free advertising for publishing companies and directly contributes to new fans gained, and is generally not mass produced to a scale that would be detrimental to the owners brand.
Things like teespring/redbubble that mass product/print on demand are a threat, which is why you will see fan items be taken down often. Same with kickstarter if you aren't careful.

However, saying that, as PP is so close to the community I would be mindful of making fan items that compete directly with their licensed items.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

ahhh I can't wait for plushies!! <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Celloco

Post by Celloco »

These are soooo cute! I actually never liked the older plushies that were released. I might get one, but I'm still unsure.
Fayt
Legend
Legend

Post by Fayt »

Just wanting to see if anyone in the UK has had the free keychains arrive yet? Mine got shipped Jan 12th and I've still not had them arrive so I was wanting to see if anyone has had them yet? I know covid is slowing post down right now but just a little worried about them right now.

Still looking forward to getting the plushies, I just ordered the bag as well as I'm in need of a new one badly.
Is a Gilgamesh obsessed mongrel.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Back in December I ordered some PurePlastic plushies (Weed and the new Puppy Gin) but they still haven't shipped yet

I've never ordered from Urumi before so idk if it's taking long because I live in America therefore it takes longer to ship things internationally or what
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Sketch-San

Post by Sketch-San »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:11 pm Back in December I ordered some PurePlastic plushies (Weed and the new Puppy Gin) but they still haven't shipped yet

I've never ordered from Urumi before so idk if it's taking long because I live in America therefore it takes longer to ship things internationally or what
Yikes, you should email asiakaspalvelu@urumi.fi because I've had fucked up PurePlastic plush deliveries before. I once ordered a PurePlastic Mel back in November 2019 and had it refunded in April 2020 because it never arrived due to the worker strike, the pandemic, and the addresses being messed up.

I suggest asking if your packages are stuck/lost. Then again Urumi is really unpredictable because when I ordered Jerome last November he arrived really quickly, even though I had to email them yet again asking why he was stuck in limbo for a while.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Sketch-San wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:57 pm
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:11 pm Back in December I ordered some PurePlastic plushies (Weed and the new Puppy Gin) but they still haven't shipped yet

Yikes, you should email asiakaspalvelu@urumi.fi because I've had fucked up PurePlastic plush deliveries before. I once ordered a PurePlastic Mel back in November 2019 and had it refunded in April 2020 because it never arrived due to the worker strike, the pandemic, and the addresses being messed up.

I suggest asking if your packages are stuck/lost. Then again Urumi is really unpredictable because when I ordered Jerome last November he arrived really quickly, even though I had to email them yet again asking why he was stuck in limbo for a while.
Hmm, I'll try that.

Thanks for the help.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”