PurePlastic Plushies

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Re: PurePlastic Plushies - 4 Limited Edition, 2 Regular

Post by kahooton »

Riki def has too many scars to embroider. Going over seams and stuff, and the huge ones on his back too would make him look majorly disformed
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Thanks for all the comments~ I have read all comments here and I hope we can imrove plushies & other items even more in future.

About embroidery: it doesn't work with this type of fabric we are using. The base fabric is really soft and embroidery would bend the character. I think if Riki had embroidered scars he couldn't even stand. Even the embroided eyes and tiny marks are difficult and can make plushie look derpy. We have had lot of derpy Tesshin's as he has more embroidery on his face than other characters. (With Kurojaki, I have prepared that 30% of plushies will be second rate as he has so much embroidery.)

To use embroided material we would need to use material similar to TopSangyo plushies. If you compare the large embroidered plushies, there is lot of differences there.

I wanted to make embroided scars when I started and I still think they would be awesome, but... It is not possible with this kind of soft plushies.
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I personally don't mind how Riki looks! Yeah he seems a lil eh but he still looks like Riki to me.

Now I really wanna know the day 24 is :orion3:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Uru wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:35 pm Thanks for all the comments~ I have read all comments here and I hope we can imrove plushies & other items even more in future.

About embroidery: it doesn't work with this type of fabric we are using. The base fabric is really soft and embroidery would bend the character. I think if Riki had embroidered scars he couldn't even stand. Even the embroided eyes and tiny marks are difficult and can make plushie look derpy. We have had lot of derpy Tesshin's as he has more embroidery on his face than other characters. (With Kurojaki, I have prepared that 30% of plushies will be second rate as he has so much embroidery.)

To use embroided material we would need to use material similar to TopSangyo plushies. If you compare the large embroidered plushies, there is lot of differences there.

I wanted to make embroided scars when I started and I still think they would be awesome, but... It is not possible with this kind of soft plushies.
Going for a "harder" style plush like Topsangyo has its downsides too I suppose, they're not exactly cuddle-able and potentially would limit ease of sale to younger people/kids/parents buying for their children. I think we forget sometimes that older collectors aren't the sole demographic...

RE the 30% of Kurojaki being second rate, will those be rejected or will they still be sold even though they won't be up to par? That's a high percentage!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:41 pm I just saw the new Riki plush - he does use the same pattern as Yukimura, maybe the red is a couple shades darker. The airbrushed scars are darker too. It's kind of funny seeing him so fluffy and compacted, but he's cute. Pictures are from Urumi's site.

OH MY GOD, I LOVE HIM!!! HE LOOKS SO GREAT AND ADORABLE!!! :bon2: :bon2: :bon2:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I personally love Riki~ He's pretty close to exactly what I predicted in my mock up, except I didnt account for the chest fur not being great for the airbrushing and so scars having to be moved a bit. I also made the eyes quite a bit bigger on my edit. XP

Image Image

I expected him to look like Yukimura because all the Bearhounds use the same pattern so far (and canonically they look the same aside from scar placement), and again no embroidery because it would have clearly warped the plush. Not saying people have to be completely happy with the design but admittedly not sure what folks expected to be different?

:bon3:

Also I dont think I would have liked Riki having different fur on his chest than the rest of the plush. He is not like Hougen who is a shorter-furred breed, it would have felt inconsistent and kind of strange if Riki suddenly didnt have a fluffy chest.
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Wolpard wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:41 pm I personally love Riki~ He's pretty close to exactly what I predicted in my mock up, except I didnt account for the chest fur not being great for the airbrushing and so scars having to be moved a bit. I also made the eyes quite a bit bigger on my edit. XP

Image Image

I expected him to look like Yukimura because all the Bearhounds use the same pattern so far (and canonically they look the same aside from scar placement), and again no embroidery because it would have clearly warped the plush. Not saying people have to be completely happy with the design but admittedly not sure what folks expected to be different?

Also I dont think I would have liked Riki having different fur on his chest than the rest of the plush. He is not like Hougen who is a shorter-furred breed, it would have felt inconsistent and kind of strange if Riki suddenly didnt have a fluffy chest.
Wow yeah that was a pretty good guess xD
And yeah I really wasnt expecting him to have embroidered scars. Like what Kahoot and Uru said, it would've warped the plush too much.

It works for Kurojaki bc 1: his eye, and 2: their usual color for scars is too dark for his fur and I dont think they would've bothered getting a whole new different color paint for airbrushed scars for him.

Do kinda wish the chest scars could've worked out better though
^click me!^
My Socials
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

I'm not even a huge Riki fan but his face is so cute.. might have to snatch at least one limited edition plush...
Crystal
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Crystal »

Love Riki and Kurojaki! They both look great! I'm so glad I have them pre-ordered!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Wolpard wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:41 pm I personally love Riki~ He's pretty close to exactly what I predicted in my mock up, except I didnt account for the chest fur not being great for the airbrushing and so scars having to be moved a bit. I also made the eyes quite a bit bigger on my edit. XP

Image Image

Haha yes that is true, about how we knew it would be a Yukimura clone!

Its a great looking plushie, I pre-ordered before the Kurojaki reveal and I'm glad I did - my enthusiasm was a bit lacklustre for the full reveal but Riki's grown on me. I like that even though he has the same eyes as adult Gin he somehow looks... younger? He just has more vigour in his look.

Now we've got all of them (at least as far as we know...) looking at them as a set compared to "Gen 1", its such a huge improvement isn't it! So much of the character is in the eyes this time around 👀
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Uru wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:35 pm Thanks for all the comments~ I have read all comments here and I hope we can imrove plushies & other items even more in future.

Whoa, Uru! You work Urumi-- ... *looks at the names*
I'm so dumb

I love how the Riki plush turned out!! He's so cute but still has that cool factor to him!

ImageImage
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

These plushes really are a lot better overall than the last set set of them. They just have a really nice look to them and it's so pleasing to look at them.
Dragon wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:06 am Whoa, Uru! You work Urumi-- ... *looks at the names*
I'm so dumb
LMAO that's a big mood
^click me!^
My Socials
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Today's item had been partially revealed. It kinda looks like an Akakabuto plush? https://m.facebook.com/PurePlasticFinla ... &source=48
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Shiruba wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:59 am Today's item had been partially revealed. It kinda looks like an Akakabuto plush? https://m.facebook.com/PurePlasticFinla ... &source=48
Oh no way... :tfw_akame:

So he’ll be the first bear plushie in the Ginga merchandise if it’s true. How amazing.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

C'mon please let it really be an Akakabuto plushie... :tfw_orion1:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Me: Nothing can beat Kurojaki plush
Uru: Hold my beer
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Arano wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:50 am Me: Nothing can beat Kurojaki plush
Uru: Hold my beer
Yup. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Since I've already made an order with Urumi, if I wanted to add another plush, would I still be able to save on shipping if i specify that i want to add it to my current order?
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Shiruba wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:35 pm Since I've already made an order with Urumi, if I wanted to add another plush, would I still be able to save on shipping if i specify that i want to add it to my current order?
Id like to know this too
I'd lose my MIND if that's an Akakabuto plush and I MUST HAVE

I just bought something else and seeing this possibly would be another plush I must have :tfw_orion1:
^click me!^
My Socials
Fayt
Legend
Legend

Post by Fayt »

I love how Kurojaki looks and happy I ordered him. I'll be making a little scythe for mine ^^ I'm very interested in seeing this Akakabuto plush (what seems like him) and I would pre-order right away if so. I want to know if he is part of this set of plushies or part of an upcoming set.

Also I'd like to say a big thanks to Uru for emailing me letting me know I could still get the free item. It's rare I come on here, so I didn't know it was still possible to get them :)
Last edited by Fayt on Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is a Gilgamesh obsessed mongrel.

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”