Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
User avatar
Raki
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Raki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 am

I really hope they can translate mangas to english one day! :'c

User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Regnant » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:21 pm

I found this site which has the release of volume 3 for September and volume 4 for November... not sure how accurate it is since they don't have volume 1 or 2, so I'm thinking it may be a far out date just to be safe?
https://www.tammi.fi/kirja/yoshihiro-ta ... 9521620430
Image

Ohu Dogs | My Ginga Collection | Art & Shirts | Pet Instagram
GDW 1-4, 7, 8, 31 Obis Wanted! Paying $1-$2 each!
Large TI Weed Plush Wanted!
PurePlastic Weed Plush (with tag) Wanted!

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by methpring » Mon May 07, 2018 11:29 am

Today it was announced that Taistelukoira Zero 1 will not appear in May. No further date was told.
Image
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13342
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Tora » Mon May 07, 2018 11:47 am

methpring wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:29 am
Today it was announced that Taistelukoira Zero 1 will not appear in May. No further date was told.
Oh... Hope to get a new date soon
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by methpring » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:59 pm

We have a new release date! If everything goes well, first volume will be out 27th of July. And in some volume we will have Takahashi's interview from the latest Japanese BnF edition! As that edition has two books and an interview in both of them, I don't know which one we will get.
Image
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Regnant » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm

methpring wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:59 pm
We have a new release date! If everything goes well, first volume will be out 27th of July. And in some volume we will have Takahashi's interview from the latest Japanese BnF edition! As that edition has two books and an interview in both of them, I don't know which one we will get.
Ooooooo yay!
I'm still waiting to see what the covers look like! And I'm assuming it's still going to be the 4 book edition, and not the later 2 book ones?
Image

Ohu Dogs | My Ginga Collection | Art & Shirts | Pet Instagram
GDW 1-4, 7, 8, 31 Obis Wanted! Paying $1-$2 each!
Large TI Weed Plush Wanted!
PurePlastic Weed Plush (with tag) Wanted!

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by methpring » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Regnant wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm
methpring wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:59 pm
We have a new release date! If everything goes well, first volume will be out 27th of July. And in some volume we will have Takahashi's interview from the latest Japanese BnF edition! As that edition has two books and an interview in both of them, I don't know which one we will get.
Ooooooo yay!
I'm still waiting to see what the covers look like! And I'm assuming it's still going to be the 4 book edition, and not the later 2 book ones?
Yep, still four volumes. I'm also waiting for the covers!
Image
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13342
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Tora » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:32 pm

SWEET!!
So happy to have a release date now. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by methpring » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:29 pm

Image
My Ginga collections:
Team Sirius :sirius:

User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Regnant » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Easy side-by-side comparison of all the languages (Finnish, Japanese, Chinese, Thai). Surprising amount of variance in background color and text color!

Image Image Image Image
Image

Ohu Dogs | My Ginga Collection | Art & Shirts | Pet Instagram
GDW 1-4, 7, 8, 31 Obis Wanted! Paying $1-$2 each!
Large TI Weed Plush Wanted!
PurePlastic Weed Plush (with tag) Wanted!

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13342
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Tora » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Sweet to see all of the four beside eachother!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Tove
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:26 am
Location: England

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Tove » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:14 pm

Gotta say, to me, the Finnish cover looks the best out of these four versions. The colours pop just the right way. Glad they decided to keep so true to the Japanese edition!

Really looking forward to that interview!

User avatar
methpring
Friend
Friend
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 am
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by methpring » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Orion 21 was released today, and among the commercials in it was a commercial about Taistelukoira Zero, and pictures of the last three volumes:
Image

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13342
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Tora » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm

methpring wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:53 pm
Orion 21 was released today, and among the commercials in it was a commercial about Taistelukoira Zero, and pictures of the last three volumes:
Image
Oooo!!!! So freaking cool!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Suetic
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Suetic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:48 pm

The second volume is estimated to be released in September 21st! Great, it's just one day ahead of my birthday... xD
Image

Discord: SirSuetic#1411
⚡Sankariruhtinas⚡

Akame in the avatar picture of mine was colored by Pikafuey. The rest has been edited by myself.

User avatar
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3138
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:58 am
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Densetsu No Kage » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:11 am

Taistelukoria Zero's second volume cover has surfaced in full color:
Image

I'm really liking how they're just leaving the Japanese text on there and having the translation up in the corner. At first I didn't think it worked, but it's actually pretty brilliant.
Member of the Ginga community since 2008
Avatar made by yours truly

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13342
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Byakuren no Fang will be translated!

Post by Tora » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:04 am

Densetsu No Kage wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:11 am
Taistelukoria Zero's second volume cover has surfaced in full color:
Image

I'm really liking how they're just leaving the Japanese text on there and having the translation up in the corner. At first I didn't think it worked, but it's actually pretty brilliant.
I'm both loving it with the Japanese text as well as I almost hoped for it to be compleatly in Finnish. XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Post Reply

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”