Ginga: the First Wars

General discussion related to spin off short stories from the main Ginga series. Current subforums: Ginga Densetsu Riki, Ginga no Inutachi, Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru and the Gaiden series.
Post Reply
User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Regnant » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:03 pm

Tora wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:04 pm
Arano wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 pm
The manga is the same size as usual, here it is in a box with volume 22 of last wars:
https://twitter.com/mirumon09/status/11 ... 03520?s=19

I think that other Twitter photo is taken from a false perspective?
Could most likely be then. If there was more manga vols in that and TFW was a bit higher up then TLW.
That what I was thinking. There's maybe 1 or 2 TLW books and then a whole stack of TFW in that other twitter photo. Or like 1 package set of books compared to 2 package sets of books.

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3740
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Digsu » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:52 pm

My copy of TFW volume 1 (or copies rather, I ordered two so I can use the other for scans) just arrived. Turns out that it includes all the chapters we've seen thus far, including chapter 16 from last month. At the very end there's also a couple four-panel comic strips starring the various random animals we've seen thus far. It shouldn't take me long to translate those so I'll probably be uploading them to the TFW translation topic in a few hours. (also I'll naturally get to translating chapter 5, which is the only chapter we're currently missing, after that's done)

The book is the exact same height and width as normal manga volumes, as seen in that tweet Arano linked to.

The text bubbles of the older chapters have all had furigana added to them.

Lastly, the obi has an ad for TLW 22.

Image



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Raki
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Raki » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Ohh thank you! So there're gonna no more TFW volumes?
Image
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Regnant » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Raki wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm
Ohh thank you! So there're gonna no more TFW volumes?
Considering there's a 1 on the volume, and it's still being published in Monthly Goraku, there will be more!

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14193
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tora » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Looking good! I sure look forward to more ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Raki
Prodigy
Prodigy
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Raki » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Regnant wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:11 pm
Raki wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm
Ohh thank you! So there're gonna no more TFW volumes?
Considering there's a 1 on the volume, and it's still being published in Monthly Goraku, there will be more!
Wonderful! I'm looking forward it! Thanks!! :EXCITE:
Image
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3740
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Digsu » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:25 am

I just noticed something interesting: they've actually changed some of the text in chapter 1.

In the original magazine version, Orion accuses his siblings of being dickless and Bella gets mad at him for using such coarse language in front of a lady.

In the book version, it's this instead:

Image

:orion: And you call yourselves males?!
:bella: I'm a girl, dumb big bro!

This, along with the added furigana, seems to support my theory that the book release of TFW is marketed at a younger audience than the original magazine version.

edit: original panels for science

Image

Image



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7345
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Arano » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:23 am

Digsu wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:25 am
I just noticed something interesting: they've actually changed some of the text in chapter 1.

In the original magazine version, Orion accuses his siblings of being dickless and Bella gets mad at him for using such coarse language in front of a lady.

In the book version, it's this instead:

Image

:orion: And you call yourselves males?!
:bella: I'm a girl, dumb big bro!

This, along with the added furigana, seems to support my theory that the book release of TFW is marketed at a younger audience than the original magazine version.

edit: original panels for science

Image

Image
Nice catch Digsu!

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14193
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tora » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:25 am
I just noticed something interesting: they've actually changed some of the text in chapter 1.

In the original magazine version, Orion accuses his siblings of being dickless and Bella gets mad at him for using such coarse language in front of a lady.

In the book version, it's this instead:

Image

:orion: And you call yourselves males?!
:bella: I'm a girl, dumb big bro!

This, along with the added furigana, seems to support my theory that the book release of TFW is marketed at a younger audience than the original magazine version.

edit: original panels for science

Image

Image
Sweet catch on that!
I like to know if there's more language change between in Goraku and final in volume. That's pretty interesting. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3740
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Digsu » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:06 pm

I haven't noticed any other differences in the dialogue itself, but for some reason some of the chapter names have been changed.

1 Boiling Blood (滾る血) --> Crossing the Cliff (崖越)
2 Killing Technique (必殺技) --> Battouga (抜刀牙)
3 Monster (怪物) --> P4
11 Ninjutsu (忍術) --> Ninja Dog (忍犬)
13 Lord of Terror (恐怖の支配者) --> Aokabuto (青カブト)



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 14193
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tora » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 pm

Digsu wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:06 pm
I haven't noticed any other differences in the dialogue itself, but for some reason some of the chapter names have been changed.

1 Boiling Blood (滾る血) --> Crossing the Cliff (崖越)
2 Killing Technique (必殺技) --> Battouga (抜刀牙)
3 Monster (怪物) --> P4
11 Ninjutsu (忍術) --> Ninja Dog (忍犬)
13 Lord of Terror (恐怖の支配者) --> Aokabuto (青カブト)
Wow... O.o
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
kaji kiba
Fighter
Fighter
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by kaji kiba » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Any idea of when/if First Wars will start producing chapters again? :O
Image
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Image
Residential Raichu lover

Post Reply

Return to “Other Ginga Related Manga”