Ginga: the First Wars

General discussion related to spin off short stories from the main Ginga series. Current subforums: Ginga Densetsu Riki, Ginga no Inutachi, Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru and the Gaiden series.
Post Reply
User avatar
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by RiKyy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:37 pm

I'm soooooooooooo curious how will the cover looks like ><'

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7121
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Arano » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:33 pm

I think I'm more excited about the release of this than the Last Wars XD

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Digsu » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:43 am

New chapter!

Weed has been away for a week and the Star Sibs are wondering what should they give/do to welcome him home. Guest starring a mama fox and her kit!



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13777
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tora » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:38 pm

I ghotta love this chaptyer with the fox! Too adoroble (as always)!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Raki
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Raki » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:06 pm

I'm so excited for this *-*

User avatar
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by RiKyy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 am

*I posted the back cover of vol 22 at the Last Wars topic too, but if somebody only curious for the First Wars, I post the cover picture from it :D *
On the OBI there is the First Wars cover juhuuu :D

Image

User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1219
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Regnant » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:02 pm

RiKy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 am
*I posted the back cover of vol 22 at the Last Wars topic too, but if somebody only curious for the First Wars, I post the cover picture from it :D *
On the OBI there is the First Wars cover juhuuu :D

Image
Here's a bunch of sadness... CHEER UP THERE ARE CHIBI PUPPIES
My Ginga Collection | Art | Twitter | Instagram
WANTED:
GNG Mono & Mono 2 books,
GDW pachinko large book,
GDW 1st edition obis 1-4, 7, 8, 31

User avatar
Aram
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Aram » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:18 am


User avatar
Raki
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Raki » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Aram wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:18 am
Here is better cover

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%81%8E%E3%8 ... 2%E3%82%8D
How adorable!!!

User avatar
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by RiKyy » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:21 pm

Back cover time :D


Image

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13777
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tora » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Loving that back cover!
Ans also, TFW seem to be a bit bigger then normal manga volumes? Am I right?
Also, how many chapters are in in? ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1219
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Regnant » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Tora wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 pm
Loving that back cover!
Ans also, TFW seem to be a bit bigger then normal manga volumes? Am I right?
Also, how many chapters are in in? ^^
I'm guessing it'll have the chapters up till that short hiatus we had, so 14 chapters. But they're half the length (or less) of normal manga chapters, so it works out to the normal volume page count (about 7 "normal" chapters)
My Ginga Collection | Art | Twitter | Instagram
WANTED:
GNG Mono & Mono 2 books,
GDW pachinko large book,
GDW 1st edition obis 1-4, 7, 8, 31

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Digsu » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Regnant wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:35 pm
Tora wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 pm
Loving that back cover!
Ans also, TFW seem to be a bit bigger then normal manga volumes? Am I right?
Also, how many chapters are in in? ^^
I'm guessing it'll have the chapters up till that short hiatus we had, so 14 chapters. But they're half the length (or less) of normal manga chapters, so it works out to the normal volume page count (about 7 "normal" chapters)
The back cover shows the pups fighting the boar from chapter 15, so that one's probably included as well.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Raki
Comrade
Comrade
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Raki » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Love the backcover!!!!

User avatar
Kasi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4974
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Kasi » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Cute back illustration!
Yep I agree, the book itself seems to be much bigger/taller than the regular Weed/Orion/TLW publications
Compare them here: https://twitter.com/ikichi_nishiten/sta ... 7522347008
Image
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volumes 20 and 21 now available!

Online
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Digsu » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 am

Kasi wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:27 pm
Cute back illustration!
Yep I agree, the book itself seems to be much bigger/taller than the regular Weed/Orion/TLW publications
Compare them here: https://twitter.com/ikichi_nishiten/sta ... 7522347008
The monthly Goraku Special was also larger than normal manga books, so this is consistent with that.

Image

This is how large the pages originally were in the magazine.



Banners and avatar by me

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13777
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tora » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 am

Digsu wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:08 am
Kasi wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:27 pm
Cute back illustration!
Yep I agree, the book itself seems to be much bigger/taller than the regular Weed/Orion/TLW publications
Compare them here: https://twitter.com/ikichi_nishiten/sta ... 7522347008
The monthly Goraku Special was also larger than normal manga books, so this is consistent with that.

Image

This is how large the pages originally were in the magazine.
Though, to be true, when the chapters are in magazines, they're usually bigger then in finally in volume
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7121
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Arano » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 pm

The manga is the same size as usual, here it is in a box with volume 22 of last wars:
https://twitter.com/mirumon09/status/11 ... 03520?s=19

I think that other Twitter photo is taken from a false perspective?

User avatar
Kasi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4974
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:34 am

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Kasi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Wow, I’m confused now! Haha
Image
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW: Volumes 20 and 21 now available!

User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 13777
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Tora » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Arano wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 pm
The manga is the same size as usual, here it is in a box with volume 22 of last wars:
https://twitter.com/mirumon09/status/11 ... 03520?s=19

I think that other Twitter photo is taken from a false perspective?
Could most likely be then. If there was more manga vols in that and TFW was a bit higher up then TLW.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Avatar made by ArcticLune
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Post Reply

Return to “Other Ginga Related Manga”