Amakakeru Toki

General discussion of all things related to other manga series by Yoshihiro Takahashi.
panther-star

Amakakeru Toki

Post by panther-star »

Amakakeru Toki, also known as 天翔ける瞬間 (Moment of Heaven?) is a manga by Yoshihiro Takahashi published by Shueisha and originally serialized in Monthly Shonen Jump in 1991. I found the comic here: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/amakaker ... 50-101565/ by going through Takahashi's work listed on Comic Vine. It comes in three volumes, and based on the covers is about a boy who is in the horse racing world. As an equestrian myself I am very interested in learning more about this manga, but I may need to buy it from a foreign site since I can not find it on places such as Ebay and Amazon.I was able to find a description here: https://comicdate.web.fc2.com/jump/ama-kakeru.html

"Ikki Nakayama, who grew up on a ranch where he raised horses, was proud to know everything about horses and hated horse racing that used them like tools. One day, Ishii, who lost his horse and lost his player's life when he was a horse jockey raised at the ranch, comes to visit. Then, Ishii who saw the natural one in the treatment of the horse of one horse offers to enter the jockey school where I am a teacher. It will take it to the horse racing school on the condition that it listens to the person who won the race, and the race will be done immediately. It was one jockey who was confident not to lose, but it lost to the first grade student, and there was the regret, too, and it entered the jockey school.
Horse racing cartoons of the masters of animal cartoons."

Unfortunately it was translated by Bing so it's very rough lol. What do you guys think of this? Have you heard of this manga before or know anything about it?
Nara
Potential
Potential

Re: Amakakeru Toki

Post by Nara »

Oh I would love to find out more about this manga! It's so hard to find any info beyond a basic description. :(
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I have those 3 manga! As someone who has worked with harness race horses, I found this one interesting. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
panther-star

Post by panther-star »

Tora wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:44 am I have those 3 manga! As someone who has worked with harness race horses, I found this one interesting. ^^
That's really cool! Where did you get them? And what's it like working with harness racing horses?
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

Tora wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:44 am I have those 3 manga! As someone who has worked with harness race horses, I found this one interesting. ^^
Could you give a rundown of what happens in the manga? I don't know how well you can read Japanese, but maybe the pictures alone are enough to decipher the plot?
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I'm actually interested in this one, too - I've never been around horses myself, but I think this one looks cool. I like how Yoshi was drawing animal comics before he drew Ginga, and not just canines. It makes me want to see more animal manga, they're a bit hard to find.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:

Return to “Other Yoshihiro Takahashi Works”