Suggestion: A "Participation" Page/Button?

Having issues using the board? Ask here! You can also suggest improvements and comment on current features.
Dragon
Comrade
Comrade

Suggestion: A "Participation" Page/Button?

Post by Dragon » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 am

Just an idea I had today...
Similarly to the one on gingascans, I think it'd be a good idea if there could be somewhere, preferably separate from our notification button, that shows new posts in threads we posted in, even if someone didn't reply to us. It doesn't have to be exactly like gingascans' in every way, but it being a popup does sound handy and less in the way than being redirected to a new page.
It's just sometimes I forget to check back on threads and then come back to see tons of stuff I never knew were posted. I'm sure most of us could relate to that. The only downside I can see in this is for those who post in commonly posted-on threads, like LOTPW, but maybe we can also have the option to mute some threads while keeping other ones unmuted?

...If in the end, there IS a function like this, I guess I just need help knowing where it is LOL;;

CoffieDog
Fighter
Fighter

Re: Suggestion: A "Participation" Page/Button?

Post by CoffieDog » Mon May 14, 2018 2:12 pm

I think we already have this? If you open the drop down menu in the corner (next to your username), there is an option called "Your Posts" which shows new posts in threads you have posted in.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Also if you are looking at your unread posts or anything, the paw prints with an star (*) on them are topics you have posted in (unless they are pinned or locked, then those won't have a star). So if you just look for the orange star paws, then that'll help you see what you've missed in your topics.

You can also subscribe or bookmark topics by clicking the little wrench/settings icon in that topic

Ohu Dogs | My Ginga Collection | Art & Shirts | Pet Instagram
GDW 1-4, 7, 8, 31 Obis Wanted! Paying $1-$2 each!
Large TI Weed Plush Wanted!
PurePlastic Weed Plush (with tag) Wanted!

Dragon
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Dragon » Mon May 14, 2018 4:26 pm

Oh wow, I feel dumb for never noticing this stuff ^^;
Sorry for the unnecessary post!

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Mon May 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Just to echo what other people have said, I use the 'Your posts' link in the top menu so I can have an overview of all topics I've posted in and weed through all the orange highlighted ones I haven't read.

The subscription function is great for topics where you want to actually have a notification every time it's updated, I personally use this for topics that are only updated very rarely so I'm not logging in to loads of notifications every day; if you don't want to be harassed by a notification using the bookmark function is best. Both these things can be toggled in your user control panel :)

Return to “Troubleshoot”