Ginga confessions

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Wolpard »

Celloco wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 pm Yeah, considering the context of the names being astrological, I've always pronounced them as o-rai-in and rai-jil. Somewhat of a confession, but I've always preferred Mel's name as Mel rather than Mer, even if it's short for Mercedes. I just don't like that name at all lol
Same, Im not a fan of how "Mer" sounds in English, I think Mel works better. Plus, iirc he is named after one of Yoshi's old dogs, who his wife called "Mer/Mel" after Mel Gibson apparently.
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Me was named after Mel Gibson??? Eeeewww :OUT:

Also I'm actually relieved that Rigel's name is pronounced Rai-jill because even though I always assumed his name was pronounced Ree-gull, I never liked that pronunciation. So I'm glad there's another way to say his name that I like better.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

So, I didn't get to read the manga. I'll have to look to see where to find that. I knew about some of the important events, thanks to Ginga Wiki and other sources, but there is one thing I never realized.

For a long time, I thought Yamabiko was female. I assumed based on his interactions with Orion and how some people ship them together. I don't have anything against LGBTQ+, but I assumed because I haven't seen anything that suggested that there were same-sex couples or anything like that in Ginga. Except for the interactions between Smith and Chutora, and Rocket and GB.

So, yeah. I thought Yamabiko was female, but I guess it makes a lot more sense for him to be male. Nothing sexist, but because I think Orion might be homosexual.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I genuinely cannot see Hyoma as brown and Retsuga as grey.

I have the keychain from Nishioka of Hyoma and then seeing the colored manga images of the two..... the colors looks so foreign to me. To me, it's the reverse: Hyoma is grey, Retsuga is brown.
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

When I watched both animes for the first time, I thought Gin and Weed were voiced by actual boy actors. Then a while later, I found out that they were voiced by female actresses. How unwitting of me. :nosebleed:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I don't think it's possible for me to cry to poor ol Smith's death. Before I knew Ginga at all as a young teen, my friend tried getting me into it by watching GDW and during his dying scene, she told me to 'GET OUT THE TISSUES FOR THE WATERWORKS' but because I didn't really know who he was at the time, I was just watching like :Koyukisweat: the whole time. Like 'we just met this guy, am I suppose to feel sad...?' Now reseeing the scenes just reminds me of that memory :tfw_bella1: rip.

ImageImage
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Fun fact: I have never made it through John's death in the anime or manga without sobbing profusely before! :yama1:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

kahooton wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:23 am Fun fact: I have never made it through John's death in the anime or manga without sobbing profusely before! :yama1:
That's always made me cry too :tfw_orion1: Everytime....

Also a random confession.... I sometimes forget these are just like... normal ass dogs size wise. I guess I been too into my project that I forget these aren't giant dogs like in my story. :Koyukisweat:

Like for some reason I just keep thinking they're big and then a human comes into the mix and it's just like "oh shit right, normal dogs"
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:29 am
kahooton wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:23 am Fun fact: I have never made it through John's death in the anime or manga without sobbing profusely before! :yama1:
That's always made me cry too :tfw_orion1: Everytime....

Also a random confession.... I sometimes forget these are just like... normal ass dogs size wise. I guess I been too into my project that I forget these aren't giant dogs like in my story. :Koyukisweat:

Like for some reason I just keep thinking they're big and then a human comes into the mix and it's just like "oh shit right, normal dogs"
NO BECAUSE ME TOO

I love when Daisuke comes into the mix and we see Gin is only up to like, his knee or something and I'm just comparing all the sizes like :tfw_orion2
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I mix up Kin and Tama's names all the time. I seriously need to double check which one's which almost every time I mention one of them in a post... I keep forgetting which one's dead and which one's alive. :yama1:

Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Many years ago, when I was swamped weekly by rabid fans and rabid haters of Ginga on da that would think any natural dog was a Ginga dog, I hadn't watched Ginga yet and thought maybe watching amvs of it would give me an idea of wtf was going on because my internet was so atrocious around then I didn't have the patience to wait for episodes of anything to load.
I was so off the mark lmfao. What I thought was the the gist of gdw's plot is what follows, taken from a discord conversation:
SPOILER

Finally got enough patience to spend literal hours loading just one episode. I was aware of gng, but watched gdw first because episode one, part 2 of 3 of gng refused to load past a few minutes in no matter what I did. :bella4:

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Sandatora wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:32 am Many years ago, when I was swamped weekly by rabid fans and rabid haters of Ginga on da that would think any natural dog was a Ginga dog, I hadn't watched Ginga yet and thought maybe watching amvs of it would give me an idea of wtf was going on because my internet was so atrocious around then I didn't have the patience to wait for episodes of anything to load.
I was so off the mark lmfao. What I thought was the the gist of gdw's plot is what follows, taken from a discord conversation:
SPOILER

Finally got enough patience to spend literal hours loading just one episode. I was aware of gng, but watched gdw first because episode one, part 2 of 3 of gng refused to load past a few minutes in no matter what I did. :bella4:
"Weed is killed. The end."
LMFAO

This story sounds exciting all on its own LOL
Were you disappointed or impressed by its real plot? :tfw_aokabuto1:

ImageImage
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Dragon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:42 am
Sandatora wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:32 am Many years ago, when I was swamped weekly by rabid fans and rabid haters of Ginga on da that would think any natural dog was a Ginga dog, I hadn't watched Ginga yet and thought maybe watching amvs of it would give me an idea of wtf was going on because my internet was so atrocious around then I didn't have the patience to wait for episodes of anything to load.
SPOILER

"Weed is killed. The end."
LMFAO

This story sounds exciting all on its own LOL
Were you disappointed or impressed by its real plot? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Hmm, I'm not sure! My first Ginga watchthrough I was being unfairly critical of it. The second time I watched it I think I was a little disappointed it wasn't as.. dramatic as my gist was, but I still liked it so it's all good XD

🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Sketch-San

Post by Sketch-San »

To this day I still can't pronounce "Iga" correctly.

I know the right pronunciation is "ee-gah" but ever since I started watching Ginga I've always been pronouncing it as "ai-gah" in my head, with the i being pronounced like a capital i. Ten full years of a habit I still can't break.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Sketch-San wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:08 pm To this day I still can't pronounce "Iga" correctly.

I know the right pronunciation is "ee-gah" but ever since I started watching Ginga I've always been pronouncing it as "ai-gah" in my head, with the i being pronounced like a capital i. Ten full years of a habit I still can't break.
I've been pronouncing it "ai-gah" all these years as well... and it's only occasionally I remember to remind myself that it's wrong. :yama1:
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:47 pm
Sketch-San wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:08 pm To this day I still can't pronounce "Iga" correctly.

I've been pronouncing it "ai-gah" all these years as well... and it's only occasionally I remember to remind myself that it's wrong. :yama1:
I pronounce it as "ih-gah" :rigel4:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

kahooton wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:50 am

I say that too c:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

kahooton wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:50 am

I do too XD

Nageki

Post by Nageki »

Only death that made me actully sob was Teru's father's death.Because how anime and manga shows that bad people (or dogs lol) can change and it was realistic how he was afraid of dying but still tries to protect his son , not so heroic or not so annoying. I don't know if i'm heartless but other deaths are too dramatic to me.. and dying characters are just fine with dying makes is so cheesy.
Yes , i felt sad but not that broken like most of the fans.
Nageki

Post by Nageki »

SPOILER

And this is legendary
LOL :P4:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”