What is your most favorite thing about Yoshi's style?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Nageki

What is your most favorite thing about Yoshi's style?

Post by Nageki »

My favorite thing is how he draw legs , paws and anatomy are realistic and original at the same time. So what is your favorite?
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: What is your most favorite thing about Yoshi's style?

Post by JazzyJazz »

I like how it just radiates that energy of action and adventure and how the dogs are ready to fight and how the bears are more forces of destruction than normal animals, at least in GNG
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

He's very good at dynamic poses. Or he used to be, anyway.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

He has perfect soundtracks for the relative situations. Be it mystery,horror,fun,manliness,etc.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

I love the faces on the dogs tbh. They have a realistic proportion to them, but their faces are clearly his style, as well as looking cartoony, which I love!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I love how structured and solid the characters are. When Yoshi actually spends time drawing and not doing rushed stuff (not his fault, being a mangaka is draining), it looks REALLY good. The characters are very 3-dimensional and you can especially see it in the muzzle and the way the legs connect to the body.

I also love the way he stylizes markings a lot, especially all the cool face markings he comes up with. The way he stylized markings on ceratin breeds such as German Shepherds and Kai Ken is really unique and cool imo.

And when things are colored I love his watercolor style too. Everything is very bright and very 80's. :p
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I love the energetic and dynamic poses he thinks of, the fangs, the paws (though I wouldn't want to draw like it, I do still love how they look in his style), and the actions they do. Like all of the battougas are so crazy to think up, but I love that!
This mostly applies to GNG and beginning GDW of course :sob:

Although Ginga's style is so unique and out there, I love how, as main characters and focuses of the plot, they give main-character vibes than most animals in animal-focused shows. I hope that makes sense.

ImageImage

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”