Ginga confessions

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Dragon » Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 am

As cool of an arc it was, Yukimura's final battle with Shogun is hard to watch because of all the axe killings ;;;
Sharp weapons always made me squirmy and Yoshi went all out with how realistic Shogun's sloppy slices would hurt the others. Heads getting just part of an ear cut off, that one traitor monkey's imperfect cut, even Yukimura's stab and being held up by the stick was like AAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I still feel this way about Kurojaki VS Akame with the sickle, Hayato's death, and Orion's finishing attack on Monsoon too. ~.~

..BUT DOGS CUTTING WITH THEIR FANGS ARE OK. Weird brain :tfw_sirius2:

Shining Sirius
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Shining Sirius » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:45 pm

I always struggle to remember which of the doberman assassins is Thunder and which one is Lecter. :thunder: :lecter:

I've used their smilies here to remind me for the hundredth time, but I can guarantee you that I will have forgotten again in about an hour's time. :yama1:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :belmond:

KremlinJill
Defender
Defender

Post by KremlinJill » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:52 am

The dog fighting arcs/characters never really bothered me since they were so fantastical, yet I shudder at the (Pit Bull) fight writeups in my vintage dog books. :THOT:

Dragon wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 am
As cool of an arc it was, Yukimura's final battle with Shogun is hard to watch because of all the axe killings ;;;
Sharp weapons always made me squirmy and Yoshi went all out with how realistic Shogun's sloppy slices would hurt the others. Heads getting just part of an ear cut off, that one traitor monkey's imperfect cut, even Yukimura's stab and being held up by the stick was like AAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I still feel this way about Kurojaki VS Akame with the sickle, Hayato's death, and Orion's finishing attack on Monsoon too. ~.~

..BUT DOGS CUTTING WITH THEIR FANGS ARE OK. Weird brain :tfw_sirius2:
Possibly because axes/sickles etc are human. We see them go in and our monkey brain goes 'that could happen to me!' while fangs don't have the same strong effect(?)
Yukimura's arc was probably the goriest one tbh
Amazing Sadie art by Bonisfab!

KremlinJill
Defender
Defender

Post by KremlinJill » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:03 pm

I cannot stand Silverthepuppy's Ginga fan work. There is no plot and no actual content, but he constantly amps it up like he's God's gift to the fandom. Really can't understand how he still has fans.
But if you point the story having anything related to Ginga out, he'll scream that it's not ginga anymore'
Bruh stop

I'm really not too interested in a lot of ginga fanwork actually. I'm too much of a picky bitch I guess.
Amazing Sadie art by Bonisfab!

Sandatora
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Sandatora » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:05 pm

KremlinJill wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:03 pm
I cannot stand Silverthepuppy's Ginga fan work. There is no plot and no actual content, but he constantly amps it up like he's God's gift to the fandom. Really can't understand how he still has fans.
But if you point the story having anything related to Ginga out, he'll scream that it's not ginga anymore'
Bruh stop

I'm really not too interested in a lot of ginga fanwork actually. I'm too much of a picky bitch I guess.
I never was a fan of him even waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day and watched all of his content to see what everyone was talking about. And normally I like bad little kid ms paint animations with characters that are just Weed recolored with green fur lol
I guess it was alright for the time but it didn't age well and all I hear is that it's going to be rebooted but nothing really to show for it?

Dunno if he still goes after green Weed ocs but my main peeve with him is how crappy and stuck up his attitude is towards his fans :S I don't know how such rude people can always keep a fanbase. A lot of really popular ginga fan artists seem to be absolutely hateful and toxic to their fans or in general :( like I never liked nekonotaishou either, and they're still very popular despite me seeing them all the time in the 2010s going after users for "not being original enough", (some ocs they were hating on for looking too much like a Ginga character, they themselves had a oc exactly like that..) or they thought the art was unrealistic or ugly.
Some users they even stalked and made literal pages of hate + snark art towards them on livejournal for years just because they thought their Ginga fan comic was stupid and ugly looking despite the user trying to improve and doing some of the changes they demanded they do. Disgusting. Sometimes they could give good constructive criticism but usually it was just "everything looks deformed!" with no mention of how to fix it or stupid comments like "their stupid face marking looks like birdshit lol" and none of that is remotely a constructive crit.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”