Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Tsukitora »

I feel like if Bella's collar were red it would be a darker-looking collar like Koyuki's. Therefore I like to headcanon Bella's collar to be yellow :tfw_bella2:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

If Riki hadn't gotten amnesia he would've been a good dad to Gin and his brothers. Even if he wasn't able to see them 100% of the time due to his job as a hunting dog he would still spend time with them whenever he could.

Maybe this would've led to Gin being a better parent and Weed being a better parent. If only....
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

headcanon that shirozaru and akame actually interact and he teaches him all about the history of iga and even some ninja techniques. They become very close and he sees akame as a father figure c:

cmon yoshi why couldn't you give us at least one interaction between them when akame came back in gdw:o...:tfw_bella1: :tfw_bella1: :tfw_bella1:
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Amazing new headcanon that the koga elder sounds like Mr. Krabs
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

kahooton wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:18 am Amazing new headcanon that the koga elder sounds like Mr. Krabs
"arg, arg, arg, arg, arg! tesshin, boy, we need MUNEH!"
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I headcanon that Sirius fell in love with Monsoon and tried to win the evil bear’s heart and convince the Ou army to get along with Monsoon and be friends with him because Weed, along with other Ou dogs, SLEPT WITH A GODDAMN BEAR IN GDW VOL. 57!! :OUT:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Here's one for Hyena/Noah's survival in GDW - Sniper did cut into Hyena's stomach but he was only knocked unconsciousness until he was knocked against a piece of drift wood which carried him to his new master, who managed to treat all his injuries.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Gingaddict wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:28 pm Here's one for Hyena/Noah's survival in GDW - Sniper did cut into Hyena's stomach but he was only knocked unconsciousness until he was knocked against a piece of drift wood which carried him to his new master, who managed to treat all his injuries.
That’s what I’ve thought of a lot since GDN began. It wouldn’t explain the fact that we literally saw Hyena/Noah’s ghost a couple of times in GDW, but I still absolutely agree on this.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I'll do you one better, Noahyena is actually a reincarnation that has the spirit and memories of Hyena, but is technically a different dog who was born in a different place and has a conflicting backstory. That's why we see Hyena's ghost because he hadn't come back just yet.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

JazzyJazz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:06 am I'll do you one better, Noahyena is actually a reincarnation that has the spirit and memories of Hyena, but is technically a different dog who was born in a different place and has a conflicting backstory. That's why we see Hyena's ghost because he hadn't come back just yet.
A dog reincarnation with the spirit and memories of Hyena? Spooky. :tfw_sirius1:

For some reason, I also like this one. Good one, Jazzy. :rigel4:

Also this reminds me of something like Paranormal Activity. Lol
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Daisuke adopts Miho / Miho goes to live with Daisuke after Gin dies because she really liked Gin and he was kind to her and she wants to repay the favour by looking after his human!

(Not to be generic with every female dog is a pet but yeah...)
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

bob can't speak dog language fluently because he spent most of his life around bears. :bob:
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

This might be a silly one, but it's just a thought - Ben's full name is Benjamin, and he named his children similarly - Ken from Kenneth/Kennedy, George could be from Gregory (or it could stay the same as the English George), and Minnie could be derived from Minerva or Winifred. I like theme naming, and for a character with a short version of an English name to have children with short, English names seemed like a neat idea. Additionally, Cross goes along with this for Ben despite having a few favorite Japanese-style names in mind. When the time came, one of those would go to Tesshin. I think that she'd be allowed to name him because she helped raise him alongside her sons.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Assuming Munechika isn’t just a criminal mastermind or just written shittily but that’s not as fun, maybe Munechika is being possessed by someone who keeps making stupid decisions that nearly get the Ohu Army killed. Now who would have died in the past year and would have a reason to be spiteful against Ohu :smirk: Spoilers: it’s Sirius
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I got a couple.

I like to think Sakura is related to Akame and he sort of has his bloodline marry into Ohu like royalty.

Also, speaking of Akame, his voice actor being the narrator in the anime makes me imagine it's all a retelling by him.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I now headcanon that Ohu didn't follow Weed because he was a great leader in his own right, but more because he was what they needed.
The army had been destructured for some time, so they clung on to someone who gave them hope and reminded them of their missing leader.
Gin then overestimated that chemistry when he decided to let Weed take over. But also, he himself didn't feel like their leader anymore, due to having gone missing.
Last edited by Flanoir on Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I also like to think that Tokimune is actually Gin's first son, but turned out to lack his spirit totally, becoming a body double rather than a true successor with time.

It's stated apparently that Gin doesn't know about him so I guess that theory is as good as dead basically, but I like it regardless.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

anime hakuro has green paw pads :hakuro:
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I like to think all the characters that disappeared between GDW and GDWO were killed in the disaster at the start of the GDWO manga not... Yoshi forgetting them and throwing them into the void (tho you know that's exactly what he did)

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

headcanon that russian war dogs celebrate their victories by singing kalinka together lmao

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”