Ginga Alternate Universes

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Ginga Alternate Universes

Post by SoullessDog »

Nerdykestrel74 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:25 am I once thought up of this GDW au where Hougen learns that Gin has a son and manages to find Weed before GB or anyone else can. He manages to convince Weed that he's actually a misunderstood nice guy, and all the rumors he's heard about him killing dogs aren't true. In this au Gin would likely believe Weed when he tells him this because when he first heard about Hougen he didn't believe he was evil until being proven otherwise
That's an interesting AU. It kinda reminds me of Spirit Tree's TLW fanfic, where Monsoon tricks Sirius into thinking he's changed.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I'd like to throw this AU I did for this February banner quoted from the banner submissions thread made bc I honestly still really like what I came up with
LIBRAKIND wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:02 pm
https://imgur.com/a/colPaIh
Another banner that kinda ended up being an AU? Kinda.
So this was supposed to be the hero/villain swap idea.

I put my idea under a spoiler bc it a bit long.
SPOILER
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:24 am I'd like to throw this AU I did for this February banner quoted from the banner submissions thread made bc I honestly still really like what I came up with

SPOILER
That'd be an interesting AU. If you had to pick one of the endings, which would it be?

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

SoullessDog wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:29 am
LIBRAKIND wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:24 am I'd like to throw this AU I did for this February banner quoted from the banner submissions thread made bc I honestly still really like what I came up with

SPOILER
That'd be an interesting AU. If you had to pick one of the endings, which would it be?
Honestly, probably no. 2 only just to see Kaibutsu be used as a secret weapon!
^click me!^
My Socials
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:59 am

It's the best ending since they all live, especially since I feel sorry for Kaibutsu.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

SoullessDog wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:24 am
LIBRAKIND wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:59 am

It's the best ending since they all live, especially since I feel sorry for Kaibutsu.
Yeah same! I also just really like Jerome's group a lot too
^click me!^
My Socials
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Jerome's group died too quickly. They literally intended to die cleaning up the scientists' mess, even though it wouldn't have been necessary.

Also, I decided to edit this post and put some of my AUs cause I don't wanna spam.

General concepts and grounded AUs
  • Any AU where characters like Gin, Weed, Sirius, Orion, or someone else is evil. And when I mention Weed and Sirius, I don't mean delusional or hypocritical. I prefer villains or anti-villains that acknowledge that they are evil. Because Weed justifying his treatment of Orion seems crueler than admitting that he's abusive and that he hurts Orion because he hates him or whatever.
  • Weed being a good father and/or Sirius being a good brother.
  • Weed is an abusive father whereas Sirius is a good brother who protects his siblings from Weed, including Orion.
  • Orion is evil, and the only thing he loves is his family. Sirius in this universe favors his family over his morals, so he does what he can to protect Orion and uses Monsoon to keep everyone ignorant about Orion being evil.
  • Weed realizing that he's been a terrible father, especially to Orion, and starts hating himself for it. He'll either distant himself from his kids to avoid hurting them or try to fix things. Orion would probably say, "If you're sorry, just say it. Don't go on some weird *** guilt trip." (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to swear on this site)
Here's a few of my weirder and not grounded AUs
  • Weed and/or Sirius are so pacifistic because they suffer from a curse or addiction that makes them evil if they start killing. If they start killing, they'll never stop.
  • Weed has a darkness in soul which would've made him evil if he gave in to the temptation to kill(This doesn't include prey animals, but sentient characters and such). He barely overcame his dark side, but when he realizes how much Sirius is like him, he fears that his first son has that same darkness in his soul. So he spends most of his time with Sirius to try and save him from being corrupted, but the others think that he's favoring Sirius over his other three kids.

After making sure that Sirius has control of his inner darkness, Weed believes that the danger's over. But to his horror, he discovers that Orion has the same darkness in his soul. He didn't think Orion would have it, considering their differences. And because Orion isn't aware of it, he is slowly being corrupted by the temptation to kill.
  • Some people in the fandom say Weed has a god complex, so how about an AU where Weed is the reincarnation of the Devil? Sirius can be the Antichrist, while Orion, Rigel, and Bella are three very powerful demon lords. And for some reason, Weed reincarnated himself as a mortal to experience what it's like to be good. He's so pacifistic because his morality is black and white since he's originally omnimalevolent.
That's some of the AUs I thought of. Tell me what you think, if they're too weird or not. If you'd like to hear more.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

AU where the Harpoon Bear survives Akakabuto's strike and helps the dogs deal the final blow as a revenge but then dies from blood loss shortly afterwards.
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

sabrus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:00 pm AU where the Harpoon Bear survives Akakabuto's strike and helps the dogs deal the final blow as a revenge but then dies from blood loss shortly afterwards.
That'd be an interesting AU. I feel like Harpoon Bear had so much wasted potential as a villain. Plus, Riki and Akatora might've lived if this happened.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

An AU where the Gingaverse worked a little more like the medieval times, still with doggos. After a fall out between the two oldest brothers, the role as next crowned king fell onto Rigel. Rigel, as the prince, is taught how to become a suitable king by his father, Weed (with his retainers GB, Tesshin, and Jerome). Sirius , after refusing the role, became a roaming sage with his traveling companions Shion and Chibi (later renamed 'Kanben' (勘弁) by Sirius), sometimes visited by his old friends Akakama, Kurokama, and Sasuke. Orion, after refusing the role, became a mercenary with his gang of friends (Andy, Yamabiko, Bon, Izou and a few of his bros). Bella is taught during the day by her mother and other female ohu members how to be a 'proper princess' but by night, sneaks out to train her skills and save innocent people from petty thieves while in a disguise (something like rolling in mud to hide her unique fur color), sometimes secretly watched over by Lydia or Rara. The bearhound ancestors' stories continues to be told as popular legends across the land, almost in a way of like fairytales.

Honestly, medieval ginga dogs sound pretty cool to try drawing... :tfw_aokabuto1:

ImageImage
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

AU where all of the young Ohu dogs who were mentally ready to serve went to Mie for training instead of just Weed's kids, so those youngsters don't die/flee from Paradise almost all at once
And Lydia's there (and LIVES :bella4: ) to teach Koyuki, Bella and any other young ladies *cough* :sunny: *cough* so they can be useful beyond incubation too
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

AU where Hakuro is a hokkaido ken. :hakuro:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

I actually want to write a story about this.

A GTLW/GDN AU where Sirius attempted to kill Monsoon, only to be severely wounded and suffer brain damage. This causes an alternate personality to develop and suppress Sirius's consciousness. This personality, who calls himself Akusei Gan (Japanese for "Malignant Cancer") or just Gan, impersonates Sirius so that the Ohu Army remains aware that the real Sirius has been replaced by an alternate and malicious personality.

While the Ohu Army focuses on Monsoon, Gan finds himself infatuated with Monsoon. Only to become disappointed and disgusted when he learns instead of being a great killer, Monsoon is more of a broken bear. But it doesn't stop there. He decides to manipulate both Monsoon and deceive the Ohu Army, both to cause bloodshed and to make the Ohu Army hate Sirius.

Near the end, Orion discovers that Gan is not his brother and fights him to try and free Sirius. Gan almost kills Orion, but seeing his younger brother almost die by his own paws gives Sirius the strength he needs to briefly take back control. Ashamed of what he had almost done and fearful that he could not hold Gan back, Sirius decides to take his own life. Afterwards, Orion informs everyone of the truth, but everyone believes him. Because many hate Sirius for Gan's actions and because of his own guilt from not being able to save his brother, Orion leaves Ohu.

However, Gan/Sirius survive the suicide attempt. Sirius is once again suppressed as Gan takes back control. Now that the Ohu Army believes they're dead, Gan decides to build his own army with the intent to bring about as much pain and suffering as possible. At the same time, Gan is also waiting for the End of the Earth to come, and he takes pleasure in knowing that he will get to watch the world burn in the name of his Majesty.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

Some demon AUs :orion3:

Matheus AU
In this AU Matheus isn't actually just a normal white shepherd but a demon in dog form. He seems like a regular shepherd but nobody knows he's got hidden powers that he rarely uses. He hasn't told about them to anyone because his plan is to attack Masamune when he expects it the least. His powers include invulnerability, invisibility, mind control, super speed and ability to generate massive amounts of destructive energy for a short amount of time. His son Bon however didn't inherit any of those traits but he knows what his father is really capable of. That's why he tells Orion to not annoy his father and leave asap. The Ohu army would totally be in trouble if they tried to oppose Matheus since alien powers don't exist in this universe.. They would have to make him an ally so he could use his powers for a good cause. Orion and his friends would really need his help trying to fight Wanwan right now.

Some GDN AUs:
SPOILER
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Had this randomly pop into mind just now and really wanted to just type this down

AU where Tesshin does become the supreme leader of Ohu once he's old enough as of Gin's wish. He is in charge pretty much the entire time between GNG and GDW. But with him not having a mate therefore no children, he, and everyone else worries as to who would be the next heir. Tesshin flips between the ideas of having a family himself or choosing someone to take his place.

But then Gin finds out he has a son like what happens in GDW. It gets the army wondering "Oh, since Gin was a former supreme leader, does that mean his son will take Tesshin's place afterward?"

At first Tesshin is worried about this idea since Weed never was here in Ohu, no one knows how he's like. Will he be a fitting leader? So him, Gin, Akame, (probably not John bc I still imagine the Hougen arc happens) and a group of others go to find him.

The part with Gin and his crew being held hostage prob still happens so it's mainly Tesshin who goes looking for Weed.
Things happen, Tesshin finally meets Weed and joins him to help take down Hougen. He sees that Weed has a good heart like his dad and personally wishes to train him and teach him everything about Ohu to become a good leader and a good person in general.

So hopefully Weed doesn't end up shitty later on :EMPTY:

It's still kind of a messy idea but it's just the gist of what I had in mind.
^click me!^
My Socials
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

I just thought of a GDWO AU, and it's pretty dark. Viewer discretion advised.
SPOILER
A GTLW AU, less dark than the AU above.
SPOILER

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

AU where TLW doesn't end abruptly/feels resolved and GDN doesn't happen. :derpgin: (And Yoshi gets to retire yay)
John22

Post by John22 »

An AU where Blue and Kaibutsu, who survive and reform, in order to help Weed fight Hogen.
:gin: :john: :akame: :andy: :izou: :zion: :kisaragi: :orion: :hakuro: :victor:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I've long been thinking about a sort of Yukimura-inspired Dark!Gin AU. :gin:
Wherein Riki doesn't get thrown into the chasm by Akakabuto but instead is left paralysed from the fight and Gin has to witness Gohei putting him down. Gin's personality is basically then swapped for Yukimura's, except he is a far more successful in that he comes to be the founder of the Ohu army himself, through dictatorship. His whole character can basically be summed up with his attitude of 'All bears are evil and should be slaughtered and if you disagree with me then you're an idiot'.

I like me some Dark!Ginga AUs. 🖤
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

An AU where Weed is actually the best dad in Ginga. Here's how:

-He trains with his puppies and doesn't leave anyone out. He defends Bella from getting discriminated against.
-He tells them stories about his adventures and how he learned to be a better person.
-He takes them with him to hunt and teaches them some hunting skills.
-He makes sure the star sibs are mentally okay and asks them how they're doing.
-He's the best at solving their arguments and in the end everyone is happy again.
-He doesn't take any of the puppies with him to war. He wants to protect them at all costs and sends them away.
-He's there for them when they need him and comforts them.
-He wants to be a good dad and asks Gin for help sometimes.
-He sometimes doubts if he's doing the right thing.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”