Ginga Playing Cards

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Ginga Playing Cards

Post by Tikikata » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:58 pm

My friend got me these Ginga playing cards for my birthday, each card features a different character on it. It was apparently a collaboration project by artists on Pixiv. The art is very cute!

Only criticism is that there is no Lloyd card... :c

Anybody else own these?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That One Lloyd Fangirl™
:belmond: :gama: :gdwkurotora: :lloyd: :george: :ken: :unsai: :masamune: :hyakkiga: :suiga:

My Ginga Characters
Momo | Hakkou | Gracia | Mamushi

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: Ginga Playing Cards

Post by Arano » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:16 pm

So THAT'S what it is! I remember seeing one of these for sale on YJA and wondered if it was just by one fan or a group.
That's a massive project to have pulled off, usually fan cards have the same designs for each suit but I guess with Ginga there's more than enough to go around XD

Who are the King and Queen of hearts?

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:21 pm

I need this... I NEED TO HAVE IT!!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:36 pm

It would be a ton of fun to do a Ginga Board version!!! I know the place I get the GNG Board Game printed also does regular card decks and boxes

Ohu Dogs | My Ginga Collection | Art & Shirts | Pet Instagram
GDW 1-4, 7, 8, 31 Obis Wanted! Paying $1-$2 each!
Large TI Weed Plush Wanted!
PurePlastic Weed Plush (with tag) Wanted!

AlphaSpice

Post by AlphaSpice » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Oh my GOODNESS that art is gorgeous!! I might just have to poke around and see if I can find any |D

Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Regnant wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:36 pm
It would be a ton of fun to do a Ginga Board version!!! I know the place I get the GNG Board Game printed also does regular card decks and boxes
This would actually be seriously amazing! I'm putting in my pre-preorder request now ;3

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Tove wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:31 pm
Regnant wrote:
This would actually be seriously amazing! I'm putting in my pre-preorder request now ;3
We could do something along the lines of the fanzines, where we could donate proceeds to some organization (an Akita rescue perhaps?)

Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Regnant wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:52 pm
Tove wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:31 pm
Regnant wrote:
We could do something along the lines of the fanzines, where we could donate proceeds to some organization (an Akita rescue perhaps?)
That is such a sweet idea. I hope you'll get enough support to get this project going someday!

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Regnant wrote:
Such a good idea! I'd be up for that :D

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 am

Regnant wrote:
Mass sale on demand ala the board game is (western nation) copyright infringement to Yoshi. It's also hijacking the Japanese fan group's idea. ANd bootleggin if on demand as well.
Folks, y'all can buy here in yen (Japanese copyright laws are more lax). One of the main artists also makes those lovely keychains.
https://nishioka.booth.pm/
Might need to use "Add to buyee".

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:54 am

KremlinJill wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:26 am
Regnant wrote:
Mass sale on demand ala the board game is (western nation) copyright infringement to Yoshi. It's also hijacking the Japanese fan group's idea. ANd bootleggin if on demand as well.
Folks, y'all can buy here in yen (Japanese copyright laws are more lax). One of the main artists also makes those lovely keychains.
https://nishioka.booth.pm/
Might need to use "Add to buyee".
I've stated this before, they board game is not available for mass sale. I use a small run on demand printer (on demand just means we don't need to go through a whole approval process, not necessarily sold in an online shop) and sell them for cost (no profit). It's the same sort of thing those cards we're talking about used to get printed.

And many other people have made fan playing card decks. It's not stealing an idea. It'd be different fanart, so there's still a pull to buy the original.

If you're bashing this please then don't promote any other fanart like you just did XD

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 am

In the end, money changed hands for things that didn't belong to the person, so there is really no line. "Fan made" and "bootleg" are really just buzzwords. Made to order or made available before, in my opinion there is no difference. It ain't their work. I myself own a bootleg weed plush that was cancelled (thus he is an odd collectable as he is no longer made due to fan outcry). I also made two shirts for my own personal use (thus zero profit). Profit was made form the board game (in the beginning, before it was taken off the seller website) just as is from these cards.

I just showed folks that were interested where to buy if they chose to do so. If they don't, it's their choice. No one should be pressured into either. That's not right.

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:11 am

KremlinJill wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 am
In the end, money changed hands for things that didn't belong to the person, so there is really no line. "Fan made" and "bootleg" are really just buzzwords. Made to order or made available before, in my opinion there is no difference. It ain't their work. I myself own a bootleg weed plush that was cancelled (thus he is an odd collectable as he is no longer made due to fan outcry). I also made two shirts for my own personal use (thus zero profit). Profit was made form the board game (in the beginning, before it was taken off the seller website) just as is from these cards.

I just showed folks that were interested where to buy if they chose to do so. If they don't, it's their choice. No one should be pressured into either. That's not right.
There was never any profit made from the board game though. Only the printer made any money, just like the printer of your shirts or the bootleg company. We had it set to 0% markup when it was up on that site... And by the way no one bought one. We've sold about 5 total XD

I just don't get why you are attacking the board game while still promoting the rest.

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 am

I showed everyone where to find it because I knew where it was.
Don't laugh at me for having a different opinion. All you have to do is state your rebuttal and I'll read it. How the hell was I supposed to know the full history of the board game project when I was never apart of it? Don't mock me for not having that information. Just talk openly and I'll listen.
If people cannot debate or share different opinions, there is zero point of a forum. People will also think differently and speak differently everywhere in life. Laughing at them does nothing.
Also, everyone, including you and I, and the entire human race, are hypocrites.

Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:04 am

Can... we kindly not use this thread to criticize fan-made media, please? I wanted to make this topic to share what my friend kindly bought me for my birthday. I didn't provide any links where to buy this and thus I don't see why it's a problem... This just took the fun out of receiving this item. :/

Just put in a request to have this thread closed. Sorry to those who were interested in seeing the cards.

That One Lloyd Fangirl™
:belmond: :gama: :gdwkurotora: :lloyd: :george: :ken: :unsai: :masamune: :hyakkiga: :suiga:

My Ginga Characters
Momo | Hakkou | Gracia | Mamushi

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Don't mock me for not having that information.
Don't assume in the first place...

Topic closed.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”