What happened to-?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Birdcrossing

Re: What happened to-?

Post by Birdcrossing » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:43 am

Gingastar wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:32 am
Birdcrossing wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:46 am
ok here i go... YUKIMURA
Yukimura died at the end of the Monkey Arc. He was killed by Shōgun.
sorry oops i must have forgotten
BIRDCROSSING :chibi:

Shining Sirius
Potential
Potential

Post by Shining Sirius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Okay, this has been bothering me for a while now: whatever happened to all the Iga/Koga females?

I'm assuming that the Koga still had breeding females stashed away behind the scenes since their numbers are higher than the Iga dogs. Or, at least it's implied from the way they're drawn in both the anime and manga. However, all the Iga dogs all seem to be depicted as male... so, what happened? How did their lineage survive so long if the female population was in jeopardy? Or, did the Koga dogs kill all the Iga females...? :derpgin:
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:

:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :toube: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:25 pm
Okay, this has been bothering me for a while now: whatever happened to all the Iga/Koga females?

I'm assuming that the Koga still had breeding females stashed away behind the scenes since their numbers are higher than the Iga dogs. Or, at least it's implied from the way they're drawn in both the anime and manga. However, all the Iga dogs all seem to be depicted as male... so, what happened? How did their lineage survive so long if the female population was in jeopardy? Or, did the Koga dogs kill all the Iga females...? :derpgin:
As far as I remember Akame just discharged Igas after GNG events while Kogas were revived later by The Elder.
There are no known Koga or Iga females (at least not in GNG+ timeline. GDA had Hakutaka's mom and that's about it), not like it's a suprise tho...
Image Image Image Image
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Troll Berserker wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm
Shining Sirius wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:25 pm

As far as I remember Akame just discharged Igas after GNG events while Kogas were revived later by The Elder.
There are no known Koga or Iga females (at least not in GNG+ timeline. GDA had Hakutaka's mom and that's about it), not like it's a suprise tho...
Going by the events of GDWO, there were no adult Igas left to discharge after GNG - all the adults other than Akame were dead and the puppies had been taken to live with humans to ensure the end of the Iga/Koga war.

There's a scene in GDW where the new generation of Kogas want to kill Weed because "the Ohu army killed [their] fathers", which sort of implies that all the females were just hidden away somewhere while the males did the fighting. Though that would also raise additional questions like "if they didn't live in the underwater hideout, then where were they?" and "if they're still hiding away somewhere rearing pups, why haven't we seen any new Koga dogs after GDW?" so who knows.

Banners and avatar by me

Shining Sirius
Potential
Potential

Post by Shining Sirius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:35 pm

Troll Berserker wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm
Yeah, that doesn't come as much of a surprise considering the blatant sexism that's besmirched the series since the 1980's... apparently the ninja dogs were so manly that they figured out a way of procreating without females? :derpgin:

Akame's bloodline has always irked me, too. He claims to have puppies to Ben whilst in captivity, yet none of the Iga dogs seem truly confirmed to be his. He then magically has a daughter (the mother of Shirozaru, Muu and Rara) whom only appears in GDW:O and wants nothing to do with her father. So what happened timeline-wise? Why is so much information missing? Or did this all just slip into the inexplicable void like so many of Takahashi's characters? :/
Digsu wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 pm
Going by the events of GDWO, there were no adult Igas left to discharge after GNG - all the adults other than Akame were dead and the puppies had been taken to live with humans to ensure the end of the Iga/Koga war.

There's a scene in GDW where the new generation of Kogas want to kill Weed because "the Ohu army killed [their] fathers", which sort of implies that all the females were just hidden away somewhere while the males did the fighting. Though that would also raise additional questions like "if they didn't live in the underwater hideout, then where were they?" and "if they're still hiding away somewhere rearing pups, why haven't we seen any new Koga dogs after GDW?" so who knows.

Enough said. These questions and more will never be answered. :upsidedown:
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:

:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :toube: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 am

Shining Sirius wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:35 pm
Akame's bloodline has always irked me, too. He claims to have puppies to Ben whilst in captivity, yet none of the Iga dogs seem truly confirmed to be his. He then magically has a daughter (the mother of Shirozaru, Muu and Rara) whom only appears in GDW:O and wants nothing to do with her father. So what happened timeline-wise? Why is so much information missing? Or did this all just slip into the inexplicable void like so many of Takahashi's characters? :/
Meteor Gin says that Akame's six puppies grew up and began to serve their father. There are several unnamed Iga dogs in GNG, any of whom could be one of the six puppies.

Shirozaru's mother was one of the puppies that Akame took to live with humans some time before Gin and the others met him, so that bit's actually consistent timeline-wise. The reason she "didn't want anything to do with him" was because Akame himself forbade his descendants from becoming ninjas (or possibly fighters of any kind) for as long as he lived.

Banners and avatar by me

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”