How often do you rewatch/reread ginga?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Nuulo27
Rookie
Rookie

How often do you rewatch/reread ginga?

Post by Nuulo27 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Since we're all different kind of people and different kind of fans, I was wondering how often do you watch ginga series over or reread the manga's/manga?

I watch them quite rarely, but once I get into it I watch both GNG and GDW anime in just a couple of days, and read the manga's in no time (but since I don't own all the GDW and GDWO manga's, I have to get them from the library, and that's a big pile of books XD)

YamaDora
Friend
Friend

Re: How often do you rewatch/reread ginga?

Post by YamaDora » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 pm

I haven't rewatched either anime series for literal years (specially GDW, my hatred towards that anime is just too much), but I reread the manga often - specially GDW, because it is overall my favorite series.
I just recently reread the entire Russian army arc again, and the end of Hougen arc, I think I'm going to reread the monkey arc next, haha.

Reno
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Reno » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 pm

It been a while since I rewatched the anime but I do re-read the series a lot.

Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Wolpard » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Its been a bit for both. Im loosely keeping up with translations currently coming out for arcs that aren't fully translated though.

I think I last watched the anime about a year or so ago.

Mr Charisma
Potential
Potential

Post by Mr Charisma » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:01 am

I've downloaded all 21 episodes of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin so you can watch it whenever I want.As for Ginga Densetsu Weed,I watched it 9 years ago!!
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!

skinklegs
Potential
Potential

Post by skinklegs » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Once every few years! I'm about due for another rewatch.

Nuulo27
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nuulo27 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 pm

Mr Charisma wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:01 am
I've downloaded all 21 episodes of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin so you can watch it whenever I want.As for Ginga Densetsu Weed,I watched it 9 years ago!!
9 years??? :P4: How do you cope?

Mr Charisma
Potential
Potential

Post by Mr Charisma » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:50 am

Nuulo27 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:26 pm
Mr Charisma wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:01 am
9 years??? :P4: How do you cope?
Actually it was first aired in our country in 2011.I do watch its small clips tho up to today.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:29 am

At least once a year of fully rewatch, Then some clips here and there though XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera and Nokorde, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Gingaddict
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gingaddict » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:29 pm

I always rewatch it whenever I feel like it, especially if certain episodes can get better quality like the recent files I got so far.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Wolpard » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 pm

This thread is making me want to do a rewatch lol. But maybe I'm due for rereading?

MasterOfCider

Post by MasterOfCider » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:55 pm

I don't really watch the shows that often, but I read the mangas quite frequently. They're a lot better even if the art takes a dive.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."

MooseInACup

Post by MooseInACup » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 am

I usually rewatch the series every couple of years.
:akakabuto: :gin: :riki:

Morti
Champion
Champion

Post by Morti » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:23 pm

Not often, haha.
I haven't re-watched GNG since... 2010?
GDW I re-watched earlier this year, since I randomly found a super cheap bootleg for it. Quality was... worse than my other bootlegs, but I forgot how much fun Ginga was.

I do mean to rewatch GNG... for no other reason that LoGH bingo! Legend of the Galactic Heroes had so many characters in it that most VA's in the 80's ended up working on it. I want to see who is who in Ginga haha. INTERESTING FACT: The narrator is Bittenfeld!!

Ben is also Jean Robert Lappe
Just a panda lost in space
♥Gundam♥ ♥Megami Tensei♥ ♥Legend of the Galactic Heroes♥
♥Gloryhammer♥ ♥Dynasty Warriors♥

Please tell me about your characters!!

Silver_Alchemist
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Silver_Alchemist » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm

I usually don't rewatch anything, since now I have watched it, and I enjoyed it, so what is the point of watching it again? Well, then there are those few exceptions of course. Let's just say it like this, the stuff I rewatch is something that I would rate between 9-10 on a scale from 1-10 (Which means that there isn't a lot in this world that I consider "rewatch worthy"). But even tho I would rewatch those few exceptions sometimes, then it only happens like 1 or 2 times a year, and most of the times, I don't even rewatch some movies or series that I really liked because I probably forgot about them, or because they are not available for me anymore. That counts for Ginga as well. As a kid tho, I watched that anime at least five times a year from 2010 - 2012 (And then I stopped watching, because, as I said, I forgot about it. However...). The crazy thing is that I didn't even rewatch Ginga after that until 2017! The only reason why I even watched that anime again was because I just randomly found it back in 2017, and I just thought to myself: "Why the heck not?". And then the next time I rewatched Ginga, was back in January this year. That's how I stumbled upon GB, because now that I am much older than all of those other times I watched Ginga, I generally felt like researching the anime, since it just is that good! I wanted to know more, and then I stumbled upon GDW (the anime), and eventually the mangas. Damn, I was shocked by all of that XD Then I eventually stumbled upon GB as well, and now I have a place to talk about Ginga:) It's just lovely!
Have a nice day!

Raki
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Raki » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:38 am

I don't watch the anime often but occasionally yes. Maybe three to four time every year. Even more if I'm trying to get my friend into it too xD
And for manga, I read them few times in weeks. I have all mangas so I just walk by and pick one and starting to read it. But of course it's harder to read when all are in japanese. But well. :tfw_bella2:
So I'd say, often.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Wolpard
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Wolpard » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:35 am

Raki wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:38 am
I don't watch the anime often but occasionally yes. Maybe three to four time every year. Even more if I'm trying to get my friend into it too xD
And for manga, I read them few times in weeks. I have all mangas so I just walk by and pick one and starting to read it. But of course it's harder to read when all are in japanese. But well. :tfw_bella2:
So I'd say, often.
Oh wow you watch and read it a lot!

Raki
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Raki » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:19 am

Wolpard wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:35 am
Raki wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:38 am
So I'd say, often.
Oh wow you watch and read it a lot!
I guess so :tfw_rigel1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”