Ginga confessions

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
User avatar
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero
Posts: 7482
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Troll Berserker » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:33 am

I liiked gin having some fighting spirit in him but I agree for the humans ex machina part too. This is an awful plague of Ginga mangas, especially since GDW and later on.
Image
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me

User avatar
Kaiken
Friend
Friend
Posts: 409
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Location: Planet Earth, hopefully

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Kaiken » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Digsu wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:02 am
] in the end Jerome atones for his mistakes
I don't see what he did as mistake. It was Weed who made a mistake by chasing him away.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :yamato: :madara: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger:
Image
YAMATO4EVER

User avatar
Dragon
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Nohr
Contact:

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Dragon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:49 pm

Kaiken wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:14 pm
Digsu wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:02 am
] in the end Jerome atones for his mistakes
I don't see what he did as mistake. It was Weed who made a mistake by chasing him away.
His mistakes of sending out his comrades to die without joining them, and for directly disobeying his leader, Weed.
Image

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Shining Sirius » Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm

Wasn't sure whether to put this under unpopular Ginga opinions or this topic, so I figured it'd be better here.

I empathise with Lucy.
As someone who occasionally struggles with depression, and as of recently, grief, I feel I can relate to how twisted her mind becomes in the depths of her despair, especially when she breaks down and tells Smith and the Ohu dogs that she wishes "they would all just choke on their happiness". It's a pretty damn dark, yet accurate, depiction of the fickle labyrinth of mental health problems - it can be hard feeling confined to a life of loneliness and watching everyone else around you laughing and having fun while you lack any motivation to break yourself out of your rut.

I used to strongly dislike Lucy until I analysed her character with a clear heart. I'm not saying that this should provide an automatic excuse for what she did to Sakura and her unborn pups though... :(
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:



:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

User avatar
Dragon
Seasoned
Seasoned
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Nohr
Contact:

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Dragon » Wed May 15, 2019 9:47 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm
Wasn't sure whether to put this under unpopular Ginga opinions or this topic, so I figured it'd be better here.

I empathise with Lucy.
As someone who occasionally struggles with depression, and as of recently, grief, I feel I can relate to how twisted her mind becomes in the depths of her despair, especially when she breaks down and tells Smith and the Ohu dogs that she wishes "they would all just choke on their happiness". It's a pretty damn dark, yet accurate, depiction of someone with mental health problems - it can be hard feeling confined to a life of loneliness and watching everyone else around you laughing and having fun while you lack any motivation to break yourself out of your rut.

I used to strongly dislike Lucy until I analysed her character with a clear heart. I'm not saying that this should provide an automatic excuse for what she did to Sakura and her unborn pups though... :(
I agree u.u I don't hate her for what she's done either. I wish the Ohu army had better support for the people who lost loved ones. They allowed her in, but leaves her to sulk all alone? No one thought maybe she needed someone there for her? She sounded like she even wanted to join him in the army so she could die alongside him.
I wonder if Smith really killed her for what she's done...
Image

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Shining Sirius » Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 pm

Dragon wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:47 pm
Shining Sirius wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 pm
Wasn't sure whether to put this under unpopular Ginga opinions or this topic, so I figured it'd be better here.

I empathise with Lucy.
As someone who occasionally struggles with depression, and as of recently, grief, I feel I can relate to how twisted her mind becomes in the depths of her despair, especially when she breaks down and tells Smith and the Ohu dogs that she wishes "they would all just choke on their happiness". It's a pretty damn dark, yet accurate, depiction of someone with mental health problems - it can be hard feeling confined to a life of loneliness and watching everyone else around you laughing and having fun while you lack any motivation to break yourself out of your rut.

I used to strongly dislike Lucy until I analysed her character with a clear heart. I'm not saying that this should provide an automatic excuse for what she did to Sakura and her unborn pups though... :(
I agree u.u I don't hate her for what she's done either. I wish the Ohu army had better support for the people who lost loved ones. They allowed her in, but leaves her to sulk all alone? No one thought maybe she needed someone there for her? She sounded like she even wanted to join him in the army so she could die alongside him.
I wonder if Smith really killed her for what she's done...
The Ohu army seems to have a very old fashioned approach to trauma. Reminds me of all the stories you hear of war aftermaths where scarred soldiers and bereft wives are simply expected to carry on with their lives like nothing has happened. No aftercare whatsoever. I agree - it would've been really heart warming for her to have maybe been assigned a companion or something instead of her just... wandering around paradise in a grieving slump.
I still often wonder about Lucy's fate myself. I can't really see Smith killing her, but if he didn't, does that mean she could have committed suicide? That'd be tragically dark... :/
:heart: :sirius: I Love Sirius :sirius: :heart:



:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :saheiji: :akakama: :gdwokotetsu: :masamune: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Post Reply

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”