Anime News Network covers Ginga fan question

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

Anime News Network covers Ginga fan question

Post by Densetsu No Kage »

Hey guys, how're y'all doing? (yikes my Southern dialect exploded all over this sentence).

Recall a few months ago when I asked for numbers in terms of sales for how Takahashi's manga was doing in Finland. I was actually asking for that information so I could ask a person at Anime News Network who specializes in the manga industry a question. Today she happened to drop her response and I thought I'd link and share it with you guys. It's about what I expected, but this is most likely what will happen with the Ginga series when it comes to an English language release.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answer ... 10/.135342

(If you hit the main page and look for the header, there's a nice picture of the first cover of GDW:O )

Until now we are forever in debt to all those who help in translating Takahashi's works. Whether it be buying volumes of manga or weekly magazine publications, scanning images or translating, you know who you are, thank you so much <3
Member of the Ginga community since 2008
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: Anime News Network covers Ginga fan question

Post by Kasi »

That's awesome they wrote a whole article on your question! Good to see some discussion on the matter. I think it was brought up in the discussion comments, that the market in Finland had grown up with the series, something that is entirely missing from most other worldwide markets. Realising that it does indeed seem like a long shot to ever get picket up by an English publisher. The digital publication does sound a little more promising though.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Densetsu No Kage
Legend
Legend

Post by Densetsu No Kage »

Kasi wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 am That's awesome they wrote a whole article on your question! Good to see some discussion on the matter. I think it was brought up in the discussion comments, that the market in Finland had grown up with the series, something that is entirely missing from most other worldwide markets. Realising that it does indeed seem like a long shot to ever get picket up by an English publisher. The digital publication does sound a little more promising though.
Yeah Finland definitely had the advantage with the show being a long time favorite and so many fans. It does seem like a long shot for a physical release because, like she said, it's an older series and there's just SO MUCH of it. A digital publication maybe one's best bet. I know some companies are licensing and digitally publishing older works, but I don't know how long any of the series are.

Apologies for the late reply! I was vacationing :)
Member of the Ginga community since 2008
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Wow, thanks for asking the question and so great to get an answer! As you've already said the answer is what is expected, but still nice to see an article about it published in this way.
Birdcrossing

Post by Birdcrossing »

That's so cool
BIRDCROSSING :chibi:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”