What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wolpard
Potential
Potential
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Wolpard » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:39 pm

As the title says; what new/upcoming content would you like to see?

I'm generally not super keen on reboots, but I'd personally love to see a GNG anime reboot for several reasons:
1. being that Ginga (as a whole) has a lot to improve on, and I'd like to see different writers give the original series a go perhaps with less sexism
2. considering more modern anime is being translated to English, I feel it would be a good chance to "advertise" the series to more English-speaking audiences (i guess you could do this with a new installment anime of something that hasnt been adapted yet, like Orion, but since GNG is from the 80's I think its worthy of a reboot)
3. more new merch! with new anime usually comes new merch, something that isn't necessarily true with something that's remained as manga.

What about you? What do you guys wanna see in the future for Ginga?

User avatar
Flanoir
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:12 pm
Location: Corsica, France

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Flanoir » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Same for an anime reboot. It would have to be traditional animation though, but thankfully japanimation is not all that into CGI so it probably wouldn't come to that.

User avatar
Shining Sirius
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:40 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Shining Sirius » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Seconded for a GNG anime reboot. Not saying that the original is bad at all, but I think it can be improved upon with a bigger budget as its foundation. I would sincerely hope that they don't change the soundtrack much, however. The soundtrack is still a real defining feature of the anime (I've lost count of the number of times I've listened to it on YouTube and my old iPod).
I'd also love to see more merchandise in the future as well. Maybe some GDW:O and TLW figurines or plushies? I would kill for a Sirius plush, or imagine how cool a bear plush like Akakabuto or Monsoon would be. Heck, I'd settle nicely for badges or keychains too.
:heart: :sirius: Sirius' Self-Proclaimed #1 Fan :sirius: :heart:



:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :hiro: :gdwsniper: :toube: :saheiji: :akakama: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Online
User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Regnant » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:45 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm
Seconded for a GNG anime reboot. Not saying that the original is bad at all, but I think it can be improved upon with a bigger budget as its foundation. I would sincerely hope that they don't change the soundtrack much, however. The soundtrack is still a real defining feature of the anime (I've lost count of the number of times I've listened to it on YouTube and my old iPod).
I'd also love to see more merchandise in the future as well. Maybe some GDW:O and TLW figurines or plushies? I would kill for a Sirius plush, or imagine how cool a bear plush like Akakabuto or Monsoon would be. Heck, I'd settle nicely for badges or keychains too.
Bear plush O_O :monsoon: :akakabuto:
Image

Ohu Dogs | My Ginga Collection | Art & Shirts
GDW 1-4, 7, 8, 31 Obis Wanted! Paying $1-$2 each!

User avatar
Tsukitora
Potential
Potential
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Location: Central U.S.

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Tsukitora » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:58 pm

More plushes would be awesome, especially from PurePlastic if they made a GNG or GDW:O lineup :D

One of my lowkey hopes for Ginga is that there'll eventually be a total anime reboot starting with GNG and hopefully making it to GDW and onwards, with much better animation and eventually enough notice to get a full-series English publication but I know it's a super long shot at this rate ;A;

Also, I'm hoping for at least a Gaiden or something to provide further closure on TLW, because what the hell happened to these guys :akakama: :bella: :koyuki: :reika: :bob: :zion: :bearchibi:
Image

User avatar
Gingastar
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6859
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Gingastar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 pm

Excluding getting a new, full on Ginga series I would personally like to see more gaidens focusing on side characters.
Image
Banner by me

Image
Art by RefinedRaven

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

User avatar
Wolpard
Potential
Potential
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Wolpard » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:18 am

More Gaidens would be cool!!
TBH I just really want stuff that could increase the fanbase, cause more popularity = more stuff. Maybe if the Stage Play does well we'll get something out of it.

User avatar
Raki
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Raki » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm

More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!

User avatar
Wolpard
Potential
Potential
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:17 am
Location: California
Contact:

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Wolpard » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Raki wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm
More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!
GDWO anime would be cool! I think ideally they would reboot GNG and then go through the sequels. It's not likely but one can dream. Anything that would give us more merch and more plushies that aren't super expensive nor difficult to get outside of nordic countries.

User avatar
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero
Posts: 7459
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Troll Berserker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Fighting doggies are entertaining, but let's be honest, Yoshi fails at writing complex characters and conflicts. I would like a manga with more fleshed out characters and engaging, complex plot. TFW despite being a comedy short makes a better job in writing its characters. I dunno, hire a writer and make come more gaidens xD
Image Image Image Image
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me

User avatar
Raki
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Raki » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Wolpard wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm
Raki wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm
More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!
GDWO anime would be cool! I think ideally they would reboot GNG and then go through the sequels. It's not likely but one can dream. Anything that would give us more merch and more plushies that aren't super expensive nor difficult to get outside of nordic countries.
Indeed! But I'd love to see Russians arc in anime but we'll never know well. Ginga could be so much more popular if they made more anime of it. Thats' what I think :surprisegin:

Post Reply

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”