What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Wolpard
Potential
Potential

What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Wolpard » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:39 pm

As the title says; what new/upcoming content would you like to see?

I'm generally not super keen on reboots, but I'd personally love to see a GNG anime reboot for several reasons:
1. being that Ginga (as a whole) has a lot to improve on, and I'd like to see different writers give the original series a go perhaps with less sexism
2. considering more modern anime is being translated to English, I feel it would be a good chance to "advertise" the series to more English-speaking audiences (i guess you could do this with a new installment anime of something that hasnt been adapted yet, like Orion, but since GNG is from the 80's I think its worthy of a reboot)
3. more new merch! with new anime usually comes new merch, something that isn't necessarily true with something that's remained as manga.

What about you? What do you guys wanna see in the future for Ginga?

Flanoir
Recruit
Recruit

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Flanoir » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Same for an anime reboot. It would have to be traditional animation though, but thankfully japanimation is not all that into CGI so it probably wouldn't come to that.

Shining Sirius
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Shining Sirius » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Seconded for a GNG anime reboot. Not saying that the original is bad at all, but I think it can be improved upon with a bigger budget as its foundation. I would sincerely hope that they don't change the soundtrack much, however. The soundtrack is still a real defining feature of the anime (I've lost count of the number of times I've listened to it on YouTube and my old iPod).
I'd also love to see more merchandise in the future as well. Maybe some GDW:O and TLW figurines or plushies? I would kill for a Sirius plush, or imagine how cool a bear plush like Akakabuto or Monsoon would be. Heck, I'd settle nicely for badges or keychains too.
:heart: :sirius: Sirius' Self-Proclaimed #1 Fan :sirius: :heart:

:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :moss: :akame: :terry: :hakuromanga: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :ken: :kagetora: :jerome: :hiro: :gdwsniper: :toube: :saheiji: :akakama: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :gama2: :jumbo:

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:45 pm

Shining Sirius wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm
Seconded for a GNG anime reboot. Not saying that the original is bad at all, but I think it can be improved upon with a bigger budget as its foundation. I would sincerely hope that they don't change the soundtrack much, however. The soundtrack is still a real defining feature of the anime (I've lost count of the number of times I've listened to it on YouTube and my old iPod).
I'd also love to see more merchandise in the future as well. Maybe some GDW:O and TLW figurines or plushies? I would kill for a Sirius plush, or imagine how cool a bear plush like Akakabuto or Monsoon would be. Heck, I'd settle nicely for badges or keychains too.
Bear plush O_O :monsoon: :akakabuto:

Ohu Dogs | My Ginga Collection | Art & Shirts
GDW 1-4, 7, 8, 31 Obis Wanted! Paying $1-$2 each!

Tsukitora
Potential
Potential

Post by Tsukitora » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:58 pm

More plushes would be awesome, especially from PurePlastic if they made a GNG or GDW:O lineup :D

One of my lowkey hopes for Ginga is that there'll eventually be a total anime reboot starting with GNG and hopefully making it to GDW and onwards, with much better animation and eventually enough notice to get a full-series English publication but I know it's a super long shot at this rate ;A;

Also, I'm hoping for at least a Gaiden or something to provide further closure on TLW, because what the hell happened to these guys :akakama: :bella: :koyuki: :reika: :bob: :zion: :bearchibi:

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:22 pm

Excluding getting a new, full on Ginga series I would personally like to see more gaidens focusing on side characters.
Banner by me

Art by RefinedRaven

DeviantArt | Twitter | Tumblr

Wolpard
Potential
Potential

Post by Wolpard » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:18 am

More Gaidens would be cool!!
TBH I just really want stuff that could increase the fanbase, cause more popularity = more stuff. Maybe if the Stage Play does well we'll get something out of it.

Raki
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Raki » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm

More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!

Wolpard
Potential
Potential

Post by Wolpard » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm

Raki wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm
More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!
GDWO anime would be cool! I think ideally they would reboot GNG and then go through the sequels. It's not likely but one can dream. Anything that would give us more merch and more plushies that aren't super expensive nor difficult to get outside of nordic countries.

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Fighting doggies are entertaining, but let's be honest, Yoshi fails at writing complex characters and conflicts. I would like a manga with more fleshed out characters and engaging, complex plot. TFW despite being a comedy short makes a better job in writing its characters. I dunno, hire a writer and make come more gaidens xD
Image Image Image Image
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me

Raki
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Raki » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:28 pm

Wolpard wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm
Raki wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm
GDWO anime would be cool! I think ideally they would reboot GNG and then go through the sequels. It's not likely but one can dream. Anything that would give us more merch and more plushies that aren't super expensive nor difficult to get outside of nordic countries.
Indeed! But I'd love to see Russians arc in anime but we'll never know well. Ginga could be so much more popular if they made more anime of it. Thats' what I think :surprisegin:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”