What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Wolpard »

As the title says; what new/upcoming content would you like to see?

I'm generally not super keen on reboots, but I'd personally love to see a GNG anime reboot for several reasons:
1. being that Ginga (as a whole) has a lot to improve on, and I'd like to see different writers give the original series a go perhaps with less sexism
2. considering more modern anime is being translated to English, I feel it would be a good chance to "advertise" the series to more English-speaking audiences (i guess you could do this with a new installment anime of something that hasnt been adapted yet, like Orion, but since GNG is from the 80's I think its worthy of a reboot)
3. more new merch! with new anime usually comes new merch, something that isn't necessarily true with something that's remained as manga.

What about you? What do you guys wanna see in the future for Ginga?
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Re: What Ginga content would you like to see in the future?

Post by Flanoir »

Same for an anime reboot. It would have to be traditional animation though, but thankfully japanimation is not all that into CGI so it probably wouldn't come to that.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Seconded for a GNG anime reboot. Not saying that the original is bad at all, but I think it can be improved upon with a bigger budget as its foundation. I would sincerely hope that they don't change the soundtrack much, however. The soundtrack is still a real defining feature of the anime (I've lost count of the number of times I've listened to it on YouTube and my old iPod).
I'd also love to see more merchandise in the future as well. Maybe some GDW:O and TLW figurines or plushies? I would kill for a Sirius plush, or imagine how cool a bear plush like Akakabuto or Monsoon would be. Heck, I'd settle nicely for badges or keychains too.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Shining Sirius wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm Seconded for a GNG anime reboot. Not saying that the original is bad at all, but I think it can be improved upon with a bigger budget as its foundation. I would sincerely hope that they don't change the soundtrack much, however. The soundtrack is still a real defining feature of the anime (I've lost count of the number of times I've listened to it on YouTube and my old iPod).
I'd also love to see more merchandise in the future as well. Maybe some GDW:O and TLW figurines or plushies? I would kill for a Sirius plush, or imagine how cool a bear plush like Akakabuto or Monsoon would be. Heck, I'd settle nicely for badges or keychains too.
Bear plush O_O :monsoon: :akakabuto:
Image Image
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

More plushes would be awesome, especially from PurePlastic if they made a GNG or GDW:O lineup :D

One of my lowkey hopes for Ginga is that there'll eventually be a total anime reboot starting with GNG and hopefully making it to GDW and onwards, with much better animation and eventually enough notice to get a full-series English publication but I know it's a super long shot at this rate ;A;

Also, I'm hoping for at least a Gaiden or something to provide further closure on TLW, because what the hell happened to these guys :akakama: :bella: :koyuki: :reika: :bob: :zion: :bearchibi:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Excluding getting a new, full on Ginga series I would personally like to see more gaidens focusing on side characters.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

More Gaidens would be cool!!
TBH I just really want stuff that could increase the fanbase, cause more popularity = more stuff. Maybe if the Stage Play does well we'll get something out of it.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Raki wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!
GDWO anime would be cool! I think ideally they would reboot GNG and then go through the sequels. It's not likely but one can dream. Anything that would give us more merch and more plushies that aren't super expensive nor difficult to get outside of nordic countries.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Fighting doggies are entertaining, but let's be honest, Yoshi fails at writing complex characters and conflicts. I would like a manga with more fleshed out characters and engaging, complex plot. TFW despite being a comedy short makes a better job in writing its characters. I dunno, hire a writer and make come more gaidens xD
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Wolpard wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm
Raki wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 pm More plushies!! OwO and it would be nice if they could reboot GNG, and maybe even Weed too. What if they start with GDWO? I want see more of anime!!
GDWO anime would be cool! I think ideally they would reboot GNG and then go through the sequels. It's not likely but one can dream. Anything that would give us more merch and more plushies that aren't super expensive nor difficult to get outside of nordic countries.
Indeed! But I'd love to see Russians arc in anime but we'll never know well. Ginga could be so much more popular if they made more anime of it. Thats' what I think :surprisegin:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Troll Berserker wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:11 pm Fighting doggies are entertaining, but let's be honest, Yoshi fails at writing complex characters and conflicts. I would like a manga with more fleshed out characters and engaging, complex plot. TFW despite being a comedy short makes a better job in writing its characters. I dunno, hire a writer and make come more gaidens xD
He definitely does, that's why I'm hesitant when it comes to recommending Ginga to someone. That's kinda why I would like to see a reboot of the anime and giving the reboot writers more liberty to edit/change things (and especially modernize it because Yoshi is clearly very old fashioned, especially considering the way he treats his female characters). The concept of Ginga is interesting and I personally love a lot of elements of it's style and character designs, I would love to see someone give it another go with story and character improvements.

Man I need to stop thinking so much about an anime reboot because it makes me sad that it's so unlikely to happen. Where can I sign a petition?
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Troll Berserker wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:11 pm Fighting doggies are entertaining, but let's be honest, Yoshi fails at writing complex characters and conflicts. I would like a manga with more fleshed out characters and engaging, complex plot. TFW despite being a comedy short makes a better job in writing its characters. I dunno, hire a writer and make come more gaidens xD
I agree with this. I adore Ginga for what it is and it will always have a special place in my heart but... darn Yoshi can’t write deep characters. His characters are almost always very one note, or if he does have something good going for a character one of two things happen:

A: It’s only “good” because the fans make it good by looking deeper into the psychology/thoughts of the character and make that character more interesting.

B: Yoshi has something very good set up and going only for him to then take it in a direction that is rather dull.

I would love to see a story with more fleshed out characters and depth to them other than just having one staple personality and having them stick with that one trait.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Kin banner by Sandatora
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

GDW:O anime is something I wonna see the most. But because that's not likely to happen I also would like to see more of The First Wars or other parodies as I really liked it
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

More The First Wars chapters! I got done reading the entire first volume a few days ago and it's a genuinely cute and funny little spinoff :tfw_bella2:
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Feeling déjà vu here... I felt like I responded here... Did I? I can't see my own reply if that's the case.

I wanna see a prequel segment on what happened between the old (GNG) and the new (GDW onwards). Tie off some loose ends (the wolves, Chutora) and such.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

I would like to see the anime adaption for Ginga Densetsu Riki.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Would love to be a part of a combined Japan-NA GNG movie, but a professional project where I could really throw my all into it. Moneywise it would probably never happen, but it's a sweet pipe dream of mine. I'd keep it very faithful to the source material, only adding some details to make it easier to digest/understand for western* viewers (bushido, tosa fighting, the brutality of Gin's childhood, Gohei being an abusive crazy alcoholic, the Nihon Ken breeds detailed so idiots won't go buy from BYBs) :derpgin: :derpgin: :derpgin:

I'd watch the hell out of a GDWO series/mini series! It's already so packed with action and emotion I can hear the VA's in my head :tfw_orion1:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I said this a few times in other topics, but I would like to see a GNG anime reboot that could work exactly like the manga, even include the Wolf arc as well but in a different way from the manga. Then I would like to see a GDW anime reboot that also works exactly like the manga, and longer than what the original anime is. Then, if by chance, there could be anime of GDWO, TLW, and GDN that work like the mangas.

After Manga Planet began the English license for GNG, I would also like to see them do the same with GDW, GDWO, TLW, GDN, and other Ginga mangas, if possible.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:41 am After Manga Planet began the English license for GNG, I would also like to see them do the same with GDW, GDWO, TLW, GDN, and other Ginga mangas, if possible.
Speaking of Manga Planet stuff now that we have it- I would love for them to do print editions!! I know there was mention of Print on Demand at some point, but I dont know if they will actually do it.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”