Densetsu Hozon no Sho: Ginga Yondai/The Chronicle of Silver Fang

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Densetsu Hozon no Sho: Ginga Shidai/The Chronicle of Silver Fang

Post by Digsu »

Mako wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:00 am So, Ginga_Soul on Twitter posted a spoiler, characters have death or retreat next to their names.

There is no confirmed death or retreat for Joe. ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US SOMETHING, YOSHI?!

https://twitter.com/ginga_soul146/statu ... 2530525187

E: LEGIT CURIOUS WHAT IT SAYS NEXT TO CHUTORA. And everyone else who fell into The Void
I'm gonna assume Chutora is just going to say "dead", as he was confirmed to be dead in GDW. Same for all the other characters who are confirmed to be deceased and also kinda in The Void at the same time (so... just the Mutsu brothers aside from Kisaragi in GDW in addition to Chutora, I guess?).

RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

Oooookay, I trully fall in love with this spine pics 😍😍
I really love the cover arts, the spinea, back pics, but that spine.... Cant wait to get it, trully! 😍😍😍😍 :tfw_sirius3:

https://mobile.twitter.com/katukatu210/ ... 5118659584

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Ooh! I so wanna know about characters now! I Need that book XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

RiKyy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am Oooookay, I trully fall in love with this spine pics 😍😍
I really love the cover arts, the spinea, back pics, but that spine.... Cant wait to get it, trully! 😍😍😍😍 :tfw_sirius3:

https://mobile.twitter.com/katukatu210/ ... 5118659584
I love how the back specifically says "ALL Character introduction", even putting special emphasis on "all". Considering the amount of named characters in the series (hint: a lot), that's a bit of a bold claim, innit.

Also all the images, aside from the new portraits of the protagonists, are taken directly from GNG. Nichibun Comics are apparently milking being allowed to use GNG for once for all their money's worth apparently
:surprisegin:

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Joe's return confirmed?
Digsu wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:42 am
Shining Sirius wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 am :derpgin:

Oof, that is an impressively thick book... surely all of that can't be Yoshi's artwork and character information? That is quite the ambitious project. Maybe this explains why Ginga Densetsu Noah has been a bit of a car crash thus far. :tfw_aokabuto1:
iirc Meteor Gin and Meishobu Retsuden had about as many pages put together as the Chronicle, and MR only discussed the Kaibutsu arc of GDW (so basically it managed fill almost 200 pages based on only five or six volumes' worth of material). And the Chronicle is somehow supposed to fit three whole series' + one volume's worth of information in the same space.

I'll be honest, I seriously doubt it's going to be a 100% comprehensive book that includes every single tiny event and minor character, unless most of the information is conveyed through walls of text and tiny pictures. I'm really looking forward to the material we know is in there, particularly the color illustrations, character bios and the timeline, but I'm fully expecting that they've had to leave a lot of stuff out to keep it from becoming too long.
Oh, I see. That seems quite the stretch for Meishobu Retsuden to fill 200 pages based solely on the Kaibutsu arc. That must've been considerably in-depth or just seriously dragged out. XP
I see that it's not available on silverfanglegend, are there any plans to translate the whole book?

Yeah, well I was going to say that a fully comprehensive book of character biographies spanning over the four series would've been a very commendable project for even the most seasoned creator! But I see from your previous post that the back of the Chronicle does seem to imply that they will be including every single named character... yikes. :tfw_akame:
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what extent that goes to.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

A question:

Is the title with the BIG kanji pronounced Ginga shidai or Ginga yondai?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 pm A question:

I'm like 99% sure it's "shidai" because 四 is almost always pronounced as "shi" in compound words.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:36 pm

I'm like 99% sure it's "shidai" because 四 is almost always pronounced as "shi" in compound words.
That's my guess as well on it. But the edit on Finnish Gingapedia made me confused XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm

That's my guess as well on it. But the edit on Finnish Gingapedia made me confused XD
Mkay I'm having a hell of a time trying to google this (most of the search results seem to be Naruto videos in Chinese for some reason) but I think it might actually be "yondai" after all. For some reason I can barely find any instances of 四代 on its own, but lots of examples of 十四代 ("fourteen generations") with the attached pronunciation being "jyuuyondai".

The one page for 四代 I could find is this, which also says it's "yondai". I'm leaning on this being accurate, because it gives a little notification if it's not sure of the reading of the word and it's not giving it for 四代.

For what it's worth, Google Translate claims the reading is "shidai" but if you make it say it out loud it still says it's yondai.

ANYWAY I guess I was wrong so I'll just edit the topic title real quick.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:02 pm
Tora wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Mkay I'm having a hell of a time trying to google this (most of the search results seem to be Naruto videos in Chinese for some reason) but I think it might actually be "yondai" after all. For some reason I can barely find any instances of 四代 on its own, but lots of examples of 十四代 ("fourteen generations") with the attached pronunciation being "jyuuyondai".

The one page for 四代 I could find is this, which also says it's "yondai". I'm leaning on this being accurate, because it gives a little notification if it's not sure of the reading of the word and it's not giving it for 四代.

For what it's worth, Google Translate claims the reading is "shidai" but if you make it say it out loud it still says it's yondai.

ANYWAY I guess I was wrong so I'll just edit the topic title real quick.
Okay. Then I'm off to edit the Ginga Wiki! ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Densetsu Hozon no Sho: Ginga Yondai/The Chronicle of Silver Fang

Post by Flanoir »

The Naruto videos you found must be because his father was sometimes called "yondaime", "the fourth".
Btw I think one Twitter pic confirmed it also covered TLW?
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Flanoir wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:47 pm The Naruto videos you found must be because his father was sometimes called "yondaime", "the fourth".
Btw I think one Twitter pic confirmed it also covered TLW?
Ah, that makes sense. Though I still have no idea why all the videos were in Chinese.

This tweet that Riky posted earlier shows the back cover, which only lists GDR, GNG, GDW, and GDWO as being included. Unless they're filing TLW under GDWO for some bizarre reason.

However, the tweet that Mako posted shows a part of Sunny's bio, and while he and his siblings did debut back in GDW they weren't actually named until TLW, so it's at least including some elements from it.

EDIT: wait wait wait I just realized that that list on the back cover is literally a list of chapters (first chapter of GDR, unspecified chapters from GNG volumes 1 and 13 titled "Riki's last moments!" and "Father's teachings" respectively, the "prologue" and final chapter of GDW, and the first and last chapters of GDWO). Did they include actual chapters from the series to pad out the book??

Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

Lower in the Twitter thread with the death/retreat thing Mako showed us, TLW is listed on a picture. Though I don't know the exact purpose of that list.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Flanoir wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:55 pm Lower in the Twitter thread with the death/retreat thing Mako showed us, TLW is listed on a picture. Though I don't know the exact purpose of that list.
Oh, you're right! It seems to be the first page of the character index, which apparently also includes TLW. My bad.

Hm, assuming I'm right about some chapters from the past works being included, I wonder why there apparently aren't any from TLW.

edit: also in the tweet Mako posted is Toshimitsu's profile and under "breed" it just says "unknown/uncertain". No "Koga ninja dog" or "Nihonken mix" like in previous works, just "unknown".

I really hope that's just because he's literally a fictional breed and not because every dog whose breed hasn't been explicitly confirmed in the series proper is going to be classified as "unknown" :tfw_sirius2:

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I just got this in the mail today. I have to admit, I'm a little dissapinted with the book.

The book is a hardcover book, which I really like!

And here's without the sleeve:

There's only a couple of colored pages in the book. I was expecting more than that.

The first 50 pages are character data. However, there are no pictures of any of the characters. Only their names and a short description of each character. So to the ones of us who cannot read Japanese, the first 50 pages all look like this:

I'm quite dissaponted at that. I would have loved to see a tiny pic of each character. It would have been nice.

The rest of the book are just the first chapter of GDR, first and Akakabuto battle of GNG (no wolves), first and last chapter of GDW, first and (I think) last chapter of GDWO. That's it. No TLW.

It's a nice collection piece, but if you wanted new stuff, there's basically none.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

At least full pages of some coloured pages!

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I was afraid it would turn out like this, with the Twitter pics consisting mainly of plain text...
I'm actually happy I didn't order!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Ohh beautiful colored pictures!!

Awwh, but there's a lot of characters so maybe it's why they don't have pictures of them. It would be so many more pages.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

That is....quite disappointing. I'd be interested in seeing what is says about the status of characters who fell into The Void.
Done.
blivery
Potential
Potential

Post by blivery »

Just like FDQ said, it's a bit disappointing because the most part of the book is just filled with a few chapters from GDR, GNG, GDW and GDWO. But at least there are also a few character informations.

It took me a while but here are all pages of Ginga Yondai that contain information about the characters and the stories.
It seems like every character of the whole ginga story is mentioned together with the breed, the affiliation and also when they first and last appeared. There's also the cause of death mentioned and their role in the story. Sadly, the breed of many characters are just mentioned as unknown...

If there's anyone who wants to translate it and can't read the blurred text, then just send me a message and I'll send you a photo.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”