What new Breed who you like to see in Ginga?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Re: What new Breed who you like to see in Ginga?

Post by Troll Berserker »

More bully breeds, they're just so sute.
More teriers like Hyennoah's friends.
And honestly more mutts would be great. They are wild dogs after all, there's a wek chance they're gonna be purebreed. And you can get crazy with mutt designs!
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Troll Berserker wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:25 pm And honestly more mutts would be great. They are wild dogs after all, there's a wek chance they're gonna be purebreed. And you can get crazy with mutt designs!
Agreed, but Yoshi isn't very interested in drawing mixes. Look at Ken and George lol...
icon by azzai
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Atha wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:30 pm
Troll Berserker wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:25 pm And honestly more mutts would be great. They are wild dogs after all, there's a wek chance they're gonna be purebreed. And you can get crazy with mutt designs!
Agreed, but Yoshi isn't very interested in drawing mixes. Look at Ken and George lol...
Id say a lot of the more ambiguous breeds in the series are easily mutts! Also certain breeds have really... strong genetics, so even if they're mutts, they may look a LOT like one of the breeds. I see a lot of husky mixes irl that look almost like pure huskies. (Though Ken and George are kind of ridiculous examples lol, come on Yoshi) Also iirc Hiro has been claimed to be different breeds canonically (Pyrenees, Saint Bernard) and he very clearly isnt purely either of those just based off his appearance alone.

I think a lot of the Nihon Ken mixes in the series could easily be mutts. I dont know much about what stray dog populations look like in Japan but in Korea they certainly have a lot of native asian breed mixes running around the streets.
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I worry what certain breeds would look like in Yoshi's style XD like...sighthounds, why does Rocket look like that, but Cross doesn't? they're both sighthounds! regardless, it'd be nice to see some breeds like pointers, shepherds and terriers!
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Akame wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:39 am I worry what certain breeds would look like in Yoshi's style XD like...sighthounds, why does Rocket look like that, but Cross doesn't? they're both sighthounds! regardless, it'd be nice to see some breeds like pointers, shepherds and terriers!
To be fair, Rocket looked nice when he was first introduced. XD
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

I'd like to see an angry little Chihuahua. :EXCITE:
werewolf
Potential
Potential

Post by werewolf »

Red Irish Settler and a Pit Bull!
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

I'd love to see a Lancashire Heeler! A nice homage to my beautiful homeland of Lancashire!
I know they're pretty rare even in the UK, but I still think it would be neat to see!
Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In My Lane. Focused. Flourishing

Bear photo by Dennis Field
Av by OsoAventuroso
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I always wanted to see Yoshi draw a Chow Chow, but only in the early GDW style xD

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Sandatora wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:53 pm I always wanted to see Yoshi draw a Chow Chow, but only in the early GDW style xD
LMAO imagine Yoshi drawing a Chow Chow in his current style. Really round but everything looks skin tight, somehow.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I would love to see a Bernese Mountain dog!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Well we got a new breed in the Tibetan Mastiff in GDN. But I would to see at least one more breed that we haven’t seen in Ginga. Here are a few that I would like to see:

Chihuahua - I definitely would love to see one in Ginga. They’re really cute. I imagine that there would be one later in GDN. Maybe one that is from Mexico and speaks Spanish and Japanese. I only hope that it will happen in GDN.

Rottweiler - I’m sure there hasn’t been one yet. I would love to see one. I’m hoping one shows up in GDN.

Australian Shepherd - I don’t think there has been one, either. So how about seeing that one in GDN, also?
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd love to see a french bulldog!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Dragon wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:14 pm I wanna see what Yoshi would do with a rottweiler, Tibetan Mastiff (omg, move aside Hiro and Gennai), Alaskan Malamute (I don't believe Kisaragi and his family having it in their blood because of their skinnier build, lack of fluff, and blue eyes), Corgi, Malinois Shepherd (the potential this guy would have, I think Akame would get replaced easily), and Samoyed
MY DREAM CAME TRUE :P4:
And boy did he beat Gennai and Hiro by a long shot lol

ImageImage
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I'd like to see more terriers and Wolfdogs, I mean Yoshi himself owned a wolfdog, why hasn't he tried to bring one into the series? Or maybe even Border Collies, as they are meant to be very intelligent dogs.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Nageki

Post by Nageki »

I would love to see Kangal dogs. Strong and majestic it can be a fearsome enemy or loyal comrade.
It's my country's traditional breed and we also call them ''king of dogs'' or ''wolf killer''
I wonder how Yoshi would draw them
Murojaki

Post by Murojaki »

It would be nice to see a Rottweiler in the Ginga series. I think it's kinda weird there are none in the Ginga series even though it's a pretty common dog breed in the world.

A Karelian Bear Dog would also be very nice to see in the Ginga series.
:gin: :gdwgin: :mangariki: :benizakura: :moss: :john: :kurotora: :akame: :kurojaki: :bill: :retsuga: :noroi: :tesshin: :hougen: :yukimura: :rigel: :masashige:
John22

Post by John22 »

Alaskan Malamute, Tamaskan, Alaskan Husky and the Korean Jindo.
:gin: :john: :akame: :andy: :izou: :zion: :kisaragi: :orion: :hakuro: :victor:
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

Though it's already been said; Chow chow, Cane corso, Pomeranian, Malinois, Kangal, American Akita (though there are plenty of Akitas already, they're all JAI).
Gultair

Post by Gultair »

We need more terriers. Immediately.

When you compare the total amount of dogs confirmed to be in the whole terrier group (3 - Demon, Hurricane, Carl) to how many, say, Kishu there are (upwards of 50) it makes things seem a little disappointing.

The ones I'd like to see specifically are the working terriers. Patterdales would fit awesomely well into Ginga - they're small but super tough and total spitfires, almost like how Yoshi sees Kai ken. Jagdterriers, ADBA-style APBT, Plummer terrier, and JRT would be awesome to see for the same reason. I can see them as some formidable additions to any Ginga pack.
The only thing is that they're relatively small and from what I've seen he rarely will include dogs smaller than a Kai in his newer works :(

A Black Russian terrier would make an AWESOME villain. I'm shocked and a little sad the Russian dogs were all shepherds.

Lithuanian or Latvian hound would be cool. I doubt he'll ever give the Baltics any rep when he won't even give any to Finland, but I can dream. We do already have some hounds in Ginga that looks similar!

I'm also going to second everybody saying Kangal (Central Asian Shepherd or Caucasian Shepherd would be awesome too!) with what I've seen of how Yoshi draws Tibetan Mastiffs, I think they'd not only fit into Ginga but look awesome in his style.

...Basically, though, I want to see anything besides more spitz-types and German Shepherds :tfw_aokabuto2: I love both and I think shepherds look really cool in Yoshi's style, but we have so many characters with the same face and same body type at this point that it makes me love looking at even the ugly dogs like Rocket just because he doesn't look like an Akita or John number 100000000. I do want to see some Shikoku and Hokkaido, though :tfw_orion1:
Ilja . he/him
Completed: GNG anime, GDW anime
Currently: GDW manga

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”