If the Ginga series can be adapted into video games...

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Re: If the Ginga series can be adapted into video games...

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I did a whole redundant second thread for this but might as well contribute my ideas here.

Basically, I can totally imagine a JRPG-esque turn-based game, where you collect a party and fight/talk with several canine friends and foes in order to recruit them, in a non-linear journey through Japan, maybe you'd have a time limit and would have a constant pressure to bring back as many troops as possible for the final battle, diffculty of which would be determined by your success along the way.

Defeat would not be final, if you killed a powerful potential ally, you'd have to live with that and it would come back to haunt you in the final battle where you had less allies for a final showdown.

Visually, the game could be 2d mixed with a little 3d, character portraits could be straight recreations from the manga with little lost to bringing them over (no lip-sync or such required, allowing for easy localization into other languages).

I can just dream of it, a party consisting of someone like Akame, Gin, John, and Ben, fighting against powerful opponents, utilizing several techniques learned along the way. If only...

:orion3:

Now, I've got another topic I'd like to put forward since I'm here... How realistic would it be that this game even came to be? Is there an audience big enough to warrant a full licensed release of ginga? A fanbase exists already, that we all know, but how much expenditure would its current fandom warrant? I'm sure pretty much all of us here would buy it, but that guarantee maybe isn't universal.

I believe my idea of a JRPG-esque game would at least cut back some costs, 2d is infinitely easier to produce than full-fledged 3d (or so I've always imagined) and also less demanding on hardware (more people would be able to buy and play it). A compact though decently sized game sold digitally would probably have a good time of reaping back its investment, maybe even more. This is my view anyways, what do you think?
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I was reading GDW when I thought randomly about how Hiro's... Special attack, let's call it, could easily have an area and/or status effect on enemies, like making them loser their nerve and panic, becoming more susceptible to attacks. I'm sure a creative and experienced game developer could come up with tons of stuff like this if they ever got the chance.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Arctic Ranger wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:14 pm I was reading GDW when I thought randomly about how Hiro's... Special attack, let's call it, could easily have an area and/or status effect on enemies, like making them loser their nerve and panic, becoming more susceptible to attacks. I'm sure a creative and experienced game developer could come up with tons of stuff like this if they ever got the chance.
That’s what I think, too. And to be honest, it would be kind of frightening. :tfw_sirius1:

But at least it would be accurate for Hiro in regards to a character’s Special Attack.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”