Which bear is your favorite?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.

Which bear from the Ginga franchise is your favorite?

Akakabuto
31%
Madara
22%
Harpoon bear
25%
Monsoon
9%
Mosa
3%
Buna
No votes
Kesagake
No votes
Others
9%

Total votes: 32

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Which bear is your favorite?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

I mentioned those I remembered in this pole. If your favorite bear isn't on here, you can always press the "others" option, and tell me and everyone else your favorite bear in the reply section (this sounded way too much like an instruction or a guide. Sorry about that XD ).

If you wanna say anything about the events in the Ginga franchise, then please, make it a spoiler.
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Which bear is your favorite?

Post by YamaDora »

Design-wise my favorite one is the third hybrid bear. I love that fur color, very unique compared to all other bears in the series, which are mostly either 1) black 2) brown with a red mohawk because Akakabuto.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:50 pm Design-wise my favorite one is the third hybrid bear. I love that fur color, very unique compared to all other bears in the series, which are mostly either 1) black 2) brown with a red mohawk because Akakabuto.
Who is this hybrid bear? It's probably a bear from either GDWO or GTLW I haven't heard about yet XD
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 pm
YamaDora wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:50 pm Design-wise my favorite one is the third hybrid bear. I love that fur color, very unique compared to all other bears in the series, which are mostly either 1) black 2) brown with a red mohawk because Akakabuto.
Who is this hybrid bear? It's probably a bear from either GDWO or GTLW I haven't heard about yet XD
To not spoil too much for you: it's not from either of those series you mentioned.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Chibi!

ImageImage
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

This is hard, I never really thought about it. Like YamaDora said, the Hybrid bear has a refreshing design but I don't know how much I care about him otherwise, esp since I didn't care for the arc he is from all that much.

I think the best personality/story wise, Chibi and Monsoon. They are the most complex bears- at least by Yoshi's writing standards. Though, something about the Harpoon Bear also gets me. Like the idea of a bear walking around with harpoons lodged in its back is just..... yeah I kinda dig that lol.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:00 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:52 pm
To not spoil too much for you: it's not from either of those series you mentioned.
Well, that’s a surprise. The only guess left now is GDN, but I don’t know why I doubt that guess (please don’t tell me the real answer. For some reason, I just don’t wanna know it anymore).
Have a nice day!
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I gotta go with Akakabuto just because he's part of why I love GNG so much, a simple tale of good vs. evil without Yoshi trying to go overboard with some half-assed message about loving your enemies.

Chibi's a close second because he's a good and sweet boy. Too bad he's pretty much nowhere to be seen in GDN and he propably still thinks Sirius is the best thing since sliced bread :tfw_bella1:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Wolpard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:50 pm Though, something about the Harpoon Bear also gets me. Like the idea of a bear walking around with harpoons lodged in its back is just..... yeah I kinda dig that lol.
That's super true +_+

ImageImage
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

definitely CHIBI! HE'S SO ADORABLE!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
skinklegs
Friend
Friend

Post by skinklegs »

I voted for harpoon bear. I know Akakabuto's supposed to be the big bad, but I always thought harpoon bear was scarier. Something about how he's drawn, and his backstory's really cool too!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:50 pm. Though, something about the Harpoon Bear also gets me. Like the idea of a bear walking around with harpoons lodged in its back is just..... yeah I kinda dig that lol.
I found that beat very scary and mysterious. It’s sad that a bear with so much potential died so early:(
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

skinklegs wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:12 pm I voted for harpoon bear. I know Akakabuto's supposed to be the big bad, but I always thought harpoon bear was scarier. Something about how he's drawn, and his backstory's really cool too!
I still find Akakabuto scarier. But that harpoon bear was still super mysterious, scary, fascinating, and interesting. I kinda wish that the bear survived GNG just so that we can see more of him/her. I really found that bear interesting. It had a lot of potential.
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd say Akakaboto, Chibi and Harpoon bear!

Akakaboto was the first bear I saw and he was so scary when I was little >u< really cool one. And Harpoon bear is also scary with harpoon on its back. It gives really bad vibes xD but I like it!

Chibi is so adorable <3
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:03 am I'd say Akakaboto, Chibi and Harpoon bear!

Akakaboto was the first bear I saw and he was so scary when I was little >u< really cool one. And Harpoon bear is also scary with harpoon on its back. It gives really bad vibes xD but I like it!

Chibi is so adorable <3
When does this Chibi bear occur? I don't remember the bear:( (It might also be because I am not that far into the franchise and I shouldn't technically know about this bear yet because of that XD )
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:40 pmWhen does this Chibi bear occur? I don't remember the bear:( (It might also be because I am not that far into the franchise and I shouldn't technically know about this bear yet because of that XD )
He's from later in the series, so don't worry about it.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

YamaDora wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:55 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:40 pmWhen does this Chibi bear occur? I don't remember the bear:( (It might also be because I am not that far into the franchise and I shouldn't technically know about this bear yet because of that XD )
He's from later in the series, so don't worry about it.
Alright. I just thought I forgot someone. Thank you for clearing my mind about that one:)
Have a nice day!
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I haven't read past Hougen Arc yet, I'm trying not to read ahead, so I'm going to have to say that my favorite bear is the Harpoon Bear. Even compared to Akakabuto, I think he was the scariest, mainly because of the way his face was drawn differently than the others. This guy was an outsider, he entered the stronghold and was uncontrollable until he was killed. He also wasn't a bait-and-kill like the other bears, Ben knew that he would end up making an enemy of himself to the Futago Pass bears. He was a cool ghost story and made an impression as being particularly scary due to his murderous, self-serving nature and lack of regard for Akakabuto's strength and anger (killing a subordinate bear, bringing dogs to Akakabuto, yet asking to join the ranks). That made him stand out to me, even when I was younger.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I always loved Madara's design with all the scars. And he's also one of the strongest bears, so he's my favorite. Close second is Harpoon bear because his story is cool and gritty

Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Chibi and Monsoon. For being handled as actual characters.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”