Do you miss the humans in Ginga?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Re: Do you miss the humans in Ginga?

Post by Jinto »

I don't care about the humans in Ginga too much but whenever I see Daisuke and Hidetoshi I'm happy they are still there
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I really don't. Sure it's interesting to wonder how things would play out, and having seen so much of Daisuke, Gohei and Hidetoshi, they are known to me and as such feel like actual characters whom I do care about to some extent. However, I love the newer direction too much, the focus on the dogs.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

The only humans that I would miss are Daisuke and Hidetoshi because those two are the only relevant ones and because we are used to seeing them as caring and helpful. Except for Gohei, every other human that is shown in the entire franchise has hardly made impacts.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Tbh all the humans aside from Daisuke and fam plus Hidetoshi and Gohei are just boring to me, I found the military in GDN insufferably tedious except for the couple of times they encountered Orion’s team.

I feel bad for Sasuke’s humans tho. There was that whole heartwarming reunion that made it on the news in early GDW, but does Sasuke even visit them anymore after running off on them again in the Hougen arc? :jeromeder:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I think they were fine in gng, but after that I found every scene with humans boring / only there to keep characters from dying and that's it.

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Suetic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suetic »

I miss the good old relevancy seen in GNG era human characters and in my honest opinion, the arc was great and even interesting to follow. Now, the humans either are there to do nothing special, are gone for a very long while or being down right forgotten.

Spoilers from GDN:
What happened to the army's high command and Japan's political figures? They seemingly were on high alert due to alien threat but yet disappeared from the story as soon as the aliens have evaporated in the ocean. Were their memories wiped or something and so they returned back to their duty in the void?

How about Daisuke? What happened to him after he went after that sky portal? This is the last time I have seen of him.

InstagramToyhou.seTumblrTwitter

⚡Avatar by Pikafuey.⚡
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

i have no real opinion on them

i do like the humans, but i am reading the story for the dogs after all! though, one thing i like about ginga is that many of the dogs have a positive relationship with humans, unlike other series [such as warrior cats] where humans are massively disliked by everyone.
rigel enjoyer
ThisGuru

Post by ThisGuru »

While I think it's odd and a bit sad that the connection between the dogs and humans were almost entirely cut later on, I'm okay with it storywise, because most of the time they "to strong" which makes the conflicts more interesting.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

I miss a kid Daisuke from the GNG! In my opinion he was just better as that bit dumb child than now as adult :D Also Daisuke's father and his goofy moments, lol XD
Ginga forever! <3

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”