Ginga Alternate Universes

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Ginga Alternate Universes

Post by Gingastar »

A topic to discuss alternate universes to Yoshihiro Takahashi's series! This topic is not just limited to Ginga and can be an AU to any of Yoshihiro's stories!

An alternate universe is an idea that diverges from the canon of the actual story. For example: An alternate universe where Smith doesn't lose one of his legs.

My main Ginga alternate universe that I have come up with:
Mel/Mer kills Lenny and eventually becomes the leader of Blue's Pack.
--> This is an AU that I've been working on for some time. In this universe Mel becomes a more cold, ruthless dog and does not travel to Ohu with Weed. In this AU Hook is also unhappy.

Some other AU Ideas:
Gin kills Hougen right in front of Weed and the others, despite Weed telling him to stop.
Joe and Yukimura are not given away and remain with Sakura and Weed.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
zetina
Potential
Potential

Re: Ginga Alternate Universes

Post by zetina »

Gingastar wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:57 am Joe and Yukimura are not given away and remain with Sakura and Weed.
...It could be like a mix of GDW:O and the Kai Kens' origin. I'm not very informed on the series past mid-GDW but... It could be a fun AU to explore. Since Sakura was weakened just from having Weed to look after, I imagine she would be gone long before GB meets them. The three pups would hunt together and nab everything GB ever caught <'D Maybe when I properly get to read GDW, I'll actually explore the AU a bit...
i draw dogs sometimes .
:derpgin: dA | tumblr | tapas :derpgin:
Friidu

Post by Friidu »

Just re-posting my AUs from old board.

GDW AU where Reika successes to drown Hougen (and dies herself). Because of this;

-George doesn't get over his fear of water and has self-esteem issues because he has see two beings that he cared drown (Minnie and Reika) and he couldn't do anything
-Hiro has no pups nor mate
-Hougen's army mostly dissolves and most loyal stay under leadership of Hougen's generals
- After Reika's sacrifice, dogs of Japan start treat females much more better (both female and male pups are getting hunting ang fighting lessons) and generation after generation young pups are told about Reika's sacrifice and how she was a true soldier

Twisted GDWO/G:TLW AU

-Monsoon's backstory is same. However in this AU, he doesn't hate every dog, only dogs of Ohu. He leave others alone as long they don't try attack him
- One day he or one of his half siblings/subjects found one puppy who has been abused both by his mother's owners, mother and older siblings. Monsoon feels pity for puppy and takes him. Puppy who later is known as Bob, becomes very loyal for Monsoon and his bears as without them, he wouldn't be alive
-Monsoon gets idea of taking orphaned puppies and building an army where bears and dogs fight together
- Kamakiri's sons also get take in by Monsoon
- Kamakiri's sons decide to travel around Japan to get more orphan puppies
- Sirius ends up in to their pack as canon
- Kamakiri pack returns to Monsoon's territory and as soon as Monsoon sees Sirius, realizes that Sirius is Gin's grandson
-Monsoon asks Kamakiris if he can take Sirius as his apperentice. Kamakiri's sons answers yes and Sirius is left with Monsoon
-Sirius meets Bob (who is leader of Monsoon's dogs) and another Monsoon's apperentice who is his older cousin Koshiro. What's more better revenge and shocking for Gin then idea of two of his grandsons are fighting as same side with bears, right?
-Sirius at first isn't found of being working for son of the monster bear that his grandpa killed all this time. Monsoon unfortunally has to use more effective ways then with Koshiro (who already disliked his father Joe and doesn't know that Joe drowned. Monsoon drilled Koshiro's head idea that Joe nor his grandfather and uncle didn't care for him) and starts Sirius' brainwashing
-At last, Sirius gives in to Monsoon and Bob's teachings (bears are good, Ohu dogs are evil tyrants who exiled bears way from the territory that rightfully belongs to them) and becomes a good little soldier who does what his leader Monsoon commands him to do
-Bella is found by Lydia
-At this time, Lydia has become sick of Ohu dogs' attitude of treating females like a crap. She has found her own pack with mostly female members and started to teach them how to fight (she also teach Hiro's unique fighting ways just in case there's a really chauvinist male)
-Bella learns to fight and survival skills. She becomes really confident as well so she starts to thinking as becoming the first female Suprime Commander of Ohu (she also starts going by her real name Bellatrix as she's really becoming a warrior)
-Lydia becomes more ruthless. She is making sure that Bellatrix will end upon as leader of Ohu, no matter what it takes or price it costs. She is even ready to kill Orion, Rigel and Sirius to get them out of the way.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Friidu wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:20 pm GDW AU where Reika successes to drown Hougen (and dies herself). Because of this;
Not sure if I said this in the last board or not, but I freakin' love this idea! I so badly wish it was real.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I've come up with so many AUs I can't remember most of them but here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

GDW:
-Hougen, Genba, and the other dogs locked in the shack are rescued by Gin before they all go completely insane.
-Sakura gives birth to Weed and his brothers in Ohu.
-Weed and GB don't go to Ohu, and instead remain where Weed was born. Weed eventually defeats Nero and creates his own pack of pacifist dogs.
-Blue survives and seeks atonement by joining Weed and GB on their journey to Ohu.
-Gin is actually killed by Sniper and Weed starts growing more violent because of it.
-Hougen tears off Weed's ears during their battle.
-Yukimura lives and becomes Weed's advisor/co-leader.

TLW:
-The conflict between Orion and Sirius eventually escalates into a civil war that destroys the entire Ohu army, leaving Bella the only surviving sibling and forever branded as being the sister of those who brought down the paradise of Ohu.

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Digsu wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 4:59 pm TLW:
-The conflict between Orion and Sirius eventually escalates into a civil war that destroys the entire Ohu army, leaving Bella the only surviving sibling and forever branded as being the sister of those who brought down the paradise of Ohu.
Yes, please, make it happen <3
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Friidu

Post by Friidu »

Sirius and Bella switches places/roles AU

-So in here Bella gets tired about being called weak female by her brothers and so she's the one who goes out looking out for Sasuke
-Sirius tries to follow her and gets lost in the blizzard. Sirius passes out in the blizzard and it takes awile before Akame's grandchildren find him
-They notice that one of Sirius' front legs (and one of his hind leg but front one is worse) look terrible. Sirius just says it's fine
-By the time Sirius and Orion reunite, Sirius' leg gets worse. Orion and everyone notice that Sirius' leg is starting turn black
-Muu, Rara and Shirozaru have to take Sirius to the humans by force. Journey wasn't easy but they got to their owner's homes
-Sirius finally gets go to vet. However his front leg is almost completely black because the gangrene so vet have to amputate it
-Sirius' hind leg is also in awful shape (he walks in limp in rest of his life) so Sirius has to remaining as house/pet dog because he can't be used as hunting dog.
-As years go by, Sirius becomes a bitter dog stuck in the kennel (one family would't take him because they're scarred that he will attack their kids). He absolutely hates Bella because she's the reason why he lost everything
-Bella is found by Kamakiri's sons. Akakamakiri treats her like dirt because she's weak and treacherous female
-Bella grows stronger and wiser. The Kamakiris start to sorta love her as their daughter figure. She also start going by her real name, Bellatrix
-When Bella and Orion meets again, Orion really doesn't take his little weak sister as seriously. He immediately gets his ass kicked by Bella
Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove »

Friidu wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:47 pm When Bella and Orion meets again, Orion really doesn't take his little weak sister as seriously. He immediately gets his ass kicked by Bella
YES! Yoshi please, let's make Badass Bella a thing.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Friidu wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:47 pmShe also start going by her real name, Bellatrix
As far as I'm aware, her actual name is Bella and it's not a nickname or short for Bellatrix. She's never referred as Bellatrix in the manga (or at least in any volumes I've read so far).
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Doragon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 pm
Friidu wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:47 pmShe also start going by her real name, Bellatrix
As far as I'm aware, her actual name is Bella and it's not a nickname or short for Bellatrix. She's never referred as Bellatrix in the manga (or at least in any volumes I've read so far).
As well as Mer/Mel never was adressed as Mercedes until Meru no Tabidachi in Weed Gaiden.
When Daisuke named Bella, it was Bellatrix and use Bella for short. So real name Bellatrix, but always used by her nickname like Mer/Mel
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Tora wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:09 pm
As well as Mer/Mel never was adressed as Mercedes until Meru no Tabidachi in Weed Gaiden.
When Daisuke named Bella, it was Bellatrix and use Bella for short. So real name Bellatrix, but always used by her nickname like Mer/Mel
At least in the Finnish translation, when Daisuke introduces the puppies to Hidetoshi he says "I named her Bella after Bellatrix". Also, in the maps showing where all characters are in Japan, characters are always adressed by they full name (like Kurokamakiri). Bella is always just Bella in them. There's literally nothing saying her name is Bellatrix.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Doragon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:31 pm
At least in the Finnish translation, when Daisuke introduces the puppies to Hidetoshi he says "I named her Bella after Bellatrix". Also, in the maps showing where all characters are in Japan, characters are always adressed by they full name (like Kurokamakiri). Bella is always just Bella in them. There's literally nothing saying her name is Bellatrix.
Well, Kurokamakiri isn't adressed with full named wither, it's mostly Kurokama like 90% of the time. Akakamakiri is eith adressed as Akakama or Kamakiri

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Tora wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Well, Kurokamakiri isn't adressed with full named wither, it's mostly Kurokama like 90% of the time. Akakamakiri is eith adressed as Akakama or Kamakiri
I just said that in the map portions in the beginning of every manga all characters are adressed by their full names (Akama and Kurokama are always adressed as Akakamakiri and Kurokamakiri in them), and Bella is always referred as Bella in them. As I said, nothing indicates that Bellatrix is her name, it's just Bella.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Doragon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm
I just said that in the map portions in the beginning of every manga all characters are adressed by their full names (Akama and Kurokama are always adressed as Akakamakiri and Kurokamakiri in them), and Bella is always referred as Bella in them. As I said, nothing indicates that Bellatrix is her name, it's just Bella.
Ah, I missed the maps part in the first. ^^;
Same goes with Mel/Mer too. It was never Mercedes untill Weed Gaiden. And stand with that Bella is short for Bellatrix like Daisuke says in the first volume.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Tora wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 pmAnd stand with that Bella is short for Bellatrix like Daisuke says in the first volume.
Daisuke says this in the Finnish translation:
"The Orion constellation has a star called Bellatrix, which mean warrior woman. I named her Bella after it."
So Daisuke literally says he named her Bella, unless the Finnish translation changed the meaning of what Daisuke says which I highly doubt, because the Finnish translation is translated by (in my opinion) the best manga translator in Finland who does really good work on his translations.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Doragon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:12 pmAnd stand with that Bella is short for Bellatrix like Daisuke says in the first volume.
"The Orion constellation has a star called Bellatrix, which mean warrior woman. I named her Bella after it."
So Daisuke literally says he named her Bella, unless the Finnish translation changed the meaning of what Daisuke says which I highly doubt, because the Finnish translation is translated by (in my opinion) the best manga translator in Finland who does really good work on his translations.
It's not that I doubt Finnish translation, it's amazing! But I also know that translators need to make it fit their own language and into the bubble (as it's a manga/comic) itself. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Tora wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 pm
It's not that I doubt Finnish translation, it's amazing! But I also know that translators need to make it fit their own language and into the bubble (as it's a manga/comic) itself. ^^
In this particular case there was a lot empty space left in the speech bubble, so I highly doubt they would have shortened anything.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Doragon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:50 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 pm
In this particular case there was a lot empty space left in the speech bubble, so I highly doubt they would have shortened anything.
I sadly don't have Finnish Orion yet. Only up to GDW vol 35 (I'm way behind lol). Even if I don't understand Finnish I still collect.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

An alt universe where Jerome does die while also killing Kaibutsu, so Weed has to go on without his professional assassin by his side from the start.

ImageImage
AlphaSpice

Post by AlphaSpice »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:11 pm An alt universe where Jerome does die while also killing Kaibutsu, so Weed has to go on without his professional assassin by his side from the start.
Ooo!! Interesting idea!

Would this also mean the borzoi brothers would succeed in capturing Weed later on, perhaps leading to an early confrontation with Hougen if he doesn't escape by his own merits before then?

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”