Save One Character

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Save One Character

Post by SoullessDog »

So, we all know that in Ginga, there's a lack of character development and a lot of character degradation. From Weed, to Kyoushiro becoming Jyoushiro, the older characters like Gin not doing anything at all(at least from what I've heard).

Let's not even talk about the misogyny. I mean, Lydia going from a soldier to staying at home. Koyuki and Bellatrix not being seen again. And that's just three examples.

I wanted to ask everyone, if you could save one of these characters from what happens to them in canon - for example, prevent Kyoushiro from becoming Jyoushiro - whcih one of them would you save?

As the title states, you're only allowed to save one character. Figured it'd be more interesting, and would show who our favorites really are if we couldonly choose one. Or perhaps just who we're sorriest for.

It's a tough choice for me, and I wanted to go with Weed. Instead, I would save Sirius.

Sirius, in many ways, is worse than Weed was in canon. And we all know what I'm talking about. If I save Sirius, I'm also saving Orion from losing his brother and I'm saving TLW itself by preventing the problems caused by Sirius in canon. This in turns allows the war against Monsoon to end quicker and with less bloodshed.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Re: Save One Character

Post by Jinto »

I'd save Sirius too. Yeah Orion might be still his annoying self and I probably wouldn't like him but I think it would be worth it.
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

Riki so he can prevent Gin and Weed from being bad fathers
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Nerdykestrel74 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:45 pm Riki so he can prevent Gin and Weed from being bad fathers
I like to think Riki just had to die or otherwise he'd be too overpowered in the remainder of the story.

Speaking of overpowered... Where's Oliver? He'd kick the bears up and down the street all day.

Nah, but for real I think I'd pick Chutora. I want to see him again, damn it! At least give a decent explanation for his demise.

Also I love many of the dead characters, Riki, John... But I find most if not all their deaths to be so beautiful and fitting that it would simply take away too much in my opinion to resurrect them or cut those scenes out. I'll have to think about this for real, it has me stumped... Other than Chutora of course, for obvious reasons.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

GDW Onward!Gin so he actually has his spirit from GNG and doesn't allow idiots like Weed and Sirius to stain the family name. I'm tired of him standing around and being useless and only stepping in for minor shit.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

If I could save a character, here are some that I would save one of (because I can only save one, right?):

1) Riki - That way he would spend more special time with his son and wife and teach Gin about life more.

2) Yukimura - I know he was a psycho madman at the beginning until he finally realized his wrong ways and made a change within himself. But if either he or Joe could have been alive, I would choose Yukimura, in my opinion.

3) Aram - I know he was supposedly ruthless when first introduced. But after seeing his true feelings and regrets, I do feel sad for him while also glad that he took out Viktor. But if possible, I would have liked to see him live to make positive adjustments in his life and better himself after killing Viktor, despite saying that he himself didn't deserve to live on.

4) GB - Such an obvious one. It is so GB would live on and witness the births of Weed & Koyuki's kids and Jerome & Lydia's kids and most likely get a chance to babysit and care for them. Also he would continue being the lovable comedy dog alongside Sasuke. Ginga is just not the same without him.

5) Lydia and the three kids killed by Monsoon's army - Another obvious one. Lydia did not deserve to die that quickly, and Jerome's happiness with her and their children should not have been destroyed like that.

6) Izou's wife and kids - Because it was way too much. At least one or two of the kids should have lived.

7) Chousuke - Because he did not deserve to die so horribly like that.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”