What do you think characters would sound like?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

What do you think characters would sound like?

Post by OreozFox »

Ok, we've had two anime, so we know the answer to that question for some characters. But! What voices do you imagine for characters who haven't appeared in anime, or for a dub? Do you have particular VAs in mind?

Edit: These could be seiyuu/Japanese VAs too!
Last edited by OreozFox on Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What do you think characters would sound like?

Post by Spirit Tree »

Similar to Imaginary Ginga Voice cast.

But for characters who haven't appeared in an anime, I'll include the ones that I listed in the imaginary voice cast topic for now.

Adult Weed - Matt Damon (Weed was only a little kid in the anime. So this should count.)

Koyuki - Reese Witherspoon

Lydia - Nicole Kidman

Adult Orion - Tim Phillipps (GTLW version) - Ryan Reynolds or Joseph Gordon-Levitt (GDN version)

Adult Bon - Jonah Hill
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
reenarules
Friend
Friend

Post by reenarules »

It's less of which VA would sound best to me and more of which specific character's voice a VA does sounds best, so I'm gonna list which specific character's voice would fit best!

Please kindly ignore the fact that alot of these are FMA-related (and that I couldn't find a better way to group these clips together... or better clips ==;), but these are what voices come to mind whenever these guys are speaking ouo:

:orion: Orion: Edward Elric :sirius: Sirius:
Alphonse Elric (young) Oscar Pine (adult) :lydia: Lydia: Riza Hawkeye Those are ones I can think of from the top of my head! ^^
ImageImageImage
Kirara chibis made by Dragon!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Started thinking about this, cause I remembered seeing one of the posts. I cannot really imagine them having an English-speaker as a VA. I think it's cause I'm used to hearing some of the characters in the anime having Japanese VAs. Don't know if it's the VAs themselves or simply the accent. I think another reason is that I'm not sure what voice best fits their personality and looks, if that makes sense?

I could say the Russian dogs should have Russian accents simply because. And the same would go for the Japanese dogs having Japanese accents.

For characters like the Star Sibs, I cannot picture any of them having deeper or older voices, especially cause they're mostly younger than everyone else.

I just can't really think of any specific voices that really suit a lot of these characters, even characters who have been voiced before, like Jerome, Akame, Weed, Reika, etc. But maybe I just need to get to know them better.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”