What type of Ginga Villain would you like?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

What type of Ginga Villain would you like?

Post by SoullessDog »

I don't think this kind of question has been asked before. And I'm curious. There are a few different types of villains in Ginga. Akakabuto was more or less a beast and not so much a person, at least probably not in the eyes of the dogs and humans. Hougen, from what I understand, is really twisted and possibly vengeful if he really did intend to go after humans.

What do you all think would make the best, or at least an interesting, Ginga villain? Something like a Ginga villain actually seen in canon, or maybe something different?

I've thought of two types of villains I'd like to see. The one I'm leading towards is a character who would be a moral nihilist, though I'm not 100% sure if that term would be correct in this case. This character would see morals and similar concepts like justice as unnatural, especially for wild dogs. They would do whatever it takes to achieve their goals, whether it's killing everyone in their way or something worse. Because of their beliefs, they wouldn't even bother trying to justify their actions. Depending on who they encounter, they could muster up a lot of support from other dogs, even if those dogs don't necessarily have the same beliefs. I mean, we've seen dogs in Ginga who follow these villains either out of fear or for their own self-interest.

Haven't thought all of it out yet, but I think it would be interesting. Ginga is focused mostly on dogs in the wild, after all. Even if they are very anthropomorphized.

What do you think, tho? What kind of villain would you prefer?

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What type of Ginga Villain would you like?

Post by Spirit Tree »

1) I would have loved to see a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog as a villain. In fact, I got one as the main villain in my GDN AU. Screw alien worms infesting dogs for their master.

2) A tiger wouldn't be so bad. One escaping to Japan and wreaking havoc would have made things more interesting.

3) Even more exciting would be a gorilla that wields various types of weapons and has a wife. Together, they form an evil gorilla army that the Ou soldiers must defeat and fight for peace.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:25 pm 1) I would have loved to see a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog as a villain. In fact, I got one as the main villain in my GDN AU. Screw alien worms infesting dogs for their master.

2) A tiger wouldn't be so bad. One escaping to Japan and wreaking havoc would have made things more interesting.

3) Even more exciting would be a gorilla that wields various types of weapons and has a wife. Together, they form an evil gorilla army that the Ou soldiers must defeat and fight for peace.
Well, I kinda meant character rather than species. But this is still something. There are a lot of dog breeds that haven't been seen in Ginga, much less as villains.

Tigers and gorillas would definitely work as unique villains since they'd be pretty exotic to Japan, as far as I know.

Although, I'm not sure how much havoc one tiger could wreak. Especially compared to larger beasts such as Kaibutsu. How much of a threat would one pose?

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

If Ginga continues after GDN I'd like to see them do wolfs again
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

I honestly just miss the menacing villains we got in GDW, especially those like Hougen and Genba. I know only so much can be done with a series like Ginga, but I really miss when things were simpler. It's hard to keep up with the series now because so much has happened, and the stuff that has happened has been so unbelievably over-the-top that I can't believe this is canon to the rest of the series. Please, I would love to see the old-school type villains again...
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

A female warlord who is just as brutal and nasty as all the other male warlord villains. We need more scary women. Ideally she'd give the Ohu army and the bearhound family a serious run for their money and be a real threat. Maybe she'd even be distantly related to them. Maybe even a villainous tora-ge.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

TenderVulture wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:38 pm A female warlord who is just as brutal and nasty as all the other male warlord villains. We need more scary women. Ideally she'd give the Ohu army and the bearhound family a serious run for their money and be a real threat. Maybe she'd even be distantly related to them. Maybe even a villainous tora-ge.
Late reply, but I thought I'd say that actually kinda reminds me of an OC of mine.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

SoullessDog wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 pm
TenderVulture wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:38 pm A female warlord who is just as brutal and nasty as all the other male warlord villains. We need more scary women. Ideally she'd give the Ohu army and the bearhound family a serious run for their money and be a real threat. Maybe she'd even be distantly related to them. Maybe even a villainous tora-ge.
Late reply, but I thought I'd say that actually kinda reminds me of an OC of mine.
OOH! May I see her!
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

TenderVulture wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:41 pm
SoullessDog wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:31 pm
OOH! May I see her!
Well, I'll probably post an art piece I did of her later today, same piece I used for a banner I posted recently for the female characters theme. Other than the banner, she's only been mentioned in a story of mine that's on hiatus for now. I can tell you she can be brutal and intimidating, with a whole lot of scars.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Also a villain who is a threat and who has some actual reason to be fighting against Ohu soldiers

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”