Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Kaiken »

I remember that it was stated somewhere that Jerome was supposed to make a comeback in the third (Orion?) series that were sadly never produced.

P.S.
on an unrelated note, after all these dog or bear major enemies, how about next threat on Ohu paradise is a lion or tiger usurper?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Pink Dragon and Red Bull are a gay couple
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 am Pink Dragon and Red Bull are a gay couple
Gay? Isn't Pink Dragon a female? :pinkdragon:
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:20 pm
Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 am Pink Dragon and Red Bull are a gay couple
Gay? Isn't Pink Dragon a female? :pinkdragon:
Nope. Pink Dragon was a male. Like the rest of the wolves.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

some Ginga trauma and disorder headcanons I’ve been having for some time:

-Kyoushirou: Severe survivor’s guilt due to his mother’s and brothers’ deaths, made worse by Toube’s death. Traumatic brain injury from abuse and getting his head crushed by Hougen's troops.
-Orion: BPD, was made even worse by being exiled by his father.
-Sirius: Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD). It stems from his time when he thought his parents died and was living with Akamakiri.
-Weed: Aside from Oedipus Complex, his childhood and early fatherhood made him unable to know how to be a parent. Chronic pain from spinal injury by Hougen.
-Akame: PTSD from the past wars. Fear of fire after seeing the Kogas die. He can barely see but can move fine due to his ninja training.
icon by azzai
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Atha wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 pm -Kyoushirou: Severe survivor’s guilt due to his mother’s and brothers’ deaths, made worse by Toube’s death. Traumatic brain injury from abuse and getting his head crushed by Hougen's troops.
100% agree, especially the head injury caused by Hougen's troops, and that's why he acts so weird afterwards (peeing on enemies shortly after this, and becoming the comic relief from here on out.)
Hougen could possibly have hoped for this because of what happened to Genba, but a small part of Kyoshiro held on and that's why he's not as far gone as Genba was. I wonder if the real Kyoshiro deep down is cringing at this broken him.

ImageImage
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Dragon wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:09 am 100% agree, especially the head injury caused by Hougen's troops, and that's why he acts so weird afterwards (peeing on enemies shortly after this, and becoming the comic relief from here on out.)
Hougen could possibly have hoped for this because of what happened to Genba, but a small part of Kyoshiro held on and that's why he's not as far gone as Genba was. I wonder if the real Kyoshiro deep down is cringing at this broken him.
Oooh good point about Hougen's intentions being revenge for Genba!
I know the peeing is a very comical attack but to be fair Kyou was being held down on his back, his limps spread and literally couldn't move, so that 'attack' was a last 'screw you' to Kamakiri's troops who were trying to humiliate him and make him beg (he does resort to trickery when he pretends to dig his enemies' grave, probably because he's had to survive in the wild alone while still being months old).
icon by azzai
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Atha wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 pm some Ginga trauma and disorder headcanons I’ve been having for some time:

-Kyoushirou: Severe survivor’s guilt due to his mother’s and brothers’ deaths, made worse by Toube’s death. Traumatic brain injury from abuse and getting his head crushed by Hougen's troops.
-Orion: BPD, was made even worse by being exiled by his father.
-Sirius: Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD). It stems from his time when he thought his parents died and was living with Akamakiri.
-Weed: Aside from Oedipus Complex, his childhood and early fatherhood made him unable to know how to be a parent. Chronic pain from spinal injury by Hougen.
-Akame: PTSD from the past wars. Fear of fire after seeing the Kogas die. He can barely see but can move fine due to his ninja training.
I guess I'll throw my own into the pile.

-Sasuke either has some sort of disorder (possibly on the autism spectrum) that causes him to be socially inept, or he's an example of what happens when a pet in the Gingaverse isn't socialized well enough as a pup.
-After Sirius almost got buried alive during the destruction of Ohu, the brief lack of oxygen caused minor but permanent brain damage, resulting in his extreme naivete.
-After seeing his first sons brutally killed, Kisaragi became obsessed with male heirs. Any daughters he had either left the pack due to his (inadvertent) neglect or became regular rank-and-file soldiers, while he cultivated significantly closer bonds with his sons.
-Akakama has a serious emotional dependency issue regarding Sirius.

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Dragon wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:09 am
Atha wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 pm -Kyoushirou: Severe survivor’s guilt due to his mother’s and brothers’ deaths, made worse by Toube’s death. Traumatic brain injury from abuse and getting his head crushed by Hougen's troops.
100% agree, especially the head injury caused by Hougen's troops, and that's why he acts so weird afterwards (peeing on enemies shortly after this, and becoming the comic relief from here on out.)

Digsu wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm
Atha wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 pm -Akame: He can barely see but can move fine due to his ninja training.
-Sasuke either has some sort of disorder (possibly on the autism spectrum) that causes him to be socially inept, or he's an example of what happens when a pet in the Gingaverse isn't socialized well enough as a pup.
-After Sirius almost got buried alive during the destruction of Ohu, the brief lack of oxygen caused minor but permanent brain damage, resulting in his extreme naivete.
-Akakama has a serious emotional dependency issue regarding Sirius.
I fully support these.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

A big, silly stretch, but I can't help but notice it looking back to GNG...
Sniper has been traumatized by his humiliation against Gin and holds a disgust for trees.

Sniper's humiliation

Sniper's revenge on that dammm tree holding him hostage, showing it who's boss

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Nice one Dragon!! ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

The ''comic relief'' dogs are all castrated and that's why they all act so weird.
Favorites:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:43 pm The ''comic relief'' dogs are all castrated and that's why they all act so weird.
This is kinda funny since at least some of the comic relief characters (Sasuke, GB and Smith from GNG) are shown to have their balls intact.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Theory time!

The two hunter guys (not bikers, but the ones later, where Kaibutsu is shown holding a guy in his mouth, with the ''blood splashing over arm holding rifle'' scene)Kaibutsu killed in GDW animated (ep 3) was Hidetoshi and Daisuke. Hidetoshi had that sniper-type rifle in GNG and facial hair similar, also Daisuke were usually wearing bright colors such as blue and yellow, while Hidetoshi was always shown wearing hunter's outfit with dull colors. This would also explain why the two never appears in animated series, while they constantly do in the comic. Also, the very reason dogs swore to protect those humans by isolating Kaibutsu could possibly be because they were Gin and John's owners.

Cross named George and Minnie, giving them more pet-like names, and also maybe after her first litter pups, as memorial, while Ben named Ken, giving him more masculine, soldier-ish name that suits Ben's personality more.
Favorites:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:22 pmCross named George and Minnie, giving them more pet-like names, and also maybe after her first litter pups, as memorial, while Ben named Ken, giving him more masculine, soldier-ish name that suits Ben's personality more.
Ken and George has a weird theme in their names that's lost in translation: while they both essentially have western names, their names are written in kanji. For the record, usually foreign names are written in katakana in Japanese, not kanji.

Because of this theme, it's very safe to assume either Cross or Ben came up with both names, or they decided it together.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Doragon wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:22 pmCross named George and Minnie, giving them more pet-like names, and also maybe after her first litter pups, as memorial, while Ben named Ken, giving him more masculine, soldier-ish name that suits Ben's personality more.
Ken and George has a weird theme in their names that's lost in translation: while they both essentially have western names, their names are written in kanji. For the record, usually foreign names are written in katakana in Japanese, not kanji.

Because of this theme, it's very safe to assume either Cross or Ben came up with both names, or they decided it together.
Oh. Didn't know that. I remember reading somewhere that ''ken'' means ''sword'' in Japanese.
Favorites:
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Oh. Didn't know that. I remember reading somewhere that ''ken'' means ''sword'' in Japanese.
Yes, Ken means sword but it's also a western name. George's case is more interesting because his name is pronounced like George, but the kanjis in his name can be romanized as Jōji (the Finnish translation went with this romanization too).
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Doragon wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Yes, Ken means sword but it's also a western name. George's case is more interesting because his name is pronounced like George, but the kanjis in his name can be romanized as Jōji (the Finnish translation went with this romanization too).
Does Jouji mean anything in Japanese?
Favorites:
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:08 pm
From running it through Google translate real quick:

one meaning it gave me for Jōji (常時) is 'always', and another (女児) is... 'girl'. :derpgin:
For the first one I typed 'jouji' and it gave me the kanji translating to 'always', and the second I typed 'joji' and it gave me the other kanji.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:21 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:08 pm
From running it through Google translate real quick:

one meaning it gave me for Jōji (常時) is 'always', and another (女児) is... 'girl'. :derpgin:
For the first one I typed 'jouji' and it gave me the kanji translating to 'always', and the second I typed 'joji' and it gave me the other kanji.
George's name is written with the kanji 譲二. 譲 has meanings like "transfer" and "hand down to", while 二 simply means "two" (as in, "second child").

However, for what it's worth 譲二 appears to be a fairly common combination of kanji to write the name Jouji with, so aside from it signifying him being the second oldest it probably isn't meant to have a deeper meaning regarding his character.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”