Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by TenderVulture »

Digsu wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:14 pm Spirits of dead dogs are instinctively drawn to Futago Pass
This is why, during the final battle against Hougen, the ghosts seen include dogs who weren't in Ohu at the time of their deaths (Bill, Bemu, Terry) or weren't even affiliated with the Ohu army in life (Jet and Missile). This is also why the Paradise just can't seem to catch a break after GNG - something's angered all the spirits (the top dogs taking an extended vacation, Kaibutsu almost destroying the Paradise, the humans blowing up Gajou, etc, take your pick) and the place is a little bit cursed now, leading to things like the Supreme Commander getting separated from his pups, the whole place getting blown up in GDWO, Monsoon's revenge, and so on.
If Futago Pass is haunted...does that mean the ghosts of the bears are there too? In the decade after the death of Akakabuto, did young soldiers guarding Gajou catch glimpses of a hateful yellow eye? Did dogs just disappear, only to be found later with their heads swatted off, despite the fact that bears have avoided Futago Pass for years? Does Gin feel a chill go down his spine and hot breath on his neck whenever he's alone in the halls of Gajou?
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

TenderVulture wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 pm
Digsu wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:14 pm Spirits of dead dogs are instinctively drawn to Futago Pass
This is why, during the final battle against Hougen, the ghosts seen include dogs who weren't in Ohu at the time of their deaths (Bill, Bemu, Terry) or weren't even affiliated with the Ohu army in life (Jet and Missile). This is also why the Paradise just can't seem to catch a break after GNG - something's angered all the spirits (the top dogs taking an extended vacation, Kaibutsu almost destroying the Paradise, the humans blowing up Gajou, etc, take your pick) and the place is a little bit cursed now, leading to things like the Supreme Commander getting separated from his pups, the whole place getting blown up in GDWO, Monsoon's revenge, and so on.
If Futago Pass is haunted...does that mean the ghosts of the bears are there too? In the decade after the death of Akakabuto, did young soldiers guarding Gajou catch glimpses of a hateful yellow eye? Did dogs just disappear, only to be found later with their heads swatted off, despite the fact that bears have avoided Futago Pass for years? Does Gin feel a chill go down his spine and hot breath on his neck whenever he's alone in the halls of Gajou?
I really like that thought a lot!

ImageImage
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Headcanon that from September till Spring, none of the humans nor dogs in the area around Futago Pass can get any sleep because the ghosts are up and about and constantly reenacting the battles that killed them all season long.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

TenderVulture wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 pm Headcanon that from September till Spring, none of the humans nor dogs in the area around Futago Pass can get any sleep because the ghosts are up and about and constantly reenacting the battles that killed them all season long.
Hahah, lol xD When I imagine it it seems so funny xD An interesting headcannon and neat idea nonetheless!
You mean they literally stay up all the fall-winter season? Like anti-hibernation? When bears hibernate (long sleep) they instead get the polar opposite, meaning NO sleep at all?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Kaiken wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:15 pm
TenderVulture wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:55 pm Headcanon that from September till Spring, none of the humans nor dogs in the area around Futago Pass can get any sleep because the ghosts are up and about and constantly reenacting the battles that killed them all season long.
Hahah, lol xD When I imagine it it seems so funny xD An interesting headcannon and neat idea nonetheless!
You mean they literally stay up all the fall-winter season? Like anti-hibernation? When bears hibernate (long sleep) they instead get the polar opposite, meaning NO sleep at all?
Not the entire season, just on the anniversary of their deaths and maybe especially spooky nights. However, because A Lot of battles/deaths/important events take place during winter/fall in Ginga, it might as well be the whole season. That's a lot of ghosts.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

The first 3 years after GNG were a bad time to be a bear in the Ohu mountain range. Bolstered by their victory against Akakabuto, the dogs of Ohu would go on massive bear hunts as a pack, driving out or killing any bears they came across. It was especially bad during hibernation season, as sometimes they would dig bears out of their hibernal dens and kill them as they slept. Killing a bear was considered a rite of passage for young soldiers, and many young dogs were raised to eat bear meat from weaning, as Gin had been.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Some more:
  • Joe felt a special bond with Orion because he looked like Yukimura did when he was young. :yukimura:
  • The First Wars takes place in an alternate universe where all four star sibs grow up to rule Ohu together as a team and there was never a with Masamune or Monsoon. :orion: :sirius: :bella: :rigel:
  • Mel is transgender. :mel:
  • Maxim and Aram are ex-boyfriends who still had feelings for each other. :maxim: :aram:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Something I thought when watching the flashbacks of poor Kaibutsu:

He reminds me of how Masamune Kurohabaki looks. What if Masamune's and Yamabiko's mother is related to Kaibutsu?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Shining Sirius wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:48 am
  • Joe felt a special bond with Orion because he looked like Yukimura did when he was young. :yukimura:
That's such a cute thought :tfw_orion1: I can't help but think it's real!

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tenka hypnotizing Akakama played a vital role in his redemption
Tenka's hypnosis left Akakama in a mentally vulnerable state, allowing Sirius's and Unsai's words and actions to sink in at a drastically increased pace. While Sirius did most of the work, if it weren't for Tenka briefly brainwashing Akakama, it either would have taken him far longer to have a change of heart or he could have possibly never had it at all.

Masamune failing Terumune's "trial" had nothing to do with him being deemed unfit to be his successor
Masamune was over six years old by the time Yamabiko was born. If Terumune had judged him as unworthy the moment he failed his test, why wait over half a decade to make a new successor? My headcanon is that Terumune simply realized he'd been far too harsh on Masamune and tried his best to raise him with kindness afterwards, to no avail. By the time Masamune was well into adulthood and he himself was starting to age, Terumune finally realized that there was no curing Masamune's heartless nature, causing him to quickly father another child so that he'd have a suitable successor in time before his death. When Terumune dropped the bomb about Yamabiko being his successor, Masamune blamed Terumune for playing favorites because his narcissism made him physically incapable of seeing any fault in his own personality and actions.

Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

- Weed purposedly uses a very weak form of battouga because he doesn't want to kill anyone.

- There's nothing wrong with Chibi's(Tesshin) colors. Just like many animals (wolves, hyenas, some dogs) his fur was mostly solid and dark brown as a young pup, his markings and real color started to show over time.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

A pretty much identical one to my headcanon about Jerome never wanting kids: Weed never wanted his children either. He just wanted a relationship with Koyuki and the kids were an 'if they happen, it's the will of God' affair. This is why Weed's approach to raising his kids has always been, in a nutshell; 'do what I tell you or shut up and get lost'. :weed:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:03 pm A pretty much identical one to my headcanon about Jerome never wanting kids: Weed never wanted his children either. He just wanted a relationship with Koyuki and the kids were an 'if they happen, it's the will of God' affair. This is why Weed's approach to raising his kids has always been, in a nutshell; 'do what I tell you or shut up and get lost'. :weed:
Agreed. Weed definitely feels like he was 100% into the relationship to feel close with her and nothing more. (The fact he viewed her as his mother for a long time kinda...makes it stranger too lol) He never mentioned children like Gin did with Sakura.

Neither did Jerome when he was with Lydia. I felt like he mostly viewed her as a reason to keep living. A person to protect as he continues his Ohu army duties... being a father was never on that menu for him though lol

How did both of these end up this way? I guess a mix of nature and the series needing to continue.

ImageImage
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Adding to the Weed not wanting his kids headcanon, I headcanon that Weed despises Orion both for his non-peaceful nature and because he had the "audacity" to argue against him him regards to Masamune. Orion, in return, hates Weed for being soft to his enemies, yet abusive to his own allies and family. Sirius is Weed's favorite due to his looks and similar personality, but due to Weed's own lack of concern for non-dogs, Weed's liking for Sirius slipped during TLW. Rigel is just sort of there for Weed, and he's probably forgotten Bella, lol. If he does remember her, he doesn't think she belongs in Ohu.
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Dragon wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:38 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:03 pm A pretty much identical one to my headcanon about Jerome never wanting kids: Weed never wanted his children either. He just wanted a relationship with Koyuki and the kids were an 'if they happen, it's the will of God' affair. This is why Weed's approach to raising his kids has always been, in a nutshell; 'do what I tell you or shut up and get lost'. :weed:
Agreed. Weed definitely feels like he was 100% into the relationship to feel close with her and nothing more. (The fact he viewed her as his mother for a long time kinda...makes it stranger too lol) He never mentioned children like Gin did with Sakura.

Neither did Jerome when he was with Lydia. I felt like he mostly viewed her as a reason to keep living. A person to protect as he continues his Ohu army duties... being a father was never on that menu for him though lol

How did both of these end up this way? I guess a mix of nature and the series needing to continue.
About that thing with Gin and Sakura, is that written or drawn somewhere? I've always wanted to read more about the relationship between Gin and Sakura, because it has been mentioned so shortly 😭 in GDW anime they are never even seen together in memories, and in manga Gin just tells how they met eachother
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Nuulo27 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:38 pm
Dragon wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:38 pm

About that thing with Gin and Sakura, is that written or drawn somewhere? I've always wanted to read more about the relationship between Gin and Sakura, because it has been mentioned so shortly 😭 in GDW anime they are never even seen together in memories, and in manga Gin just tells how they met eachother
Yeah! Volume 13. If you download my translation for it, it'd be page 82 o: It's a flashback of a preggo Sakura trying to travel with Gin, but she gets sent to Ohu with Tesshin. They talk a little bit together before being separated though. Not for long, but just a bit.
I think there's a small memory of Sakura and Gin in the very beginning of the Russian arc too. I think Sakura bites Gin in fear even ... Volume 35, page 169 of Fanta's download.

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Ben and Ron are distant relatives because:
1. both are of the same breed
2. both come from Kofu
3. both have the same face markings.
4. both are purebred pet dogs of high value.
5. both their names consist of three letters, suggesting they might come from the same breeder, but not the same parents.
Last edited by Kaiken on Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Kyoushiro secretly loves Sasuke and Sasuke him. I mean they do bicker frequently and Kyoushiro teases him especially, but in GDN after being captured by Crow and his gang he tells him to run and we get this familiar "hurt him and you will suffer" threat from Kyou. Later after waking up one morning, Sasuke leans into Kyoushiro who of course is not happy about it. I know it may sound silly, but at times we get stories where moments similar to this happen and later it might be directly or indirectly confirmed that those two guys are in love.

Orion probably has some kind of ambigous Mental or Developmental disorder considering his frequent Mood swings and breakdowns which are from screaming loudly to breaking down crying "bitter tears" as the narrator puts it. His sadistic laugh when attacking Blanca (Bon's uncle) in GDWO and insistence to brutally kill Masamune in front of everyone suggest further that he clearly has issues of some kind. He also mentions to that he doesn't have the kindness of Sirius or show the same compassion like he after Sirius covers Masamune's body with his scarf. Also he behaves like a brat throughout GDWO and LTW which also shows that he might develop slower than his bros for example

Of course this is supposed to tell us that he is a more fierce protagonist, but it's an understatement to say that.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

*Reika is an Akita mix (fact), and the other part is Shiba, hence why she's so small.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

WolfKing wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:09 pm Kyoushiro secretly loves Sasuke and Sasuke him. I mean they do bicker frequently and Kyoushiro teases him especially, but in GDN after being captured by Crow and his gang he tells him to run and we get this familiar "hurt him and you will suffer" threat from Kyou. Later after waking up one morning, Sasuke leans into Kyoushiro who of course is not happy about it. I know it may sound silly, but at times we get stories where moments similar to this happen and later it might be directly or indirectly confirmed that those two guys are in love.
I can definitely get behind this. Its really the only explanation I have for Kyou and Sasuke becoming a duo because they otherwise didn't have a whole lot to do with eachother before earlier on.

Sasuke certainly had a thing with GB when he was alive though. Not that Kyou is a replacement but sometimes ya gotta move on.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”