Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Ginga Headcanons

Post by Gingastar »

Post your headcanons here! Much like the AU topic you are not limited to just talking about the Ginga series, but all of Yoshihiro's stories!

Headcanon that I have:
When Weed first met Gin it took him a while to get used to his father. Weed saw/sees GB as a father more than Gin.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by fantachan »

My headcanon is that due to his fur color, Rigel has a different biological father from Weed (Even though black or black brindle is a color possibility for the Akita, none of his ancestors sport this color) :P
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I believe Chuutora betrayed the Ouu army and died a villain and that's why Kurotora doesn't mention him in a heroic light (or at all) and even the manga ignores his existence, but brought up even TERRY before. Not to mention, Yoshi said that the Kai trio are one of his favorites, so why would he forget him completely? He's in Gaiden but then gone after that... it's suspicious.

ImageImage
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

I've always figured that the whole Koga cannibalism came from an ancient leader. He forced his followers to eat dog meat to prove that they were loyal to him. It was something that was handed down from leader and leader, and eventually the original meaning just kinda got lost and the Kogas continued eating dog meat.
A red pandolar bear pandolar bearing along

Pfp and sig by Akame <3
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I think that, had Daisuke not named the Star Siblings, Weed would’ve named them after wild plants in honor of how GB named him (or maybe he’d just straight-up name Rigel GB II :P).
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

fantachan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:00 am My headcanon is that due to his fur color, Rigel has a different biological father from Weed (Even though black or black brindle is a color possibility for the Akita, none of his ancestors sport this color) :P
I know Yoshihiro sees mothers more as incubators than as actual ancestors, but maybe his fur color comes from Kyouki's side?
icon by azzai
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

talking a break from some stressy stuff with sexuality/gender headcanons because that's what we gays do :p Hey, only fair when Yoshihiro makes gay caricature dogs (Pink Dragon) and homophobic dogs (Smith) when he shouldn't, because they're dogs and they don't care who they fancy

-Kyoushirou prefers males all around
-Cross is genderfluid but ideally would be considered a male
-Yamabiko's first crush was Orion
-Tesshin is asexual with emotional attraction to males
-Smith likes both females and males but the macho culture makes him deny any interest in the same sex
-in general, pet/ex-pet dogs carry the most human baggage and hang-ups about sexuality
icon by azzai
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

Awww yiss LGBQTIA head canons!! I'm glad someone else got the ball rolling because I didn't want to haha//

- Smith is agender, but kinda just goes along with the male thing.
- Akame is asexual, but not aromantic (although he would very much like to be)
- Hiro had a raging crush on John, but doesn't know if that makes him bi
- John is pan
- Ken and Kagetora are husbands tbh

edit: oh heck, one of my general head canons that I forgot to put! Some of Kisaragi's sons aren't actually his sons, but rather, his nephew's that he adopted after the deaths of his brothers.
A red pandolar bear pandolar bearing along

Pfp and sig by Akame <3
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Ona Gin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:18 pmedit: oh heck, one of my general head canons that I forgot to put! Some of Kisaragi's sons aren't actually his sons, but rather, his nephew's that he adopted after the deaths of his brothers.
Same. I don't believe they are all his sons. Some actually are and some are his nephews and/or other pups he adopted and threats them equaly with his own kids.

John is neutered - this is why he never had any kids (despite Yoshi DESPERATLY wanting John to have descendats)
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Ona Gin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:18 pm edit: oh heck, one of my general head canons that I forgot to put! Some of Kisaragi's sons aren't actually his sons, but rather, his nephew's that he adopted after the deaths of his brothers.
^ this

And that all of the 4 heavenly kings of Mutsu, mated with female pet dogs of same, or close to same (hence Malamute lol), breed as Siberian Huskies. They told the mother to keep the daughters and only send the sons to them. Why Kisaragi has 19 sons (and nephews), and not daughters (and nieces).
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

I think Jerome is a bit too much of a bro when it comes to Weed and that Andy is Lydia's actual mate
Knight
Potential
Potential

Post by Knight »

Ona Gin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:18 pm - Ken and Kagetora are husbands tbh
Aaah I love this ship good taste
  ─────────── ʏᴀᴋsʜᴀ :john:
//art by Dragon
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Smith wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:33 pm I think Jerome is a bit too much of a bro when it comes to Weed and that Andy is Lydia's actual mate
.....*thinks* how does this work? o.o if you dont mind going into some detail

ImageImage
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Okami wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:41 pm
Smith wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:33 pm I think Jerome is a bit too much of a bro when it comes to Weed and that Andy is Lydia's actual mate
which part do you mean
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Smith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:17 am
which part do you mean
It's just Andy is just a year old by the time Lydia dies. I just wonder what sparked the idea of Andy finding a moment with Lydia outta curiousity.

ImageImage
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Okami wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:52 am

which part do you mean
It's just Andy is just a year old by the time Lydia dies. I just wonder what sparked the idea of Andy finding a moment with Lydia outta curiousity.
oh whoops, I didn't actually know his age. I thought he'd be the same age as Weed tbh
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Smith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:56 am
Okami wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:52 am

which part do you mean
oh whoops, I didn't actually know his age. I thought he'd be the same age as Weed tbh
Oh! It's fine XD
Andy is just a pup around the age of Orion in GDWO. ^^

ImageImage
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I mentioned this the other day but I'll add here; headcanon that Cross is transmale, that's why he tells people "don't say that" when they say he is female. Smith is bi, and had a crush on Ben. Orion and Yamabiko are gay (together?) and only had each other to confide in about this because of the macho culture of Ohu, hence why they're close.

Headcanon that Akame is actually bothered a lot more about loosing his sons/followers, resents his obligations to follow orders from his past, finds it hard to open up to others because he is haunted by the memory of Kurojaki.
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

On the subject of Rigel and his black fur, I think that Sakura, being a Kishu mix, was part husky and it showed up in Rigel, or either she or Koyuki have a black Kishu relative, and that's where the black fur came from. Just an idea.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

JazzyJazz wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 am On the subject of Rigel and his black fur, I think that Sakura, being a Kishu mix, was part husky and it showed up in Rigel, or either she or Koyuki have a black Kishu relative, and that's where the black fur came from. Just an idea.
Some other then me that has that Sakura is part Kishu with part siberian husky, as that would explain the blue eyes as well XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”