Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:39 pm Hmm, I just realized an interesting paralel with how Koga dogs mirror GNG wolves.
Both Tesshin and Hyouma are heirs of really strong army that has ninja-ish abilities such as treejumping, leap-attacks, using tools, etc. They have several servant soldiers that look like the heir, just with pretty much no markings (if any, then they're all the same). Both Tesshin and Hyouma have hair tuft on their forehead and a one-eyed teacher who calls them ''young master''. They both have been raised by a foster father, because their original father is dead and they both have a rival enemy group of their kind (Iga and Dark wolf empire).

So, to the headcannon: ninja dogs are direct descendants of Hokkaido wolves. No wonder White Tiger is also part Iga dog.
I think this is a neat headcanon, but a small correction: White Tiger's ancestors were Koga dogs.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:42 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:39 pm Hmm, I just realized an interesting paralel with how Koga dogs mirror GNG wolves.
Both Tesshin and Hyouma are heirs of really strong army that has ninja-ish abilities such as treejumping, leap-attacks, using tools, etc. They have several servant soldiers that look like the heir, just with pretty much no markings (if any, then they're all the same). Both Tesshin and Hyouma have hair tuft on their forehead and a one-eyed teacher who calls them ''young master''. They both have been raised by a foster father, because their original father is dead and they both have a rival enemy group of their kind (Iga and Dark wolf empire).

So, to the headcannon: ninja dogs are direct descendants of Hokkaido wolves. No wonder White Tiger is also part Iga dog.
I think this is a neat headcanon, but a small correction: White Tiger's ancestors were Koga dogs.
Really? :o Oops, my bad!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Mellow

Post by Mellow »

I think someone already mentioned it but my hc is that Sirius has scars from the sickle Orion used on him! I think its stupid that he didn't have any scars :OUT:
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

This headcanon is mostly just me being hella petty but YEET:

The Star Siblings personalities are a result of Weed's shit parenting. Weed never planned on having them, but only really cares about Sirius due to the fact that they look the same, and Sirius acts like Weed because he knows that's how he'll get his father's attention. Orion acts out in order to get attention from whoever will acknowledge him. Rigel follows in Orion's footsteps, but never ends up getting the attention Orion does, and he slowly slips into the background, possibly growing depressed. Bella...well...maybe Weed would care about her if she was white like her mother.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Tenma is Unsai's son or nephew.
They are colored almost the same and those EYEBROWS!
Image Image
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

I headcanon that all the Ginga moms who died of a mysterious plot device ilness actually died of mammary cancer or other birth compilations or reproductive system infections, very dangerous if your female doggo is not fixed.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Some wolfarc ones!

Reima is part shepherd
Goldeye and Black Snake are Gaia’s sons
Red Bulli s also related to Gaia, but further
Hyouma is either Gaia’s son with different mother than Gold and Black or Gaia’s nephew (heh or maybe even trueborn son), that’s why Reima took interest in him and raised as his own (well and also because he’s one of 8WoS)
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Kyoushiro’s Mother’s name was Fuyumi, and her son, Fuyuto, was named after her.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Benizakura was part Shin Akita, and even though his fur was relatively short, it was thick and very nice to snuggle up against if he’d let you.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

I’m on a Pink Dragon kick, so let’s goooo!!!

-Pink is trans, nonbinary, and genderfluid, and more than happy the way he is. Pink uses She/Her, He/Him, and occasionally They/Them pronouns.
-Pink is dating Red Bull, another trans wolf. They like to snark at each other and Red loves to snuggle up in Pink’s mane when Juga’s not looking.
-Pink Dragon is distant cousins with Noroi and Juga, explaining where she got her mane from.
-Pink’s mane is not naturally pink, and she instead dyes it with a mix of local berries and blood. He is the reason the berry bushes around the Empire’s palace are all dying on any given day.
-She views her mane as a manifestation of his power and can spend hours a day taking care of it, often roping Red Bull, Bobcat, Mugen, and the pup soldiers who don’t have anything better to do into taking care of it.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

TenderVulture wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:38 pm Kyoushiro’s Mother’s name was Fuyumi, and her son, Fuyuto, was named after her.
Now I have Thoughts about his mom!

You know how Tesshin was impressed by Kyoushiro's jumping power, that he jumps super high up and that his finishing move is called Death From Above? He got that from his mother's side, because she is actually a descendant of the now disbanded Iga clan Kishu dogs.

This headcanon makes sense to me because Kyoushiro lived close to the Koga territory and he tells Weed that his mother used to tell him stories about how the Kogas were vicious cannibals.
icon by azzai
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

I think Gin is such a lenient dad who lets Weed get away with just about anything because he feels bad for missing out on his sons’ births and is extra ashamed that he couldn’t find Sakura in time. I don’t think he’s a bad dad per se (especially if you take Weed into account), but he probably just dreads looking like the bad guy if he even thinks of disagreeing with Weed. He already lost two sons, so having the last one disowning him would just kill him.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Atha wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 pm
TenderVulture wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:38 pm Kyoushiro’s Mother’s name was Fuyumi, and her son, Fuyuto, was named after her.

You know how Tesshin was impressed by Kyoushiro's jumping power, that he jumps super high up and that his finishing move is called Death From Above? He got that from his mother's side, because she is actually a descendant of the now disbanded Iga clan Kishu dogs.

This headcanon makes sense to me because Kyoushiro lived close to the Koga territory and he tells Weed that his mother used to tell him stories about how the Kogas were vicious cannibals.
Atha, your mind. Holy heck. Headcanon accepted! :tfw_akame:

Oww, now I'm extra sad about her death now. No one deserved what happened to her, but especially not an Iga descendent. She and her children deserved so much more. As for her ancestry, I can't decide whether she should be closely related to Akame or just a descendant of some random Iga. Making Fuyumi and her family related to Akame diminishes Kyoushiro's arc of coming from nothing, but it also opens up potential for a lot of interactions between Kyoushiro and Akame.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

JazzyJazz wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:37 pm I think Gin is such a lenient dad who lets Weed get away with just about anything because he feels bad for missing out on his sons’ births and is extra ashamed that he couldn’t find Sakura in time. I don’t think he’s a bad dad per se (especially if you take Weed into account), but he probably just dreads looking like the bad guy if he even thinks of disagreeing with Weed. He already lost two sons, so having the last one disowning him would just kill him.

Yes, this makes sense! I would also add that Gin doesn't want for his sons to feel the same he felt against Riki: a cold father, who never recognized him as his own son, and they never really got to be close like Gin wanted, as Riki's last moments where he finally recognized his son, were in battle and they never got to enjoy being with each other, peacefully.
Favorites:
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

TenderVulture wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Oww, now I'm extra sad about her death now. No one deserved what happened to her, but especially not an Iga descendent. She and her children deserved so much more. As for her ancestry, I can't decide whether she should be closely related to Akame or just a descendant of some random Iga. Making Fuyumi and her family related to Akame diminishes Kyoushiro's arc of coming from nothing, but it also opens up potential for a lot of interactions between Kyoushiro and Akame.
Thank you! In my opinion I'd prefer if he's just related to one of Akame's subordinates and not Akame himself, either way it'd give them good interactions I think. Maybe Hayato's brother who died in a suicide attack? Since Kyo can be reckless.
icon by azzai
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Atha wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:46 pm
TenderVulture wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:45 pm

Thank you! In my opinion I'd prefer if he's just related to one of Akame's subordinates and not Akame himself, either way it'd give them good interactions I think. Maybe Hayato's brother who died in a suicide attack? Since Kyo can be reckless.
I love your thoughts on this. Hayato’s brother would be a good pick for Kyoushiro’s ancestor. Ouch, my feels.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Kouga spots are created by the interaction of the Agouti (aw) gene and the Brindle gene (kbr), with the spots coming from a Brindle modifier exclusive to Kougas that breaks up the stripes into spots.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Shiyoko traveled all the way to Sakhalin with her grandparents to pick up Dandy Bill, and was absolutely devastated when the dog she put so much love and work into died. Personality-wise, Bill was kind and respectful to other dogs, but kind of aloof and not usually interested in talking to other dogs. However, his true Dandy colors would shine through whenever he received a compliment, and he loved strutting his stuff and showing off his prowess. Bill had the kind of self-confidence about him that others mistook for arrogance, but it wasn't-it was pure, tempered, self-assuredness. Dandy Bill was a patient dog and good at reassuring younger and skittish dogs and humans. If Dandy Bill had lived, he likely would have taken Yamato and Hayate under his wing, and he and Jumbo would have made a good odd couple. Also, Dandy Bill was fluffy. So, so FLUFFY!
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

All of the male dogs who had offspring with no mother mentioned are trans and/or intersex. *drops mic*
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirits of dead dogs are instinctively drawn to Futago Pass
This is why, during the final battle against Hougen, the ghosts seen include dogs who weren't in Ohu at the time of their deaths (Bill, Bemu, Terry) or weren't even affiliated with the Ohu army in life (Jet and Missile). This is also why the Paradise just can't seem to catch a break after GNG - something's angered all the spirits (the top dogs taking an extended vacation, Kaibutsu almost destroying the Paradise, the humans blowing up Gajou, etc, take your pick) and the place is a little bit cursed now, leading to things like the Supreme Commander getting separated from his pups, the whole place getting blown up in GDWO, Monsoon's revenge, and so on.

Batto was born blind and got the scars over his eyes later in life
imho the scars look a bit too symmetrical to be mere battle scars. They were made on purpose either by other dogs or maybe even humans, because they were bad people and thought his blind, milky eyes looked creepy.

Kyoshiro is lowkey suicidal now
He's basically in the same boat as Jerome was for most of GDW, looking for a good place to die (although he's far less poetic about it), which is why he's basically going around picking fights "to die for justice" in GDN. It's hard to say what's the cause, but there are a plenty of possibilities - the hell he had to suffer through in the Russian dogs arc in particular being a prime candidate.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”