What happened to-?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Birdcrossing

Re: What happened to-?

Post by Birdcrossing »

Gingastar wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:32 am
Birdcrossing wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:46 am ok here i go... YUKIMURA
Yukimura died at the end of the Monkey Arc. He was killed by Shōgun.
sorry oops i must have forgotten
BIRDCROSSING :chibi:
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Okay, this has been bothering me for a while now: whatever happened to all the Iga/Koga females?

I'm assuming that the Koga still had breeding females stashed away behind the scenes since their numbers are higher than the Iga dogs. Or, at least it's implied from the way they're drawn in both the anime and manga. However, all the Iga dogs all seem to be depicted as male... so, what happened? How did their lineage survive so long if the female population was in jeopardy? Or, did the Koga dogs kill all the Iga females...? :derpgin:
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:25 pm Okay, this has been bothering me for a while now: whatever happened to all the Iga/Koga females?

I'm assuming that the Koga still had breeding females stashed away behind the scenes since their numbers are higher than the Iga dogs. Or, at least it's implied from the way they're drawn in both the anime and manga. However, all the Iga dogs all seem to be depicted as male... so, what happened? How did their lineage survive so long if the female population was in jeopardy? Or, did the Koga dogs kill all the Iga females...? :derpgin:
As far as I remember Akame just discharged Igas after GNG events while Kogas were revived later by The Elder.
There are no known Koga or Iga females (at least not in GNG+ timeline. GDA had Hakutaka's mom and that's about it), not like it's a suprise tho...
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Troll Berserker wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:25 pm Okay, this has been bothering me for a while now: whatever happened to all the Iga/Koga females?

As far as I remember Akame just discharged Igas after GNG events while Kogas were revived later by The Elder.
There are no known Koga or Iga females (at least not in GNG+ timeline. GDA had Hakutaka's mom and that's about it), not like it's a suprise tho...
Going by the events of GDWO, there were no adult Igas left to discharge after GNG - all the adults other than Akame were dead and the puppies had been taken to live with humans to ensure the end of the Iga/Koga war.

There's a scene in GDW where the new generation of Kogas want to kill Weed because "the Ohu army killed [their] fathers", which sort of implies that all the females were just hidden away somewhere while the males did the fighting. Though that would also raise additional questions like "if they didn't live in the underwater hideout, then where were they?" and "if they're still hiding away somewhere rearing pups, why haven't we seen any new Koga dogs after GDW?" so who knows.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Troll Berserker wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm As far as I remember Akame just discharged Igas after GNG events while Kogas were revived later by The Elder.
Yeah, that doesn't come as much of a surprise considering the blatant sexism that's besmirched the series since the 1980's... apparently the ninja dogs were so manly that they figured out a way of procreating without females? :derpgin:

Akame's bloodline has always irked me, too. He claims to have puppies to Ben whilst in captivity, yet none of the Iga dogs seem truly confirmed to be his. He then magically has a daughter (the mother of Shirozaru, Muu and Rara) whom only appears in GDW:O and wants nothing to do with her father. So what happened timeline-wise? Why is so much information missing? Or did this all just slip into the inexplicable void like so many of Takahashi's characters? :/
Digsu wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 pm Going by the events of GDWO, there were no adult Igas left to discharge after GNG - all the adults other than Akame were dead and the puppies had been taken to live with humans to ensure the end of the Iga/Koga war.

There's a scene in GDW where the new generation of Kogas want to kill Weed because "the Ohu army killed [their] fathers", which sort of implies that all the females were just hidden away somewhere while the males did the fighting. Though that would also raise additional questions like "if they didn't live in the underwater hideout, then where were they?" and "if they're still hiding away somewhere rearing pups, why haven't we seen any new Koga dogs after GDW?" so who knows.

Enough said. These questions and more will never be answered. :upsidedown:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:35 pm Akame's bloodline has always irked me, too. He claims to have puppies to Ben whilst in captivity, yet none of the Iga dogs seem truly confirmed to be his. He then magically has a daughter (the mother of Shirozaru, Muu and Rara) whom only appears in GDW:O and wants nothing to do with her father. So what happened timeline-wise? Why is so much information missing? Or did this all just slip into the inexplicable void like so many of Takahashi's characters? :/
Meteor Gin says that Akame's six puppies grew up and began to serve their father. There are several unnamed Iga dogs in GNG, any of whom could be one of the six puppies.

Shirozaru's mother was one of the puppies that Akame took to live with humans some time before Gin and the others met him, so that bit's actually consistent timeline-wise. The reason she "didn't want anything to do with him" was because Akame himself forbade his descendants from becoming ninjas (or possibly fighters of any kind) for as long as he lived.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Digsu wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 am Meteor Gin says that Akame's six puppies grew up and began to serve their father. There are several unnamed Iga dogs in GNG, any of whom could be one of the six puppies.

Shirozaru's mother was one of the puppies that Akame took to live with humans some time before Gin and the others met him, so that bit's actually consistent timeline-wise. The reason she "didn't want anything to do with him" was because Akame himself forbade his descendants from becoming ninjas (or possibly fighters of any kind) for as long as he lived.
Oops, forgot that I hadn't yet answered you.
In that case, is it highly likely they were some of the Iga dogs who committed sacrificial suicide fighting Kurojaki's dogs? I thought that Akame joined the Ohu army with only Kirikaze and Jinnai... or, do I have a false memory? :derpgin:

Ohh, so the mother of Shirozaru, Muu and Rara did actually have her own background explained? Wow, that seems... strangely consistent of Yoshihiro Takahashi. Not that I particularly blame him for the frequented inconsistencies... he has such an insanely varied cast of characters that even he must forget essential and/or minute details. That was a pretty noble thing for Akame to do in that case. Thanks for the information, Digsu. :DD
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:55 pm
Digsu wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:16 am Meteor Gin says that Akame's six puppies grew up and began to serve their father. There are several unnamed Iga dogs in GNG, any of whom could be one of the six puppies.

Oops, forgot that I hadn't yet answered you.
In that case, is it highly likely they were some of the Iga dogs who committed sacrificial suicide fighting Kurojaki's dogs? I thought that Akame joined the Ohu army with only Kirikaze and Jinnai... or, do I have a false memory? :derpgin:

Ohh, so the mother of Shirozaru, Muu and Rara did actually have her own background explained? Wow, that seems... strangely consistent of Yoshihiro Takahashi. Not that I particularly blame him for the frequented inconsistencies... he has such an insanely varied cast of characters that even he must forget essential and/or minute details. That was a pretty noble thing for Akame to do in that case. Thanks for the information, Digsu. :DD
Akame is shown to have four surviving followers after the battle with the Kogas, though Kirikaze and Jinnai are the only named ones.

It's also mentioned that there were some unseen Igas patrolling the mountains who were killed and eaten by the Kogas, in addition to the ones we saw dying in battle against them. It's even possible that all of Akame's six puppies were already dead by the time of GNG.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Digsu wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:21 am Akame is shown to have four surviving followers after the battle with the Kogas, though Kirikaze and Jinnai are the only named ones.

It's also mentioned that there were some unseen Igas patrolling the mountains who were killed and eaten by the Kogas, in addition to the ones we saw dying in battle against them. It's even possible that all of Akame's six puppies were already dead by the time of GNG.

Oh I see. Maybe it's because they're unnamed characters that I simply forgot about them. :blank:

That's unfortunate about Akame's puppies... it just strengthens his argument for abandoning the shinobi lifestyle.
I think then that we can also deduce from your information that the Koga females remained hidden in their territory and continued to produce offspring, even although we never actually see any either. Because, apparently ninjas are too manly to have mums?
:weed:: Gee Tesshin, what happened to your mother?
:tesshin:: I had no mother! I materialised from the manliest lock of Kurojaki's rugged tuft!
:weed:: ... K.
Forgive me.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:34 pm
Digsu wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:21 am Akame is shown to have four surviving followers after the battle with the Kogas, though Kirikaze and Jinnai are the only named ones.

Oh I see. Maybe it's because they're unnamed characters that I simply forgot about them. :blank:

That's unfortunate about Akame's puppies... it just strengthens his argument for abandoning the shinobi lifestyle.
I think then that we can also deduce from your information that the Koga females remained hidden in their territory and continued to produce offspring, even although we never actually see any either. Because, apparently ninjas are too manly to have mums?
:weed:: Gee Tesshin, what happened to your mother?
:tesshin:: I had no mother! I materialised from the manliest lock of Kurojaki's rugged tuft!
:weed:: ... K.
Forgive me.
Lol, it's especially weird, because in GDA and GtAF the mothers were ninjas too! Honou from GtAF and that akita mom and that human mom in GDA...
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

What happened to Wilson?
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Kaiken wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 6:32 pm What happened to Wilson?
Im pretty sure he was just dropped into the void of forgotten characters. He was never shown dying.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Last seen in the wolf arc, and early in GDW manga there was a collie who looked a lot like him (but was never addressed by name and he disappeared pretty quickly).
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

This is now a more relevant question than ever since Yoshi drew him in that group of old characters... so he remembers him (or reread his work recently) but never covered what happened to him. .... strange.

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

I do believe said GDW collie was Wilson. He was important enough to be included in tv series as well, after all. Besides, he was with Ohu army from the start (of GDW) and was quite constant, until...?
Any chance he was seen dying in background or something?
Favorites:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm I do believe said GDW collie was Wilson. He was important enough to be included in tv series as well, after all. Besides, he was with Ohu army from the start (of GDW) and was quite constant, until...?
Any chance he was seen dying in background or something?
No, he's not seen dying. He just stopped appearing.

The collie in GDW was never confirmed to be Wilson, though it's heavily implied to be him (old, a collie, knew Gin when he was young). Even the studio sheets for the anime just call him "Collie" and Meishobu Retsuden doesn't include him in the character list.

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Okay, what happened to...
1. Shigure
2. Riki's other platoon leaders - Luke and Karasu - I've only seen the Anime version of the battle so did those leaders ever turn up again?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:16 pm Okay, what happened to...
1. Shigure
I believe Shigure last appeared in either the Russian arc in GDW or the first volume of GDWO (if that even was him resting along with Kyoushiro’s youngsters), so there’s a possibility he was killed in the volcanic eruption at the latest. Yoshi probably just flat-out forgot him, especially since he seems to have forgotten Chutora after Shin Gaiden :tfw_aokabuto2:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Tsukitora wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:33 am
1. Shigure
I believe Shigure last appeared in either the Russian arc in GDW or the first volume of GDWO (if that even was him resting along with Kyoushiro’s youngsters), so there’s a possibility he was killed in the volcanic eruption at the latest. Yoshi probably just flat-out forgot him, especially since he seems to have forgotten Chutora after Shin Gaiden :tfw_aokabuto2:
Wasn't he seen a bit in TLW?
1. Shigure
2. Riki's other platoon leaders - Luke and Karasu - I've only seen the Anime version of the battle so did those leaders ever turn up again?
One of them (Luke?) was seen a bit in background in GNG comic at some point in the end (before or during the last battle), but really they died offscreen without mention.
Favorites:
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Since I'm kiiinda working on something I need some information - What happened to Muu, Rara and Shirozaru?
Also were Koyuki and Bella left with anyone else than Akame?
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”