More Chapters of SSY

General discussion of all things related to Yamato the White Fighter (Shiroi Senshi Yamato).
Post Reply
User avatar
Tabunne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:53 am
Location: USA

More Chapters of SSY

Post by Tabunne » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm

At the request of a friend on mangadex, I picked up this series for an English translation again! I'm a novice but I'm doing my best to keep it going smoothly. If anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, please let me know! I'm always striving to do better and better. :tfw_bella2:

All that said, chapter 33 and the end of volume 8 is available to read on MangaDex. I also give permission to silverfangreader to host it there as well. I am VERY new to all this type of thing, so please correct me if this is on the wrong board.


I'm also happy to be into this series. It makes Pokemon make one heck of a lot more sense! Looking at the rules in SSY and dogfighting in Japan and looking back on Pokemon battles, they're incredibly similar. There's special moves, rankings, a referee on board to determine if a combatant can't fight anymore, on-site meddical personell... It helps me appreciate the series, as I find it all fascinating!

User avatar
Kaiken
Banned
Banned
Posts: 1151
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:27 pm
Location: Planet Earth, hopefully

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Kaiken » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Thanks a lot!
Maybe you could also post links to .zip chapter download here? Still, I loved reading Yamato again!
Image
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:

User avatar
Dragon
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 2247
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Mondstadt
Contact:

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Dragon » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:11 am

When I typeset my friend's (Meti's) translation, I like to compare the Japanese to his words, since he translate from Finnish and was working on improving his English. I didn't know any Japanese in the beginning, but this helped me learn a bit! here's the websites I use:

https://kanji.sljfaq.org/mr.html (<-- if you can figure out the kanji stroke counts/combination, you can find out all kinds of kanjis meanings)

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm (<--- usually I'll rewrite the sentence in the scan, using the site above in combination, and paste it in google translate for a general idea)

http://www.romajidesu.com (<--- if you put the sentence in here, sometimes this site can help you know certain phrases, alternate definitions, or let you know if you wrote the right word if nothing comes up)
Image

User avatar
Nara
Recruit
Recruit
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:20 pm
Location: Finland

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Nara » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:28 am

I'm so pleased if Yamato translations will continue!!

User avatar
Regnant
Technician
Technician
Posts: 1469
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Regnant » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Tabunne wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm
I also give permission to silverfangreader to host it there as well.
Awww thank you! However, I'd need the original zip files for me to upload to the Reader (otherwise I'm clicking through page by page to download). Feel free to PM me them :D

User avatar
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin
Posts: 7975
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Plague Island
Contact:

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Arano » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Tabunne wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm
At the request of a friend on mangadex, I picked up this series for an English translation again! I'm a novice but I'm doing my best to keep it going smoothly. If anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, please let me know! I'm always striving to do better and better. :tfw_bella2:

All that said, chapter 33 and the end of volume 8 is available to read on MangaDex. I also give permission to silverfangreader to host it there as well. I am VERY new to all this type of thing, so please correct me if this is on the wrong board.


I'm also happy to be into this series. It makes Pokemon make one heck of a lot more sense! Looking at the rules in SSY and dogfighting in Japan and looking back on Pokemon battles, they're incredibly similar. There's special moves, rankings, a referee on board to determine if a combatant can't fight anymore, on-site meddical personell... It helps me appreciate the series, as I find it all fascinating!
Thank you Tabunne! If you would like to post your translations for download for here in future, you will need to reach 20 posts so you can have access to the Translation section :)

User avatar
Tabunne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:53 am
Location: USA

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Tabunne » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:03 am

Dragon wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:11 am
When I typeset my friend's (Meti's) translation, I like to compare the Japanese to his words, since he translate from Finnish and was working on improving his English. I didn't know any Japanese in the beginning, but this helped me learn a bit! here's the websites I use:

https://kanji.sljfaq.org/mr.html (<-- if you can figure out the kanji stroke counts/combination, you can find out all kinds of kanjis meanings)

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm (<--- usually I'll rewrite the sentence in the scan, using the site above in combination, and paste it in google translate for a general idea)

http://www.romajidesu.com (<--- if you put the sentence in here, sometimes this site can help you know certain phrases, alternate definitions, or let you know if you wrote the right word if nothing comes up)
Oh man, I didn't know about those! I was just using jisho.org for unfamiliar words and piecing it all together in a google doc before typesetting on my phone. Thanks to self-studying, a couple of years of Japanese in college, and forcing myself to play import games to learn more, I know enough to get me through a manga for the most part. I'll definitely take advantage of that last one. 90% of Yamato is in kana only, which makes it difficult to get the right meaning on some words sometimes. ><;;

User avatar
Dragon
Soldier
Soldier
Posts: 2247
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Location: Mondstadt
Contact:

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Dragon » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:46 am

Tabunne wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:03 am
Dragon wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:11 am
When I typeset my friend's (Meti's) translation, I like to compare the Japanese to his words, since he translate from Finnish and was working on improving his English. I didn't know any Japanese in the beginning, but this helped me learn a bit! here's the websites I use:

https://kanji.sljfaq.org/mr.html (<-- if you can figure out the kanji stroke counts/combination, you can find out all kinds of kanjis meanings)

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm (<--- usually I'll rewrite the sentence in the scan, using the site above in combination, and paste it in google translate for a general idea)

http://www.romajidesu.com (<--- if you put the sentence in here, sometimes this site can help you know certain phrases, alternate definitions, or let you know if you wrote the right word if nothing comes up)
Oh man, I didn't know about those! I was just using jisho.org for unfamiliar words and piecing it all together in a google doc before typesetting on my phone. Thanks to self-studying, a couple of years of Japanese in college, and forcing myself to play import games to learn more, I know enough to get me through a manga for the most part. I'll definitely take advantage of that last one. 90% of Yamato is in kana only, which makes it difficult to get the right meaning on some words sometimes. ><;;
No problem! Thats so awesome! I hope to get to that level one day! xD
for Katakana typing, here's the lexilogos site but with Kata instead of Hira!
https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm

For editing pages, I used to use GIMP before I switched over to Adobe (Cause of school). Gimp worked just fine though, especially its updated versions.

If you need suggestions to reach 20 posts to upload your scans, I'd suggest 'fav characters' lists, opinion threads (like the Ginga ones) or game threads (I think these count?) ^^ good luck!
Image

User avatar
Tabunne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:53 am
Location: USA

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Tabunne » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:04 pm

Arano wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:28 pm
Tabunne wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm
At the request of a friend on mangadex, I picked up this series for an English translation again! I'm a novice but I'm doing my best to keep it going smoothly. If anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, please let me know! I'm always striving to do better and better. :tfw_bella2:

All that said, chapter 33 and the end of volume 8 is available to read on MangaDex. I also give permission to silverfangreader to host it there as well. I am VERY new to all this type of thing, so please correct me if this is on the wrong board.


I'm also happy to be into this series. It makes Pokemon make one heck of a lot more sense! Looking at the rules in SSY and dogfighting in Japan and looking back on Pokemon battles, they're incredibly similar. There's special moves, rankings, a referee on board to determine if a combatant can't fight anymore, on-site meddical personell... It helps me appreciate the series, as I find it all fascinating!
Thank you Tabunne! If you would like to post your translations for download for here in future, you will need to reach 20 posts so you can have access to the Translation section :)
I'll do my best! It's hard to be active when you're in school and holding down a job. But I'll make more time to post and hold conversations in between the translation hobby, and other hobbies! ^_^

Post Reply

Return to “Yamato the White Fighter”