Demand for this manga is low?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga No Inutachi.
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Demand for this manga is low?

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm retaking Japanese to be able to read in the original Japanese and translate but it surprises me that (personally) I don't see demand for this manga.

I'll look at eBay and Amazon to see if I can get it or something, and I have an ex-teacher who's half Japanese and could help me translate.

Or is there a secret project going on here on GB? :surprisegin:

Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Re: Demand for this manga is low?

Post by Tikikata » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 am

I was going to say I swear I saw it on Silver Fang Reader, but I guess I was wrong. XD;

If you do go through with a translation, it would be fun to read! I don't own the book myself, so I would be interested!

:belmond: :gama: :honou: :kurotora: :lloyd: :benizakura: :hyakkiga: :suiga: :whitetiger: :george: :ken: :kagetora: :unsai: :orion: :masamune:

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 am

Tikikata wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 am
I was going to say I swear I saw it on Silver Fang Reader, but I guess I was wrong. XD;

If you do go through with a translation, it would be fun to read! I don't own the book myself, so I would be interested!
I'll have some money to buy some Ginga books! But due to college, I haven't gone and sold the books I don't need anymore X3
It'll also be good practice because I'll try reading them all before going to my half-Japanese ex-teacher to help me translate :KRUMP:

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am

Ginga no Inutachi (first released as Sho to Inu) is not written by Yoshi, but by the same author as FANG (Akira Ito). Perhaps that alone turns readers off? It's a shame since the actual book is one of my favs (art and story, Ito writes more realistically and all stories are quite tragic) and I would LOVE to be able to read.
If anyone can/wants to start a project, I have the book and can do photos or scan.

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:36 pm

KremlinJill wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am
Ginga no Inutachi (first released as Sho to Inu) is not written by Yoshi, but by the same author as FANG (Akira Ito). Perhaps that alone turns readers off? It's a shame since the actual book is one of my favs (art and story, Ito writes more realistically and all stories are quite tragic) and I would LOVE to be able to read.
If anyone can/wants to start a project, I have the book and can do photos or scan.
I would love to have the scans for it! I'll just have to get in contact with my Japanese ex-teacher :) Or I might hire someone to translate for us.

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am

Are photos ok? Really clear ones. I can send over whatsapp if you use that, or google drive.

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:14 am

KremlinJill wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am
Are photos ok? Really clear ones. I can send over whatsapp if you use that, or google drive.
I prefer scans, but I don't mind if the photo quality is just as good ^^, my Google Drive is villarrealmarier@gmail.com

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:42 am

Alright, I tried photographing a few pages and cleaned them up (very basic). Sending them now, bash them if you must-if they are that bad I would like to know ASAP so I can attempt scanning them at a local library ^^'

Gingaddict
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gingaddict » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:20 pm

f you would translate, I would definitely read it, I've always been curious about this story (or stories since it's a collection).
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:33 pm

Gingaddict wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:20 pm
f you would translate, I would definitely read it, I've always been curious about this story (or stories since it's a collection).
Hi!
I sort of put it in the back burner, since Google Drive can't find the images, even though I do remember them being on mine...
I think Mako is already translating the series since I created this topic.

Mako
Translator
Translator

Post by Mako » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 am

I actually dropped the series, as I found it to be quite boring, and not really to my liking. I only did the first two stories.
Dermot Morgan Fangirl
----

Fate doesn't hang on a wrong or right choice
Fortune depends on the tone of your voice
So sing while you have time
Let the song shine down from above
And fill you with songs of love

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:31 am

Mako wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:13 am
I actually dropped the series, as I found it to be quite boring, and not really to my liking. I only did the first two stories.
I see, in that case I’ll see if I can get the pages somehow again, and sort out details with a Japanese translator and typewriter, whether here or somewhere else. Thank you for telling me!

Kaiken
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Kaiken » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Hi! Did you have any luck with this project? I'd love to have an update on how the translations are going for GNI.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
YAMATO4EVER

Return to “Ginga No Inutachi”