Demand for this manga is low?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga No Inutachi.
18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Demand for this manga is low?

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm retaking Japanese to be able to read in the original Japanese and translate but it surprises me that (personally) I don't see demand for this manga.

I'll look at eBay and Amazon to see if I can get it or something, and I have an ex-teacher who's half Japanese and could help me translate.

Or is there a secret project going on here on GB? :surprisegin:

Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Re: Demand for this manga is low?

Post by Tikikata » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 am

I was going to say I swear I saw it on Silver Fang Reader, but I guess I was wrong. XD;

If you do go through with a translation, it would be fun to read! I don't own the book myself, so I would be interested!

That One Lloyd Fangirl™
:belmond: :gama: :gdwkurotora: :lloyd: :george: :ken: :unsai: :masamune: :hyakkiga: :suiga:

My Ginga Characters
Momo | Hakkou | Gracia | Mamushi

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 am

Tikikata wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:19 am
I was going to say I swear I saw it on Silver Fang Reader, but I guess I was wrong. XD;

If you do go through with a translation, it would be fun to read! I don't own the book myself, so I would be interested!
I'll have some money to buy some Ginga books! But due to college, I haven't gone and sold the books I don't need anymore X3
It'll also be good practice because I'll try reading them all before going to my half-Japanese ex-teacher to help me translate :KRUMP:

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am

Ginga no Inutachi (first released as Sho to Inu) is not written by Yoshi, but by the same author as FANG (Akira Ito). Perhaps that alone turns readers off? It's a shame since the actual book is one of my favs (art and story, Ito writes more realistically and all stories are quite tragic) and I would LOVE to be able to read.
If anyone can/wants to start a project, I have the book and can do photos or scan.

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:36 pm

KremlinJill wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:30 am
Ginga no Inutachi (first released as Sho to Inu) is not written by Yoshi, but by the same author as FANG (Akira Ito). Perhaps that alone turns readers off? It's a shame since the actual book is one of my favs (art and story, Ito writes more realistically and all stories are quite tragic) and I would LOVE to be able to read.
If anyone can/wants to start a project, I have the book and can do photos or scan.
I would love to have the scans for it! I'll just have to get in contact with my Japanese ex-teacher :) Or I might hire someone to translate for us.

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am

Are photos ok? Really clear ones. I can send over whatsapp if you use that, or google drive.

18Gingasoldier
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 18Gingasoldier » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:14 am

KremlinJill wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:44 am
Are photos ok? Really clear ones. I can send over whatsapp if you use that, or google drive.
I prefer scans, but I don't mind if the photo quality is just as good ^^, my Google Drive is villarrealmarier@gmail.com

KremlinJill
Adviser
Adviser

Post by KremlinJill » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:42 am

Alright, I tried photographing a few pages and cleaned them up (very basic). Sending them now, bash them if you must-if they are that bad I would like to know ASAP so I can attempt scanning them at a local library ^^'

Return to “Ginga No Inutachi”