More Chapters of SSY

General discussion of all things related to Yamato the White Fighter (Shiroi Senshi Yamato).
Tabunne

More Chapters of SSY

Post by Tabunne »

At the request of a friend on mangadex, I picked up this series for an English translation again! I'm a novice but I'm doing my best to keep it going smoothly. If anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, please let me know! I'm always striving to do better and better. :tfw_bella2:

All that said, chapter 33 and the end of volume 8 is available to read on MangaDex. I also give permission to silverfangreader to host it there as well. I am VERY new to all this type of thing, so please correct me if this is on the wrong board.

I'm also happy to be into this series. It makes Pokemon make one heck of a lot more sense! Looking at the rules in SSY and dogfighting in Japan and looking back on Pokemon battles, they're incredibly similar. There's special moves, rankings, a referee on board to determine if a combatant can't fight anymore, on-site meddical personell... It helps me appreciate the series, as I find it all fascinating!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: More Chapters of SSY

Post by Kaiken »

Thanks a lot!
Maybe you could also post links to .zip chapter download here? Still, I loved reading Yamato again!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

When I typeset my friend's (Meti's) translation, I like to compare the Japanese to his words, since he translate from Finnish and was working on improving his English. I didn't know any Japanese in the beginning, but this helped me learn a bit! here's the websites I use:

https://kanji.sljfaq.org/mr.html (<-- if you can figure out the kanji stroke counts/combination, you can find out all kinds of kanjis meanings)

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm (<--- usually I'll rewrite the sentence in the scan, using the site above in combination, and paste it in google translate for a general idea)

http://www.romajidesu.com (<--- if you put the sentence in here, sometimes this site can help you know certain phrases, alternate definitions, or let you know if you wrote the right word if nothing comes up)

ImageImage
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

I'm so pleased if Yamato translations will continue!!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Tabunne wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm I also give permission to silverfangreader to host it there as well.
Awww thank you! However, I'd need the original zip files for me to upload to the Reader (otherwise I'm clicking through page by page to download). Feel free to PM me them :D
Image Image
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tabunne wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm At the request of a friend on mangadex, I picked up this series for an English translation again! I'm a novice but I'm doing my best to keep it going smoothly. If anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, please let me know! I'm always striving to do better and better. :tfw_bella2:

All that said, chapter 33 and the end of volume 8 is available to read on MangaDex. I also give permission to silverfangreader to host it there as well. I am VERY new to all this type of thing, so please correct me if this is on the wrong board.

I'm also happy to be into this series. It makes Pokemon make one heck of a lot more sense! Looking at the rules in SSY and dogfighting in Japan and looking back on Pokemon battles, they're incredibly similar. There's special moves, rankings, a referee on board to determine if a combatant can't fight anymore, on-site meddical personell... It helps me appreciate the series, as I find it all fascinating!
Thank you Tabunne! If you would like to post your translations for download for here in future, you will need to reach 20 posts so you can have access to the Translation section :)
Tabunne

Post by Tabunne »

Dragon wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:11 am When I typeset my friend's (Meti's) translation, I like to compare the Japanese to his words, since he translate from Finnish and was working on improving his English. I didn't know any Japanese in the beginning, but this helped me learn a bit! here's the websites I use:

https://kanji.sljfaq.org/mr.html (<-- if you can figure out the kanji stroke counts/combination, you can find out all kinds of kanjis meanings)

https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm (<--- usually I'll rewrite the sentence in the scan, using the site above in combination, and paste it in google translate for a general idea)

http://www.romajidesu.com (<--- if you put the sentence in here, sometimes this site can help you know certain phrases, alternate definitions, or let you know if you wrote the right word if nothing comes up)
Oh man, I didn't know about those! I was just using jisho.org for unfamiliar words and piecing it all together in a google doc before typesetting on my phone. Thanks to self-studying, a couple of years of Japanese in college, and forcing myself to play import games to learn more, I know enough to get me through a manga for the most part. I'll definitely take advantage of that last one. 90% of Yamato is in kana only, which makes it difficult to get the right meaning on some words sometimes. ><;;
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Tabunne wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:03 am
Dragon wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:11 am When I typeset my friend's (Meti's) translation, I like to compare the Japanese to his words, since he translate from Finnish and was working on improving his English. I didn't know any Japanese in the beginning, but this helped me learn a bit! here's the websites I use:

Oh man, I didn't know about those! I was just using jisho.org for unfamiliar words and piecing it all together in a google doc before typesetting on my phone. Thanks to self-studying, a couple of years of Japanese in college, and forcing myself to play import games to learn more, I know enough to get me through a manga for the most part. I'll definitely take advantage of that last one. 90% of Yamato is in kana only, which makes it difficult to get the right meaning on some words sometimes. ><;;
No problem! Thats so awesome! I hope to get to that level one day! xD
for Katakana typing, here's the lexilogos site but with Kata instead of Hira!
https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/katakana.htm

For editing pages, I used to use GIMP before I switched over to Adobe (Cause of school). Gimp worked just fine though, especially its updated versions.

If you need suggestions to reach 20 posts to upload your scans, I'd suggest 'fav characters' lists, opinion threads (like the Ginga ones) or game threads (I think these count?) ^^ good luck!

ImageImage
Tabunne

Post by Tabunne »

Arano wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:28 pm
Tabunne wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 pm At the request of a friend on mangadex, I picked up this series for an English translation again! I'm a novice but I'm doing my best to keep it going smoothly. If anyone has any feedback or constructive criticism, please let me know! I'm always striving to do better and better. :tfw_bella2:

Thank you Tabunne! If you would like to post your translations for download for here in future, you will need to reach 20 posts so you can have access to the Translation section :)
I'll do my best! It's hard to be active when you're in school and holding down a job. But I'll make more time to post and hold conversations in between the translation hobby, and other hobbies! ^_^
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

So I have read the SSY chapters that are available, and I must say...some people in this manga are just so crazy. What's with them and their obsession to kill Yamato? Is it because of jealousy? Because Yamato proved to be better than their dogs or something? I'm caught up with the latest chapter, and even more people are so crazy and obsessed. I'm so glad Yamato's owner is beating the crap out of anybody who wishes to kill Yamato for literally no reason.

But if I can recall correctly, one guy wants revenge on Yamato for the death of his first dog. I mean...that guy was the one who challenged Yamato to begin with. Was it his fault that the guy put his dog against him?

But anyway, I hope to see more chapters added in the future. I'm enjoying the story.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “Yamato the White Fighter”