GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Kaiken »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:48 pm I'm at chapter 49, and I was surprised to see Kenshin as Masamune's ally, and the text saying that those from Nokizaru were now merged with Kurohabaki. Last we saw him, I thought that Masamune had killed Nokizaru's 2nd in Command after he promised loyalty to Kurohabaki and left while Kenshin stayed behind. Kenshin also told Masamune that he couldn't rule a nation by chaos, and that numbers and power aren't going to convince him to follow a violent leader. Maybe I missed the subtext, or when Masamune referred to as 'dealing mental damage,' by killing the 2nd in Command (page 73, chapter 42), the plot actually worked?
He showed that he can get Kenshin's best and most trusted men to his side. Then he killed the guy because he didn't really want him, he just wanted to show Kenshin that he can take over the hearts and minds of his followers. Also, Kenshin would probably have killed him anyway, after betraying.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:10 am He showed that he can get Kenshin's best and most trusted men to his side. Then he killed the guy because he didn't really want him, he just wanted to show Kenshin that he can take over the hearts and minds of his followers. Also, Kenshin would probably have killed him anyway, after betraying.
I think it's important to also notice that Masamune didn't kill him because he didn't really want him. He killed the 2nd commander because he shows disloyalty. Something very persistent with Masamune's personality is valuing loyalty more than anything. Not in the fashion of Hougen, who just wants to be a tyrant with full control. Masamune was almost fascinated with the trait of loyal warriors who didn't waver from their beliefs. Maybe Kenshin sort of realized this and thought it wouldn't be so bad to join him.

That's why Masamune says 'Kill him! that guy's useless to both me and kenshin!' about the 2nd commander. As corrupt as Masamune was, he's definitely one of the more ...understandable? antagonists of Ginga.

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Dragon wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:45 am
Kaiken wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:10 am He showed that he can get Kenshin's best and most trusted men to his side. Then he killed the guy because he didn't really want him, he just wanted to show Kenshin that he can take over the hearts and minds of his followers. Also, Kenshin would probably have killed him anyway, after betraying.
I think it's important to also notice that Masamune didn't kill him because he didn't really want him. He killed the 2nd commander because he shows disloyalty. Something very persistent with Masamune's personality is valuing loyalty more than anything. Not in the fashion of Hougen, who just wants to be a tyrant with full control. Masamune was almost fascinated with the trait of loyal warriors who didn't waver from their beliefs. Maybe Kenshin sort of realized this and thought it wouldn't be so bad to join him.

That's why Masamune says 'Kill him! that guy's useless to both me and kenshin!' about the 2nd commander. As corrupt as Masamune was, he's definitely one of the more ...understandable? antagonists of Ginga.
Yea, I meant that he didn't want him because he's disloyal. If the guy changed sides once, he could do it again, this time abandoning Masamune, but you worded it much better! :D
I think he's more dimensional than other villains. Both Hougen and Sniper knew they are doing evil things, to the point of having satanic images, and Viktor just didn't care if he's on the right or wrong side, he wanted power.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:07 pm I think he's more dimensional than other villains. Both Hougen and Sniper knew they are doing evil things, to the point of having satanic images, and Viktor just didn't care if he's on the right or wrong side, he wanted power.
Thats such a good point, haha. Hougen wouldn't think about loyalty until later in the arc. Sniper is aware of it but his desire to destroy Gin is his main priority.
Viktor's desire to survive and be in power was even unique compared to those two as well as a war dog having to survive in harsh environments for so long. I still remember he almost recruited Jerome just for being a skilled GSD. Thats interesting.
I don't give Yoshi enough credit for his villain development. These 4 show some clear awareness to how they act and believe in o:

ImageImage
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Does anyone know how old Orion, his siblings and his young friends are meant to be in the series?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Gingaddict wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 am Does anyone know how old Orion, his siblings and his young friends are meant to be in the series?
In my estimation, I think they were all about 2-3 months old at the beginning of GDWO and just over 6 months old at the end.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Spirit Tree wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:23 am
Gingaddict wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:08 am Does anyone know how old Orion, his siblings and his young friends are meant to be in the series?
In my estimation, I think they were all about 2-3 months old at the beginning of GDWO and just over 6 months old at the end.
Yeah this sounds about right. they're still sooooo small by the end of the series, so they're definitely not very close to being a year old yet, especially with how big they get by TLW, when they're 1-2 years old by then.

ImageImage
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Dragon wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:37 am
Yeah this sounds about right. they're still sooooo small by the end of the series, so they're definitely not very close to being a year old yet, especially with how big they get by TLW, when they're 1-2 years old by then.
That young huh? No wonder I didn't believe Orion could do so much fighting and have so much strength at that bloody age! :tfw_sirius3:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

In GDWO volume 19, it's said that "Andy was six months old, so about Orion's age" so your estimation is correct. :tfw_sirius3:

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Yeah the kids in GDWO were SUPER young... which is why I found it really disturbing how eager the older characters were to take them into war. Gin was like the only one that actually tried to herd the kids out of harm's way but then Weed comes back and ruins everything again.
Image Image
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Leomonade wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:31 pm Yeah the kids in GDWO were SUPER young... which is why I found it really disturbing how eager the older characters were to take them into war. Gin was like the only one that actually tried to herd the kids out of harm's way but then Weed comes back and ruins everything again.
Yeah, they either needed better guardians or more younger dogs to be at their level

kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Gingaddict wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:33 pm
Leomonade wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:31 pm Yeah the kids in GDWO were SUPER young... which is why I found it really disturbing how eager the older characters were to take them into war. Gin was like the only one that actually tried to herd the kids out of harm's way but then Weed comes back and ruins everything again.
Yeah, they either needed better guardians or more younger dogs to be at their level
FR!! I kept thinking that when Orion followed Izo and his brothers and challenged Masamune, like bro you're equivalent to a 6 year old please calm down.
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

do you think it's okay to read GDW:O without reading GDW or am i going to miss out on too much important stuff? :THOT:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

sabrovenator wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm do you think it's okay to read GDW:O without reading GDW or am i going to miss out on too much important stuff? :THOT:
All English readers have done that, because GDW is not translated yet, so I think you're safe. :)
Favorites:
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

okay, thanks a lot! :tfw_bella2:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:32 pm
sabrovenator wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm do you think it's okay to read GDW:O without reading GDW or am i going to miss out on too much important stuff? :THOT:
All English readers have done that, because GDW is not translated yet, so I think you're safe. :)
Not to mention most of the GDW/GNG cast is absent for the majority of the story
Pawbreaker

Post by Pawbreaker »

I wasn't a big fan, Orion was the point in the series where I just stopped buying Ginga. I was really disappointed in Bellas role in the story (that she had none), that was the reason I stopped reading. I also feel like Takahashis writing style is very repetitive. Its always the same stuff! It just doesn't hold my interest anymore.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Hey guys, I need help looking for 2 minor names. Yasu and Shōta. I know they show up in Vol 13 and seen them, but I can't find where their names are being said.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:17 pm Hey guys, I need help looking for 2 minor names. Yasu and Shōta. I know they show up in Vol 13 and seen them, but I can't find where their names are being said.
It's on page 115 of volume 14.
SPOILER

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:46 pm
Tora wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:17 pm Hey guys, I need help looking for 2 minor names. Yasu and Shōta. I know they show up in Vol 13 and seen them, but I can't find where their names are being said.
It's on page 115 of volume 14.
SPOILER
Thank you! ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”