GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
LarsT89

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by LarsT89 »

Hi everyone,
Thanks to All of you, Who scans the mangas. I really enjoy reading it.
I have a question, does anyone know when we get to see more of gdwo, im really looking forward to it 😄
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

LarsT89 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:29 am Hi everyone,
Thanks to All of you, Who scans the mangas. I really enjoy reading it.
I have a question, does anyone know when we get to see more of gdwo, im really looking forward to it 😄
Sorry I currently have no ETA for the remaining 4 volumes, it will be picked up again and finished this year however.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
LarsT89

Post by LarsT89 »

No need to say sorry 😄 im looking forward to it 😄
aisuloup

Post by aisuloup »

in the first volume when orion falls, was it a tantative of batouga or did he just fall like shit? XD
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

aisuloup wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:38 pm in the first volume when orion falls, was it a tantative of batouga or did he just fall like shit? XD
It was just falling.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

what happened to matheus? did he die? :tfw_aokabuto1:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

sabrus wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:46 pm what happened to matheus? did he die? :tfw_aokabuto1:
He and his pack surrendered and left Ohu after Masamune's death, though he left Bon behind as he believed that the Ohu dogs could take better care of him than he could. It's unknown what happened to them or where they went afterwards.

sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

oh well, off to the void he goes i guess.
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I have a question, when is Koyuki's owner mentioned by name? As I wanna know if it's truly Shinmei or Nobuaki
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:40 am I have a question, when is Koyuki's owner mentioned by name? As I wanna know if it's truly Shinmei or Nobuaki
According to the plaque outside his house in GDWO, his name is Saitou Nobuaki/Shinmei (斉藤伸明). The Finnish translation uses Nobuaki.

I guess Nobuaki is a more common reading so it's the more probable option? For what it's worth, I checked what Google thinks and 伸明 のぶあき has more than twice the search results than 伸明 しんめい (216,000 vs 83,700).

Also, just as an extra tidbit, in GDW volume 39 when Koyuki's owner answers the phone he says that his (last) name is Tanifuji (谷藤) instead of Saitou. Make of that what you will.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:05 am
Tora wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:40 am I have a question, when is Koyuki's owner mentioned by name? As I wanna know if it's truly Shinmei or Nobuaki
According to the plaque outside his house in GDWO, his name is Saitou Nobuaki/Shinmei (斉藤伸明). The Finnish translation uses Nobuaki.

I guess Nobuaki is a more common reading so it's the more probable option? For what it's worth, I checked what Google thinks and 伸明 のぶあき has more than twice the search results than 伸明 しんめい (216,000 vs 83,700).

Also, just as an extra tidbit, in GDW volume 39 when Koyuki's owner answers the phone he says that his (last) name is Tanifuji (谷藤) instead of Saitou. Make of that what you will.

Thank you. As in Ginga Yondai uses Nobuaki (and we know how that book can be lol), so just wanted to make sure ^^

Hmm... Could Tanifuji be Koyuki new owner? As she was leaving with him when Weed came to get her out? (once again going to search Ginga Yondai)

Update:
Ginga Yondai says Tanifuji is Chako's owner...
Link

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

I assume Tanifuji is the owner that has all 3 of the dogs in GDW and the new owner is Nobuaki.
I mean the home/place Koyuki and Weed stay during GDWO is completely different from the house we see in GDW. And we only see Chako in GDW too... so that's what I think happened?
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Leomonade wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:23 pm I assume Tanifuji is the owner that has all 3 of the dogs in GDW and the new owner is Nobuaki.
I mean the home/place Koyuki and Weed stay during GDWO is completely different from the house we see in GDW. And we only see Chako in GDW too... so that's what I think happened?
That's what I assumed at one point, too, but there are some issues with this theory as well. Specifically, her new owner apparently lives quite far away from Akita (going by the phone call Tanifuji receives, her new owner lives in Fukushima), but the map on GDWO's character bios pages shows that Weed was recovering from his injuries in Akita, where Koyuki and her family lived in in GDW.
It's a weird situation, no matter how you look at it. :tfw_aokabuto2:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

To me, Chako didn't live with Koyuki and Kotetsu. As Sasuke once (though for a very brief time) lived with Chako. And they didn't even live at the same house.
As you can See in vol 37, Sasuke drops off Chako and Weed drops off Koyuki and Kotetsu as well.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:57 pm To me, Chako didn't live with Koyuki and Kotetsu. As Sasuke once (though for a very brief time) lived with Chako. And they didn't even live at the same house.
As you can See in vol 37, Sasuke drops off Chako and Weed drops off Koyuki and Kotetsu as well.
asdf now I finally get what's going on with this whole situation

I assumed that Tanifuji (the man who answers the phone and hears that Koyuki's been kidnapped) was Koyuki's owner and Chako lived with them and Koyuki's new owner was calling him, but it's actually Koyuki's old owner calling Tanifuji (who only owns Chako) to let him know about her disappearance.

In my defense, I think the Finnish translator might have made that mistake as well because the person on the other end of the phone (whom we can't hear) seems to ask Tanifuji to tell them if Koyuki turns up at his house, and in the Finnish translation he replies "Yes... All right. [I'll let you know] If she does come home", implying that Koyuki lives with him. A better translation would probably have been "If she comes to our house."

I'd completely forgotten that Chako didn't live with Koyuki and Kotetsu... :yama1:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:15 pm
Tora wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:57 pm To me, Chako didn't live with Koyuki and Kotetsu. As Sasuke once (though for a very brief time) lived with Chako. And they didn't even live at the same house.
asdf now I finally get what's going on with this whole situation

I assumed that Tanifuji (the man who answers the phone and hears that Koyuki's been kidnapped) was Koyuki's owner and Chako lived with them and Koyuki's new owner was calling him, but it's actually Koyuki's old owner calling Tanifuji (who only owns Chako) to let him know about her disappearance.

In my defense, I think the Finnish translator might have made that mistake as well because the person on the other end of the phone (whom we can't hear) seems to ask Tanifuji to tell them if Koyuki turns up at his house, and in the Finnish translation he replies "Yes... All right. [I'll let you know] If she does come home", implying that Koyuki lives with him. A better translation would probably have been "If she comes to our house."

I'd completely forgotten that Chako didn't live with Koyuki and Kotetsu... :yama1:
Also, it seems a family of wife husband and/or child owns Chako. As we first in vol 33 it's a man driving. And we see in vol 37 a woman feed Chako. Then in vol 39 someone says "mom, phone is ringing". And in Japanese, that can be a kid or a husband saying XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Cubesy

Post by Cubesy »

Sorry to bother but I have been looking everywhere, where can I read GDW Orion and Noah in english? :tfw_orion1:
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Cubesy wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:37 am Sorry to bother but I have been looking everywhere, where can I read GDW Orion and Noah in english? :tfw_orion1:
Sign up to the forum and you'll be able to view and access the topics and forums with scanlations after 20 posts.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Cubes

Post by Cubes »

Thank you so much Kasi 🥰
Sketch-San

Post by Sketch-San »

Akame's daughter and grandsons:

Forgive me if this has been asked before since I don't keep up with the Ginga questions topics all that much. So I may be misremembering, but for several years I came to the conclusion that Shirozaru, Muu, and Rara weren't Akame's biological children but his adopted ones, and their mother seen in GDWO was Akame's adopted daughter.

However looking at the Ginga Wiki, there doesn't seem to be any indication that they're adopted, only the fact that the trio's mother was adopted by humans under the Iga's orders, but it's still unclear what their relationship to Akame is.

So are they related to Akame by blood or adoption?
Last edited by Sketch-San on Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”