Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Marchosias »

I think that Gin died a bit on the inside after the events of Akakabuto and that is part of why he is so calm on GDW. It is probably due to the trauma of so many dead friends that he became emotionally shut off
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Kōshirō is in denile about his fathers death and because no body was found and buried he believes that Joe is alive. Kōshirō is no longer seen in the series because he has gone off in search of Joe, hoping to one day reunite with his father.

Additionally, Joe is alive and has amnesia. Cliché yes, but interesting in my opinion.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Atha wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 pm
fantachan wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:00 am My headcanon is that due to his fur color, Rigel has a different biological father from Weed (Even though black or black brindle is a color possibility for the Akita, none of his ancestors sport this color) :P
I know Yoshihiro sees mothers more as incubators than as actual ancestors, but maybe his fur color comes from Kyouki's side?
Possible 100%! I talked with my friend that is heavily into genetics (and has a degree in it) and she said because of all the unknown factors on Koyuki's side (and furhter back on Shiro's, Fuji's etc) there is a chance that Rigel can be Weed's son with that colouring. Kishus have also other colours but have to purposely linebred to be white in this day. It's a prefered colour (espiecally with Koyuki being show bred), so Yoshi's being realitsic acutally //off topic

Anyway, my headcanon to add is that Toshimitsu and Tsukikage are identical twins, which would explain why they always appear as a pair and have no real differences.
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Akame wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:40 am I mentioned this the other day but I'll add here; headcanon that Cross is transmale, that's why he tells people "don't say that" when they say he is female. Smith is bi, and had a crush on Ben. Orion and Yamabiko are gay (together?) and only had each other to confide in about this because of the macho culture of Ohu, hence why they're close.

Headcanon that Akame is actually bothered a lot more about loosing his sons/followers, resents his obligations to follow orders from his past, finds it hard to open up to others because he is haunted by the memory of Kurojaki.
I think the Akame thing should be explored tbh
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

Headcanon that Fuji and Gins brothers still live with Daisuke.
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

-Kyoushirou has a huge Survivor's Guilt
-Kyoushirou wasn't aggressive by nature, but violence is all he ever knew, so he developed a quick temper
-Smith became mature due to something that happened between GNG and GDW, not just age
-Kurotora and Cross are best friends, that's why they call each other names and don't get offended
-There are Hougen pups somewhere, but their mothers hide that fact
icon by azzai
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

^I agree with all of Atha's actually! Seconded.

A headcanon that I have is while John is built like a working german shepherd, Andy leans more towards a cobby show dog, especially in his fat face :P
John: Image
Andy: Image
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

Every time Weed talked about Gin, GB would secretly get sad because he thought of Weed as his own son.
Last edited by Hyzenthlay Rose on Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Since thousands of Brazilians live in Shiga for work, I headcanon that the dog that traded Kyoushiro and his brothers for a boar is a Brazilian mastiff and a few of the dogs in his pack are Brazilian mixes.
icon by azzai
Tetsu
Potential
Potential

Post by Tetsu »

Aka [Riki's son] was actually the runt of his litter like his father. Which is the reason why Gohe Takeda decided to train him next in the lineage of bearhounds because he believed Aka would turn out well like Riki.

I firmly believe that Weed received scars after being attacked by Moonson's kin in Ginga :Last Wars. If Gin recieved his scars from a swipe of a bear, why can't Weed?
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Jerome's helpers were trained as ninja dogs (the only reasonable way to explain them jumping trees).
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Tetsu wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 am I firmly believe that Weed received scars after being attacked by Moonson's kin in Ginga :Last Wars. If Gin recieved his scars from a swipe of a bear, why can't Weed?
Also, not only did Weed get struck by a bear like Gin, but Weed's wounds required surgery while Gin's didn't. Gin didn't need surgery but his wounds still turned into scars, but Weed's wounds were so serious that they required medical treatment but he still wasn't drawn with scars??
Fuck that, Weed would definitely have scars from that attack.
The Gay Jackalope

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Hyzenthlay Rose wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:12 am
Tetsu wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:21 am I firmly believe that Weed received scars after being attacked by Moonson's kin in Ginga :Last Wars. If Gin recieved his scars from a swipe of a bear, why can't Weed?
Also, not only did Weed get struck by a bear like Gin, but Weed's wounds required surgery while Gin's didn't. Gin didn't need surgery but his wounds still turned into scars, but Weed's wounds were so serious that they required medical treatment but he still wasn't drawn with scars??
Fuck that, Weed would definitely have scars from that attack.
Agreed, plus both father and son being scarred by a bear would be nice.
icon by azzai
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Apparently scarts that get surgery just disappear :P
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Troll Berserker wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:05 pm Apparently scarts that get surgery just disappear :P
Wouldn't that actually make sense, though? I mean I'm assuming that wounds that get proper medical attention would be less prone to leave permanent scars than ones that don't.

But then again Joe's scars stuck around even though he got taken to the vet so maybe it's just Ginga logic :surprisegin:

Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

The dogs in Ginga have the same lifespans as humans (why else would Cross and Kurotora still be alive?)
The Gay Jackalope

FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Chutora was actually a female, posing as a male.
During the GNG gaiden, Smith discovered and he and Chutora had a brief fling.
Chutora died while giving birth to Shouji, Shigure, Buru and Todo.
Due to the controversy and potential scandal, Smith was never told he was the father of the pups and thus Kurotora raised the pups. It explains why two of the pups have floppy ears. It's also why Smith suddenly became so mature, after losing someone he had strong feelings for and wondering iof the pups where really his, but unable to do anything about it. Also explains why Chutora is basically forgotten. Because of the scandal that was barely avoided.

Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove »

FDQ wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:28 pm Chutora was actually a female, posing as a male.
Due to the controversy and potential scandal, Smith was never told he was the father of the pups and thus Kurotora raised the pups. It explains why two of the pups have floppy ears. It's also why Smith suddenly became so mature, after losing someone he had strong feelings for and wondering iof the pups where really his, but unable to do anything about it. Also explains why Chutora is basically forgotten. Because of the scandal that was barely avoided.

Accepted.
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Tove wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:32 pm
FDQ wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:28 pm Chutora was actually a female, posing as a male.

Accepted.
XD That reply made me LOL for real

Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

D A M N
👏Make👏This👏Canon👏

Good stuff
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”