Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thank you for chapter 117, vanille, and thank you for your translation, Digsu! :heart::heart:

When the Demon King makes himself known, can he please just yeet Jyoushiro into the sun?

Aww, and that was a sweet moment between Crow and Rigel. Seems like Crow really is hurting. Please let them be buddies!

Huh, it feels kinda strange seeing Orion being the one preventing a fight. Especially after how hasty he was in chomping into the Demon King's worms again after they tried to infect him. I can't tell if this zig-zagging of Orion's character is intentional or not at this point.

Ah, yes, and Jerome's as happy to see one of his kids as always... :EMPTY:

Wait, what? Zion and Maru somehow got inside the worm-ball too? I personally wouldn't mind if Maru just never came back out... but I would've thought that Zion had a lot more sense than that.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

For once, I'm actually on Jyoushiro's side. I wish Orion hadn't held Munechika back.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Well thank you for the translation, Digsu. However, I have plenty of questions now. But I don't expect answers anyway, so... :derpgin:
SPOILER
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Midorikage

Post by Midorikage »

I'm so worried that Chibi is going to get transformed by the worms. He needs to be a hero after all that he's been trough. I'm also worried that Rigel will die, so that Orion can become the leader. I don't want anyone to die from these worms. I feel like I can't enjoy even the older stories, if I know that some of the characters in them got killed by demonic worms from space. That's not a problem I ever thought I would have to worry about...
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Thank you for the scans and translation! Also this was probably the worst exposition scene I've seen in years.

And I'd rather have seen literally anything, even Crow getting smacked by this guy whose story I've forgotten about, but 5 pages about We Must Defend Japan from the giant onion. Like Shion and Maru getting in it instead of it happening off screen.

Not that Jerome cares one bit about his pups.
icon by azzai
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Thanks vanille and Digsu

I doubt if even a nuke would work against this thing. And how were Shion and Maru able to get inside that thing
Peikko

Post by Peikko »

And I was so worried about Chibi, Bob and/or Crow... Didn't see this one coming. Well at least the story is getting interesting.
Everything is fine as long as it looks like I know what I'm doing.
Rusty
Victor
Victor

Post by Rusty »

I wonder if we'll get to see what it looks like on the inside...bet you it's like a Tardis; waaay bigger on the inside.
icon by dolan
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Oh Munechika was about to cgarge?? YES!
Now I'm even more confused. Was Miho's and Hirota's grandfather their mum's father or Munechika's father? O.o
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

At what point this series went from "manly dogs beating up bears" to "let's nuke aliens", because I'd like to go back when it was just "manly dogs beating up bears".
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:15 pm Oh Munechika was about to cgarge?? YES!
Now I'm even more confused. Was Miho's and Hirota's grandfather their mum's father or Munechika's father? O.o
That's what I'd also like to know because that is kinda-sorta vital for being able to interpret that line correctly, but thanks to conflicting info earlier on in the series I have no idea if Munechika is talking about Grandpa Dog or another character entirely. I think the way it's worded in Japanese could work either in the past tense or present tense, but the issue is that you can't really leave the tense ambiguous like that in English so you have to pick one or the other.

I ended up going on Twitter to dig up ginga_soul's spoiler post for this chapter to see what that line sounds like to native speaker, and it seems like they interpret that line as Munechika talking about Miho and Hirota's grandpa. They then go on a confused rant wondering about Munechika and Grandpa's relations, point out that Munechika's wife also called Grandpa her father, try to remember if Koyuki ever called Gin "dad" like that (and add that there's at least one instance in GDWO of her calling him "father-in-law" (お義父さん) instead), and also wonder why Grandpa and Munechika's wife look similar if they're not blood relatives unless there's incest involved.

Anyway, confusing relations aside, it seems that Munechika is talking about Miho and Hirota's grandfather here and not some new character. I'll get my translation fixed to address that real quick! edit: Translation's fixed!

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

YamaDora wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:15 pm At what point this series went from "manly dogs beating up bears" to "let's nuke aliens", because I'd like to go back when it was just "manly dogs beating up bears".
Or just "manly dogs beating up evil dogs." :tfw_bella1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Zazpikaleak

Post by Zazpikaleak »

I have to say that this chapter was actually quite interesting! Especially the relationship between Crow and the others. Hopefully Chibi will meet Shion soon but I don't know anymore because of this onion thing and Shion getting into it. :tfw_aokabuto2: At least I hope Shion won't die. And I'm curious about how Chibi will react if he finds out about Sirius' death (or "death").
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Speaking of Chibi, everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring his mane even though his apparent relation to Akakabuto is supposed to be A Big Deal™.

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Digsu wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:36 am Speaking of Chibi, everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring his mane even though his apparent relation to Akakabuto is supposed to be A Big Deal™.
Considering there was a big gap between the 2nd and 3rd Chibi and Bob chapters and the whole Akakabuto relation thing was dropped in that time despite it being all Bob could think about before, I’d have to guess either Yoshi or his publishers decided not to focus on it.
Whether because they don’t wanna push more evil bear related drama on the fans who might still be bored of it or Yoshi himself is tired of it, I have no idea :tfw_orion2
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tsukitora wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:21 am
Digsu wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:36 am Speaking of Chibi, everyone seems to be conveniently ignoring his mane even though his apparent relation to Akakabuto is supposed to be A Big Deal™.
Considering there was a big gap between the 2nd and 3rd Chibi and Bob chapters and the whole Akakabuto relation thing was dropped in that time despite it being all Bob could think about before, I’d have to guess either Yoshi or his publishers decided not to focus on it.
Whether because they don’t wanna push more evil bear related drama on the fans who might still be bored of it or Yoshi himself is tired of it, I have no idea :tfw_orion2
Honestly I just assume it's because the story's got its hands full as it is and trying to fit in the drama of the Ohu army finding out about Chibi's heritage when we're already dealing with the worm onion, the fallen plane, the human militaries trying to deal with the situation, the chunk of the Ohu army that should be heading right now, and who knows what else would probably feel a bit overwhelming.

Sirius_79

Post by Sirius_79 »

vanille wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:23 pm Chapter 117~

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Oh and just in case anyone wants it, here's also a link to the main folder with all my uploaded chapters:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing :tfw_bella2:
Thank you so much for the main folder, that´s really handy :) I was looking for older chapters recently.
Sirius_79

Post by Sirius_79 »

Shining Sirius wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:35 pm Thank you for chapter 117, vanille, and thank you for your translation, Digsu! :heart::heart:

When the Demon King makes himself known, can he please just yeet Jyoushiro into the sun?

Aww, and that was a sweet moment between Crow and Rigel. Seems like Crow really is hurting. Please let them be buddies!

Huh, it feels kinda strange seeing Orion being the one preventing a fight. Especially after how hasty he was in chomping into the Demon King's worms again after they tried to infect him. I can't tell if this zig-zagging of Orion's character is intentional or not at this point.

Ah, yes, and Jerome's as happy to see one of his kids as always... :EMPTY:

Wait, what? Zion and Maru somehow got inside the worm-ball too? I personally wouldn't mind if Maru just never came back out... but I would've thought that Zion had a lot more sense than that.
That´s what I thought about Orion too. I can kind of see Yoshi turning him into a "wise and quiet" kind of character someday, maybe not now, perhaps when he´s older (basically a Gin and Weed kind of character), but the zigzag of his personality is really uncomfortable to me :tfw_sirius5:
Sirius_79

Post by Sirius_79 »

Midorikage wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:29 pm I'm so worried that Chibi is going to get transformed by the worms. He needs to be a hero after all that he's been trough. I'm also worried that Rigel will die, so that Orion can become the leader. I don't want anyone to die from these worms. I feel like I can't enjoy even the older stories, if I know that some of the characters in them got killed by demonic worms from space. That's not a problem I ever thought I would have to worry about...
I´m also worried about Chibi..I really love him, I don´t want him to be turned into a bad guy so that the Ohu army has another bear to fight..
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Info on Chapter 118 is now showing!

Ginga_soul: Humans beings have become a rut.

What did the humans do this time, ginga_soul?

Ginga_soul: Rigel and his friends rescued humans, and only two helicopters came to the place of the worm onion.

So the humans from that plane are saved, and only two helicopters show up to the worm onion. Well the humans better not get too dangerously curious. Actually no, they are. They want to drop a missile for a goddamn nuke. :EMPTY:

Ginga_soul: Is it because next Friday is a holiday or will it be released on Thursday next week?

I looked that up, and next week is National Foundation Day.

SPOILER
Even ginga_soul is wondering about Maru and Shion as much as I am. :derpgin:
SPOILER
Oh don't you worry, ginga_soul. The Great Demon King just wants Wanwan and Beniou as his dinner in the cosmos of outer space so he can satisfy his hunger and move on to another place in his space travel and find more evil idiots to eat. :sasukehearts:
SPOILER
I'm also wondering where this manga has gone, you know. It had so much potential and was so interesting at first. Where did it all go? :tfw_aokabuto2:

Ginga_soul: In the end, it's too slow to help, even though no one dies, or to consume pages and stories.

Ah, shit. I wanted Jyoushiro, the Aka-ari bastards, and Munechika to just fucking die already. :tfw_aokabuto2:
And if Chibi is bound to get infested by the alien worms soon, then somebody terminate him and save him before he suffers from those worms.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”