Most useless characters in the series

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
devinitely

Re: Most useless characters in the series

Post by devinitely »

Phalene wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:15 pm Well I find Chuutora quite unnecessary, I guess he just makes the triplet's whole :P I like him as a character but he just fades away after doing quite nothing
yes! and he didn't have to be either, he could've been the sensible one most likely to calm down his brothers, or maybe a strategist who takes their anger and turns it into something useful.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Sirius, for obvious reasons, as well as Shou or Shuo, whatever his name is. Oh, and Noah.
shiki123

Post by shiki123 »

what did even happen to Chutora, akatora dies in GNG and kurotora is in GNW and the other mangas after that but not chutora.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

Many of those minor humans, like the Mayor. He's just so annoying character! X(
Ginga forever! <3
Yaffet97

Post by Yaffet97 »

Gin´s siblings definitly, they didn´t fulfill their prupuse as a bear hound
Aksi00

Post by Aksi00 »

Phalene wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:15 pm Well I find Chuutora quite unnecessary, I guess he just makes the triplet's whole :P I like him as a character but he just fades away after doing quite nothing
Yeaa, i agree with you
Hikari

Post by Hikari »

Poor Chuutora didn't get to shine next to his brothers, also would love to see more of Terry.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

From the anime perspective, Oliver.

While in the manga it appears he had more of a role, the fact that he saved Cross was mentioned in what might’ve been a sentence of dialogue. Cross has been established as a dog capable of facing adversity alone, I do not feel she really needed a caretaker-character. The whole allusion to the interaction with Rokusuke could’ve just been omitted and the story would remain more or less unchanged. I understand he gave the Ou Army the idea to use human vehicles, but so could Gin, who lived with humans. His presence is really inoffensive, so I feel bad labeling Oliver as “useless,” but I think it could’ve saved us some time simply omitting him from the anime adaptation.

That isn’t to say he isn’t adorable. Easily the cutest dog in GNG.
Lad

Post by Lad »

The fact that none of you said Wilson shows how forgettable he is. :wilson: This might feel like I hate him, but I don't. I actually just wish Yoshi did more with him.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Lad wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:49 pm The fact that none of you said Wilson shows how forgettable he is. :wilson: This might feel like I hate him, but I don't. I actually just wish Yoshi did more with him.
That's a good point lol. In the anime, Wilson just shows up randomly to swing Tesshin precariously off a cliff. I think he interacts with Gin & Co. a handful of times afterwards, but he is really just a repeat background character. I guess he is helpful in explaining the Harpoon Bear's backstory- but then again, I don't think the time should have been taken to explain the Harpoon Bear. The mystery of his spiky back is more intimidating to me. From my understanding his position in the story is explained a little more in the manga. Personally if I was adapting GNG, I would have excluded Wilson. :wilson:
Lad

Post by Lad »

Yeah, exactly. His backstory is that he was a circus dog whose family was killed by Kurojaki. That's why he did that to Tesshin. Yoshi could have made him more prominent and use an acrobatic fighting style or something, but he just becomes a background dog.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”