Ginga Densetsu Weed SPOILER TOPIC

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ginga Densetsu Weed SPOILER TOPIC

Post by TenderVulture »

I understand why Weed exiled Jerome for killing the spies (can't have your closest aides undermining your orders after all), BUT he was also a selfish impractical brat for doing so. Those spies would have brought Hougen or Sniper down upon the Ohu army, and everyone would have died. I think Jerome made the right call.

AND reading the translated manga chapters Weed wonders whether he's in the wrong, and I'm like, "YES, YES, BABY YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO LEARNING AND GROWING FROM THIS EXPERIENCE"...and then he just doubles down. Don't put your morals over everyone else's survival, kid. Working for Weed must be a bit of a nightmare, just because he's so impractical about killing (and nothing else) and he expects you to fight with one paw behind your back when your opponents are out for blood.

HOWEVER, I also understand why Weed would think sparing the spies could work, just because he got some of his best allies like Rocket and Tesshin that way (and Rikiya's followers, and the Koga dogs, etc.). In fairness, it has worked out for him in the past.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

I just read the scene where GB announces to Weed that his dad is dead, and my heart broke. "HE ISN'T IN THIS WORLD ANYMORE!" And then Weed just started screaming. Seeing Weed smash his head into that tree was extremely upsetting. </3
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Weed just killed two guards on the way to kill Murder S. If you're gonna kill underlings, just do it and don't be a hypocrite about it, Weed!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

TenderVulture wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 pm I understand why Weed exiled Jerome for killing the spies (can't have your closest aides undermining your orders after all), BUT he was also a selfish impractical brat for doing so. Those spies would have brought Hougen or Sniper down upon the Ohu army, and everyone would have died. I think Jerome made the right call.

AND reading the translated manga chapters Weed wonders whether he's in the wrong, and I'm like, "YES, YES, BABY YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO LEARNING AND GROWING FROM THIS EXPERIENCE"...and then he just doubles down. Don't put your morals over everyone else's survival, kid. Working for Weed must be a bit of a nightmare, just because he's so impractical about killing (and nothing else) and he expects you to fight with one paw behind your back when your opponents are out for blood.

HOWEVER, I also understand why Weed would think sparing the spies could work, just because he got some of his best allies like Rocket and Tesshin that way (and Rikiya's followers, and the Koga dogs, etc.). In fairness, it has worked out for him in the past.
I know I just said this over on the Discord, but...

To me, Weed was worse in the anime in that situation. Because not only Lector and Thunder wanted to kill him twice, but right after Weed ordered his comrades to let those villains go for the second time, the villains planned to try to kill him for a THIRD time.

What Weed didn't understand is that chances have limits and that there are some villains that are not worth redeeming or refuse to change when given that opportunity. So on that side of the situation, Jerome did the right thing to kill those assassins, even if he felt down and that Weed was making a point with his weak-ass moral on life.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

I'm at the scene where Weed is rushing to confront Sniper and he says he isn't afraid of death but doesn't want anyone sacrificing themselves for him. He also entrusts the pack to Jerome. Well said, kid, though I can't approve of running off impulsively to confront your father's killers in the middle of the night.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Spirit Tree wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:26 pm
TenderVulture wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:26 pm
SPOILER
I know I just said this over on the Discord, but...

To me, Weed was worse in the anime in that situation. Because not only Lector and Thunder wanted to kill him twice, but right after Weed ordered his comrades to let those villains go for the second time, the villains planned to try to kill him for a THIRD time.

What Weed didn't understand is that chances have limits and that there are some villains that are not worth redeeming or refuse to change when given that opportunity. So on that side of the situation, Jerome did the right thing to kill those assassins, even if he felt down and that Weed was making a point with his weak-ass moral on life.
Exactly! Weed, honey bunny, some people never change even if you give them chance after chance. Those boys had more than enough time to change their mind, and what Lector and Thunder did was especially unforgivable as they tortured and attempted to kill a puppy. Why would you want them as your ally or let them live? Even if they're strong, they have willingly chosen to be monsters. If you let them live, they'll just hurt someone else.

And even if Weed wants to let someone live, it's not fair to ask his subordinates to do the same thing, especially when their enemies are targeting them too.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Weed and co. JUST ran past where Gin was being healed in a vet clinic on their way back to Ohu. They had no way of knowing he was there, but my brain is already cooking up an AU where Weed got to travel back to Ohu with his dad.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Shigure got told to stay home by Akame while Izou and Shuusaku went out and he started crying. :(

Izou did say he'd bring back Genba's head though. How nice of him!
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Gin's nickname at the vet clinic was "Aki". What a cute nickname! The vet staff were genuinely upset when Gin escaped, though.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

TOUBE EMPTY

YEET

(Translated by Maltranslations).
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Tesshin caused an avalanche to defeat Genba. My baby boy, off to destroy people. *sniffle*
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Marchosias wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 am
JazzyJazz wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:20 pm Here’s a spoiler for you guys...

*inhales deeply*

You ready...?

...Here we go...

The main character’s name...is Weed.
Gasp, that's a real spoiler almost as much the main character is a dog
sorry about this spoiler but the even scarier thing is the main character is a child
Sorry for being late as well
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

Why does Weed think Hougen is worth sparing but not Kaibutsu??? They both have a lot of blood on their hands and are both evil. :derpgin:
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

could anyone give me a rundown of what happens in volumes 52-60? doesn't need to be super detailed, just a basic overview of the important stuff. those are the only volumes i cant find, and i don't wanna move onto the next series without knowing what exactly happens.
rigel enjoyer
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

dolan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:48 am could anyone give me a rundown of what happens in volumes 52-60? doesn't need to be super detailed, just a basic overview of the important stuff. those are the only volumes i cant find, and i don't wanna move onto the next series without knowing what exactly happens.
The majority of the Hybrid arc hasn't been translated into English yet. But I was able to see what happens. So here's a summary for you:
SPOILER
This is a lot. Sorry if this is way more than enough.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:58 pm The majority of the Hybrid arc hasn't been translated into English yet. But I was able to see what happens. So here's a summary for you:
SPOILER
This is a lot. Sorry if this is way more than enough.
thank you so much, spirit tree!!! i just couldnt wait to move on to the next series but i didnt want to miss an entire arc. i appreciate this summary a lot!
rigel enjoyer
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Coming back to this little compilation of the timeline I did in the Ginga Densetsu Requiem spoiler thread in order to figure out Weed's current age:
YamaDora wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:41 pmOkay, I'm trying to gather a timeline here about how old Weed probably is:
SPOILER
I don't think we have clear information on how long after Requiem takes place after GDN, but if it's only months, then Weed should be around 4 years old, I think.
And I've been now rereading some of Ginga Densetsu Weed manga, and I am finding some...inconsistencies.
SPOILER
So in short:
Autumn right after the monkey saga - summer during war dogs - hybrid saga ends/GDWO starts with autumn.

It all would fit in a place if the narrator text from GDW volume 35 was just a slip up and it was actually still summer/spring, but if we take it at face value, it makes absolutely no sense. :THOT:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

YamaDora wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:38 pm It all would fit in a place if the narrator text from GDW volume 35 was just a slip up and it was actually still summer/spring, but if we take it at face value, it makes absolutely no sense. :THOT:
It's actually a mistranslation in the Finnish version, the Japanese version says it's spring.

The dogs enjoyed the peace, bathing in the spring sunlight.
No idea what happened here, as the kanji for spring (春) and autumn (秋) don't even particularly look like one another. :THOT:

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:52 pm
YamaDora wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:38 pm It all would fit in a place if the narrator text from GDW volume 35 was just a slip up and it was actually still summer/spring, but if we take it at face value, it makes absolutely no sense. :THOT:
It's actually a mistranslation in the Finnish version, the Japanese version says it's spring.

The dogs enjoyed the peace, bathing in the spring sunlight.
No idea what happened here, as the kanji for spring (春) and autumn (秋) don't even particularly look like one another. :THOT:
...Well then. :derpgin:

That sure is an interesting mistranslation to have.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”