Bomb GDW

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Bomb GDW

Post by Dragon »

HURR
Ohhh my gosh LOOOOL

Not as genius and beautiful as everyone else's, but Maxim without his eyebrows!

ImageImage
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Smith is missing the wrong leg o----o'' How do you mess that up ... I swear, he cares so little about these characters to forget the simplest of things.

ImageImage
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

2BCB5947-0D1A-47C0-ACFD-666853AB1D41.jpeg
Um, Yoshi? You kinda forgot something...Tokimune’s scars...I mean, I get that he’s supposed to be a fake out for Gin but c’mon now.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

JazzyJazz wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:55 pm 2BCB5947-0D1A-47C0-ACFD-666853AB1D41.jpeg

Um, Yoshi? You kinda forgot something...Tokimune’s scars...I mean, I get that he’s supposed to be a fake out for Gin but c’mon now.
Yoshihiro doesn't draw the details on dogs, his assistans do. So blame his assistants instead.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

The bomb is knowing this year gap is strange and ACCEPTING IT.

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Dragon wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:49 pm Image
That's in the first couple volumes right?
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Tora wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:50 am
Yup, I think vol 2 specifically.

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Dragon wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:26 am
I thought so.

They said like 10 years, 13 years and here 15 years. XD
Think they think about a decade ago lol

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Tora wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:39 am

I thought so.

Goodness, the numbers keep changing! LOL;;;
If Ginga has taught me anything about making stories, it's to keep a notepad and take notes on details so I never mess it up this much.

ImageImage
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Dragon wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:13 am

I thought so.

Goodness, the numbers keep changing! LOL;;;
If Ginga has taught me anything about making stories, it's to keep a notepad and take notes on details so I never mess it up this much.
Specially for the beginning of GDW, how long time it was since Akakabuto's fall. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I thought so.

I think it's supposed to mean that 13 years ago is when they defeated Akakabuto, and 15 years ago was when Gin was born.

...though that would still be incorrect since Gin was a year old when Akakabuto died :surprisegin:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:56 am

I thought so.

I think it's supposed to mean that 13 years ago is when they defeated Akakabuto, and 15 years ago was when Gin was born.

...though that would still be incorrect since Gin was a year old when Akakabuto died :surprisegin:
That too. XD
All right. Someone who has time and could read through and note where any of time that has passed is mentioned. XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:59 am
I thought so.

That too. XD
All right. Someone who has time and could read through and note where any of time that has passed is mentioned. XD
I once sort of did that, though I think I missed a couple of things. It definitely is a mess, though.
Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am -in volume 2, the narration states that it was late September when Weed and GB first arrived in Ohu.
-in volume 21 Hidetoshi tells Sudou that they exterminated the wild dogs of Futago Pass in December of the previous year.
-the monkey arc is implied to take place very shortly after the Hougen arc, which ended when winter was nearly over. The monkey arc thus presumably takes place in spring.
-in volume 35, it's said to be fall in Futago Pass.
-volume 36, Chako says it'd been about three months since she first met Sasuke.
-in volume 40, Maxim and Lydia's father says it's still summer.
-also in volume 40, Weed claims it's been a year since Sakura's death. Going by the first two points, this would mean that it's September or December which doesn't even make any sense.
-in volume 51, Gin says that the seawater is colder than it was when the Russian dogs arrived. So presumably now it's fall.
-in volume 52, Joe claims he'd heard about Yukimura's death the previous year. Even though by all logic Yukimura had died in the spring of that year.
-in volume 60, it's said that Weed and Koyuki's pups were born two months after the end of the hybrids arc... even though Koyuki was already pregnant by then.This would mean that either canine pregnancy in Ginga is longer than in real life or Weed somehow managed to knock Koyuki up while the whole thing with the hybrids was still going on.
-also in volume 60, Daisuke comments that fall has come when he sees the Orion constellation in the sky. So now it's finally fall, I guess?
Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 pm Oh boy I completely forgot that when Kyoshiro goes to Koga to pick up the former puppies in vol 40, it's said they'd been there for six months.

This would make sense by itself, since it's (probably) summer so it'd mean the pups were left in Koga in January or February. But if you combine it with Sakura having died a year ago it would mean that Sakura died sometime in summer, and it took six months between her death and the pups being left in Koga. And if you take the September/December thing into account it just stops making any kind of sense.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am
Tora wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:59 am

That too. XD
I once sort of did that, though I think I missed a couple of things. It definitely is a mess, though.
Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am -in volume 2, the narration states that it was late September when Weed and GB first arrived in Ohu.
-in volume 21 Hidetoshi tells Sudou that they exterminated the wild dogs of Futago Pass in December of the previous year.
-the monkey arc is implied to take place very shortly after the Hougen arc, which ended when winter was nearly over. The monkey arc thus presumably takes place in spring.
-in volume 35, it's said to be fall in Futago Pass.
-volume 36, Chako says it'd been about three months since she first met Sasuke.
-in volume 40, Maxim and Lydia's father says it's still summer.
-also in volume 40, Weed claims it's been a year since Sakura's death. Going by the first two points, this would mean that it's September or December which doesn't even make any sense.
-in volume 51, Gin says that the seawater is colder than it was when the Russian dogs arrived. So presumably now it's fall.
-in volume 52, Joe claims he'd heard about Yukimura's death the previous year. Even though by all logic Yukimura had died in the spring of that year.
-in volume 60, it's said that Weed and Koyuki's pups were born two months after the end of the hybrids arc... even though Koyuki was already pregnant by then.This would mean that either canine pregnancy in Ginga is longer than in real life or Weed somehow managed to knock Koyuki up while the whole thing with the hybrids was still going on.
-also in volume 60, Daisuke comments that fall has come when he sees the Orion constellation in the sky. So now it's finally fall, I guess?
Digsu wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 pm Oh boy I completely forgot that when Kyoshiro goes to Koga to pick up the former puppies in vol 40, it's said they'd been there for six months.

This would make sense by itself, since it's (probably) summer so it'd mean the pups were left in Koga in January or February. But if you combine it with Sakura having died a year ago it would mean that Sakura died sometime in summer, and it took six months between her death and the pups being left in Koga. And if you take the September/December thing into account it just stops making any kind of sense.
You're amazing Digsu! ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Good points! But may I slightly correct some?
Digsu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am -in volume 2, the narration states that it was late September when Weed and GB first arrived in Ohu.
In volume 4, Sasuke says that Sakura died before summer, and adds that Weed was 6 months old when that happened. So when the winter comes, Weed must be 1 year old. This makes sense later, when he decides to leave all the pups under 1 year in Kouga.
Digsu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am -in volume 35, it's said to be fall in Futago Pass.
This is a mistake in Finnish translation. Japanese texts says that it's spring.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

methpring wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 am Good points! But may I slightly correct some?
Digsu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am -in volume 2, the narration states that it was late September when Weed and GB first arrived in Ohu.
In volume 4, Sasuke says that Sakura died before summer, and adds that Weed was 6 months old when that happened. So when the winter comes, Weed must be 1 year old. This makes sense later, when he decides to leave all the pups under 1 year in Kouga.
Digsu wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am -in volume 35, it's said to be fall in Futago Pass.
This is a mistake in Finnish translation. Japanese texts says that it's spring.
Hm, this fixes up the little confusing bumps in the road then...
Though still around the bottom of the list, with Joe, it gets confusing again. How did Joe hear about the death the previous year, if Yukimura died that year...?

ImageImage
Nawulf
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nawulf »

Quality gengas. The snoot is strong with this one.
lol.png
"My body is ready."
lul.png
Neck muscles. 💪
lel.png
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Nawulf wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 pm Quality gengas. The snoot is strong with this one.

lol.png

"My body is ready."

lul.png

Neck muscles. 💪

lel.png
Wow, that's the real rough drafts?! ;;
They didn't wanna try that hard from the very beginning :C

ImageImage
Nawulf
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nawulf »

How to romanize katakana "fukku": :surprisegin: (The dog is quite well drawn here, actually.)
index.jpg
How to romanize katakana "buruge": :surprisegin:
bulge.jpg
Last edited by Nawulf on Wed May 16, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Nawulf wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:38 pm How to romanize katakana "fukku": :surprisegin: (The dog is quite well drawn here, actually.)

index.jpg
Lmao. XD
As there's no Hu but Fu, it can be hard to romanize :KRUMP:

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”