SRT subtitles in english

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Juhomoro
Potential
Potential

SRT subtitles in english

Post by Juhomoro »

Would it be nice to have english subtitles in SRT files for Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin? Then you could watch it in DVD quality and still understand what's being said, and you wouldn't need to find subtitled videos (which are low quality) from many websites.

Guess what? I have a surprise for you guys. I have created subtitle files for Ginga! I have to check them before I can share them with you but it's nearly done! I haven't done the translation myself but I have written them down from subtitled videos. You will receive them soon!
:surprisegin:
As you may know, there are two english versions from the series, and I used the better one (longer and more precise sentences).
Juhomoro
Potential
Potential

Re: SRT subtitles in english

Post by Juhomoro »

Here they are. I hope you find these useful! :tfw_sirius3:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Lyrics for the opening and closing themes are only in the first episode. I changed Jii-sama to "the Old man", and shinobis are simply ninjas.
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Juhomoro wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:49 am Here they are. I hope you find these useful! :tfw_sirius3:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Lyrics for the opening and closing themes are only in the first episode. I changed Jii-sama to "the Old man", and shinobis are simply ninjas.
I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to say thank you for doing this! I'd love to try adding these to the unsubbed GNG videos that I have, though I'm not really sure how to go about making sure that the files are timed correctly. Unless that comes with the file? Either way, thanks for uploading these and letting us use them! :bon1:
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Iteza00
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Iteza00 »

I'm having trouble with the ginga episode video files i have lining up in time with the subtitles that were available in the forum. Like they are off in some way. I used VLC media player to try adjusting them in time and had no luck.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”