Sniper in GDW (anime)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Sniper in GDW (anime)

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I think it would have been cool to see him in GDW! His design is interesting, and it brings back another threat to the main characters that they would have to overcome, and for new watchers, more backstory and lore from Gin's time. This time, instead of an old friend describing Weed's mysterious father, it's his old rival and enemy, working together with a new threat. His death, I think, would need to be revised though because as far as I know, Weed drowns him in a river, and I'm not sure where that would fit in the anime's story (this and budget restraints being why they cut him out).

I'm only as far as the English fan translation allows, as well as the wiki, and I haven't seen the anime in forever, so I might not be the best source. But it is a cool thought! (We'd also get a derpy DEEN Murder-S, which is a plus or a minus depending on who you are)
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Siobhan

Post by Siobhan »

i think murder s is a little lame in gdw... but it would be kinda cool just to have him.
Tabunne

Post by Tabunne »

Once I got to the Murder S chapter, I was kinda bummed we didn't get to see him in the anime. Especially with the DEEN treatment that era of anime got (GDW suffered along with When They Cry and others for sure), all the derp shots of him would have been GREAT. I did find his story to be very interesting and would have liked to see what kind of woman saved him to just put a metal plate over his brain. I'm sure they would have put in a flashback.

I know it was due to budget and time constraints, but I like to think that Blue filled the quota of "Dogs Killed By Truck" set by the team lol Maybe if we get lucky, we can get a remake of GDW by a better animation studio that includes him I donno if DEEN has improved or is still around that can lead into Orion. I can dream!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Sniper/Murder S might have happened in the anime if Kite didn't have the artificial metal front arms. I theorize that developers and producers swapped out Sniper having metal legs, along with the whole character, and presented Kite to have metal legs instead because they chose to change things up a notch and have Sniper be already dead in the anime unlike in the manga. I agree that seeing Sniper would have made the anime more interesting, but I think it would have probably been too long of a process to present Murder S in the anime.

But if there could be anime reboots for both GNG and GDW animes, it's very possible that Murder S would be included to work the same as the manga.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Really don't think he was necessary for the anime, but it still might have been interesting if he was added!

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

I would love to see Weed and Sniper's fight adapted to the anime, though I understand why they didn't put Sniper in the anime.
Aksi00

Post by Aksi00 »

Yeaa i agree, it would be cool to see him in GDW anime
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

I feel like Sniper would see Gin and kill him anyways then Weed finds out and kills Sniper
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”