2022 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Re: 2022 Q4 Banner Submission Themes

Post by Sandatora »

^ I love this so much! XD

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Hopefully this looks okay, because I have a cold rn and my bones hurt 6___9

EDIT: May of misread the prompt LMAO, my brain hurty. Use if you want :surprisegin:
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tenrou24 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:24 pm Image

EDIT: May of misread the prompt LMAO, my brain hurty. Use if you want :surprisegin:
Wow you NAILED the old Takahashi style!! Out of interest what did you read the prompt to be? I'm not exactly strict with these banners because that would be mean wouldn't it as it's just a fun thing, so of could this one will be used XD

PS Feel better soon!
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Arano wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:27 am
Tenrou24 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:24 pm Image

Wow you NAILED the old Takahashi style!! Out of interest what did you read the prompt to be? I'm not exactly strict with these banners because that would be mean wouldn't it as it's just a fun thing, so of could this one will be used XD

PS Feel better soon!
I read it as like a crossover thing, what if Yamato was Gin etc
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Banners updated!

December theme now up, hopefully an enjoyable one:

December Theme: Wholesome Holiday theme Deadline end of November
This is generally an open theme where you can use any characters from any Takahashi manga you wish. The only requirement is to use images of characters in happy/funny/peaceful/content moments! Christmas or Winter decorations for the holiday season is encouraged but not a requirement :)
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Oop, anyone making banners for December? 😅

I might see about making 1 or 2 if a good idea strikes me.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Tsukitora wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:19 am Oop, anyone making banners for December? 😅

I might see about making 1 or 2 if a good idea strikes me.
None so far :tfw_sirius5: the board has been a lot less busy since GDN finished.

Would be great if you'd like to make a banner or 2 though! No pressure though this is still just meant to be a fun thing people can do only if they want to. I can always pull some previous years holiday banners to fill the gap.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Don't really have any ideas (distracted by Pokemon and sick atm), but I'll see if I can whip up some in time! I really like the theme idea :)

🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

^ Hope this one is okay! I originally planned last year to make a banner with a bunch of board members (like the banner Dragon made for everyone) but ultimately ran out of time. Did a overhaul of it with just Gdw characters :)

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Sandatora wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:59 pm Image

^ Hope this one is okay! I originally planned last year to make a banner with a bunch of board members (like the banner Dragon made for everyone) but ultimately ran out of time. Did a overhaul of it with just Gdw characters :)
Thank you Sanda! I really love the 3rd one XD
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

These were super quick but I just wanted to get some banners done for December.

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

kahooton wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:26 pm I wasn't sure if this banner would fit the theme but this was actually the first banner I ever made back in 2020, but failed to upload it properly!!

What if Chutora was there to fight Hougen instead of Kurotora? I love the idea of Chutora maybe having a heroic death against Hougen, and being able to save most or all of his sons in the process. Instead of Shigure being the sole survivor, maybe Chutora serves as a distraction and gives up his life for his children to get the backup they needed at Mutsu. I can also see Kurotora being there fighting with him, and him being the one telling Akame to take Kuro away so he could save his younger brother and sons. I feel as if this would be a much better end to Chutora's story than we got, my boy deserved better. :chutora:
Wow, I actually did think of an idea like that years ago, it definitely would have been better closure of Chutora to go out this way

I LOVE THESE! Especially the sled dog and Santa one - it looks beautiful and well put together!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

December banners updated!

January is usually staff picks from the previous year so there's a bit of break before Arano announces the next banner theme~
Image Image
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

That third one is so cute!!!!
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Arano wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:54 am Thank you Sanda! I really love the 3rd one XD
Gingaddict wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:34 am I LOVE THESE! Especially the sled dog and Santa one - it looks beautiful and well put together!
ZackThePuppy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:14 pm That third one is so cute!!!!
Thank you guys so much!! That really means a lot! :tfw_orion1:

Return to “Main”