Potential Girlfriend/Mate For Orion and Bon (And Other Characters)

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Potential Girlfriend/Mate For Orion and Bon (And Other Characters)

Post by Spirit Tree »

So I have been thinking a lot about how Orion and Bon would eventually have a girlfriend/mate, and I believe that it will happen in GDN at some point. How do you think they should meet their love interests? And if you're thinking about other characters having mates in GDN, feel free to share.

My prediction on Orion having a female
I think Orion will meet his love interest when he rescues her from bandits. I certainly do not want to see a repeat of how Gin and Weed met their respective love interests. I think the female will be a beautiful brown and white Akita Inu, similar to Fuji, Riki's mate, not a white Kishu Inu. But this female will be a pet dog, and eventually her owner sets her free to be with Orion during an adventure. They'll have three children in the end, and with how hard Orion is attempting to grow with his character development, he'll be a better father than Weed.

My prediction on Bon having a female
I think Bon and Bella will secretly fall in love with each other during an adventure. They keep it a secret from the Ou army for a few months until Bella gives birth to their two children. Yeah I know it would sound crazy for Bon and Bella to become parents that quickly, but look at Hiro and Reika from GDW. Orion happily approves of the love between his friend and sister and congratulates them on the birth of their pups.
Last edited by Spirit Tree on Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Potential Girlfriend/Mate For Orion and Bon (And Other Characters)

Post by SoullessDog »

Spirit Tree wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:23 am So I have been thinking a lot about how Orion and Bon would eventually have a girlfriend/future, and I believe that it will happen in GDN at some point. How do you think they should meet their love interests? And if you're thinking about other characters having mates in GDN, feel free to share.

My prediction on Orion having a female
I think Orion will meet his love interest when he rescues her from bandits. I certainly do not want to see a repeat of how Gin and Weed met their respective love interests. I think the female will be a beautiful brown and white Akita Inu, similar to Fuji, Riki's mate, not a white Kishu Inu. But this female will be a pet dog, and eventually her owner sets her free to be with Orion during an adventure. They'll have three children in the end, and with how hard Orion is attempting to grow with his character development, he'll be a better father than Weed.

My prediction on Bon having a female
I think Bon and Bella will secretly fall in love with each other during an adventure. They keep it a secret from the Ou army for a few months until Bella gives birth to their two children. Yeah I know it would sound crazy for Bon and Bella to become parents that quickly, but look at Hiro and Reika from GDW. Orion happily approves of the love between his friend and sister and congratulates them on the birth of their pups.
It'd be interesting to see Bon and Bella. And even though I can Orion approving it, I imagine he'd be surprised at first and I'd love to see that reaction.

As for Orion meeting a female that resembles Fuji, it kinda makes me think of Orion being compared to Riki. He's certainly growing and could be the next Riki. If he ends up with a female, that female better be relevant. There's been too many female characters that have been made irrelevant before being forgotten.

Personally, I feel like Orion shouldn't meet a female love interest by rescuing her. It still kinda repeats the cycle with Gin and Weed, although rescuing a female from bandits instead of a bear trap would certainly make it more interesting and less repetitive.

I, because of my very limited knowledge of GDWO and TLW at the time, believed that Yamabiko was female, purely because I'm only heard his name and haven't actually seen him. To me, the name kinda sounded feminine. But even when I thought Yamabiko was female, I somehow knew that she (he) wasn't weak or anything like how Ginga had been portraying a majority of the female characters.

The point is, I feel like if Orion should have a female mate, that female should be one that goes against the weak female trope that's been going on in Ginga. Maybe have her be a bit cocky(in a good way) and a strong fighter, whether through physical strength or incredible skills. Why not have the female be stronger than Orion and have her rescue him instead?

That's just my opinion.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

I have an AU in mind where Orion meets a black Labrador retriever that's a villain and also more skilled and stronger than Orion. She knows some ninja moves and beats him easily. Now Orion has to figure out a way to get rid of her. He can either try to beat her in a battle or try to talk to her and attempt to convince her to join his army. Obviously their romance wouldn't be all sweet in the beginning and there would be some drama but eventually they would start to understand each other more and develop feelings. In this case, the retriever is devoted to help the bad guy and tries to shove her feelings aside and doesn't hesitate to face Orion. She's been taught to be cold and emotionless by the bad guy so she doesn't know how to express her feelings. Orion can use Sirius's advice because he knows she's able to redeem herself. They'll have to work together to survive and both of them learn from each other. In the end they have puppies that look like akitas but have floppy ears. I know I'm being too hopeful but it's fun to create AUs.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Bonisfab wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:23 pm I have an AU in mind where Orion meets a black Labrador retriever that's a villain and also more skilled and stronger than Orion. She knows some ninja moves and beats him easily. Now Orion has to figure out a way to get rid of her. He can either try to beat her in a battle or try to talk to her and attempt to convince her to join his army. Obviously their romance wouldn't be all sweet in the beginning and there would be some drama but eventually they would start to understand each other more and develop feelings. In this case, the retriever is devoted to help the bad guy and tries to shove her feelings aside and doesn't hesitate to face Orion. She's been taught to be cold and emotionless by the bad guy so she doesn't know how to express her feelings. Orion can use Sirius's advice because he knows she's able to redeem herself. They'll have to work together to survive and both of them learn from each other. In the end they have puppies that look like akitas but have floppy ears. I know I'm being too hopeful but it's fun to create AUs.
Ahhh, a sort of similarity of how Jerome and Lydia met, I see. Not a bad idea. And like SoullessDog said, it would be cool to have another strong female fighter and break the weak female dilemma.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

I want Orion to have a very calm female mate that "finalizes" his change in character that we've seen in GDN. I want her to also have her own character that doesn't just revolve around being Orion's way of finishing his character. In this universe where females tend to be seen as weak and males seen as strong (with a few exceptions in both cases of course), I want to see a female character who has the most common "Ginga female" traits, but where she uses these traits as her strengths so that she isn't portrayed as weak. I want a female like that to be Orion's mate. And, just hypothetically, if Orion was female, I would like for her to have a male mate who is just such a goddamn overpowered leader, but where that is actually what makes him miserable, sad, and pathetic. All this pressure on him because he is the strongest and a leader at the same time, is what makes him weak, because he can't bear it.

And Bon? Well, I would like a very crazy and chaotic female to be his partner. I don't really think I need to elaborate on why I think that:)
Have a nice day!
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

I somehow doubt Orion will actually get a mate, but GDN may surprise me! And I like the ideas y'all have put forward!

One of the reasons why is that we know Yoshi basically wants out. While a story definitely may end on its protagonist involved in a relationship and/or produce offspring without it warranting a sequel, it still leaves the door open to a continuation - perhaps a bit too open for Yoshi at the moment.

If Orion finds a mate, unfortunately, I think it we wouldn't see much of her. Perhaps we'll get a timeskip before the start of the new series, like it happened with GDN's start. Or she'll appear at the very end of the current series, so that readers will get closure on Orion's arc, minus fanning the temptation to see more of the bearhound line. Right now Orion looks pretty unprepared for a relationship, so it would be telling of his progress if he became gentle enough, mature and understanding enough to sustain such a bond.

Whatever the future of the Ginga series may be, Yoshi doesn't seem actually interested in putting in a bit of romance anymore. He got tired of Weed x Koyuki rather quickly - it was almost an excuse to produce the next protagonist. I would see Koyuki reappearing as an indication he wants to explore romantic relationships again. Not that her relationship with Weed would be relevant again - it would just lay the groundwork for Orion growing more interested in this stuff.
3047162JB

Post by 3047162JB »

I think Orion should fall in love with an albino Kōga dog named Keiko (name meaning happy/blessed child in Japanese).

I think Bon should fall in love with a Tosa mix named Lucy, Benizakura's great-granddaughter.

I believe Rigel should fall in love with a Border Collie named Yumihana (name meaning beautiful flower in Japanese).

I believe Bella should fall in love with a Rhodesian Ridgeback named Shirogane (name meaning white metal in Japanese).

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”