Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Troll Berserker »

"Why there are no mothers and females in Ginga?" - Most of Ohu dogs go to towns searching for purebreed females to mate with. When pups are old enough they take males to live with them in the wild and leave mother and dauthers with their owners.
Chutora was an exception. He just fell in love instead of taking a broodmother. That's why his pups are not purebreed.

* Smith is gay
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Troll Berserker wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:39 pm* Smith is gay
This is hilarious in hindsight because there is actually a scene in the manga where Smith says that he's not gay.

That and he had a huge crush on Cross.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Doragon wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:18 pm
This is hilarious in hindsight because there is actually a scene in the manga where Smith says that he's not gay.

Could say bi at least XD
That I can say for most dogs in Ginga haha.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Dogs really don't care about gender irl XD so I... headcanon that formerly pet dogs (like Smith) have (Japanese-centric) human baggage like that.

I also try to explain the sexism that way, because really, google what dog experts say about if gender matters at all for having the best guard and/or hunting dogs.
icon by azzai
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Tora wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:05 pm
Doragon wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Could say bi at least XD
After escaping from Sniper during the Moss arc and hanging over a waterfall, Smith says to Gin he doesn't wanna die with him because he's not into males.
Again, hilarious in hindsight because when Smith is injured by a bear in the last battle he says he have decided to die with Gin ;p
Atha wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:00 pm Dogs really don't care about gender irl XD so I... headcanon that formerly pet dogs (like Smith) have (Japanese-centric) human baggage like that.
That could be actually canon as Kogas, Igas and Kurohabaki got their goals and views from humans.
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

I didn't really think about this Cross incident, so I would say he was bi, but after Cross dumped him he wasn't interested in girls anymore.
He always came to me as this "secret gay" - the one that would be first to brag about girls and not being gay but he is actually gay.

And hey it's just my headcanon, I'm not like forcing it on anyone.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Doragon wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:30 pm
Atha wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:00 pm Dogs really don't care about gender irl XD so I... headcanon that formerly pet dogs (like Smith) have (Japanese-centric) human baggage like that.
That could be actually canon as Kogas, Igas and Kurohabaki got their goals and views from humans.
Haha I wish, but there are a few wild dogs with such attitudes, like the Kai bros and Hiro, but I prefer my version to Yoshihiro's
icon by azzai
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Jerome and the monster/P-4 are brothers.

In a lot of earlier volumes, he and Jerome have vaguely similar facial markings, and are the same age. My canon is that he and Jerome were training together to work at the research facility, but a hardy, easy-to-work-with dog was needed for a genetic experiment - enter the hardy, people-pleasing German Shepherd brothers.

Jerome's brother had a more easygoing attitude, and was selected for the experiment, eventually growing into a horrible monster. That's the reason Jerome spent time talking to the monster - as his madness grew and his mind warped, Jerome hoped traces of his brother were still in there.

After the initial violent outburst and escape from the lab, Jerome could no longer see him as his brother, and vowed to hunt him down.
Done.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Mako wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:34 am Jerome and the monster/P-4 are brothers.

In a lot of earlier volumes, he and Jerome have vaguely similar facial markings, and are the same age. My canon is that he and Jerome were training together to work at the research facility, but a hardy, easy-to-work-with dog was needed for a genetic experiment - enter the hardy, people-pleasing German Shepherd brothers.

Jerome's brother had a more easygoing attitude, and was selected for the experiment, eventually growing into a horrible monster. That's the reason Jerome spent time talking to the monster - as his madness grew and his mind warped, Jerome hoped traces of his brother were still in there.

After the initial violent outburst and escape from the lab, Jerome could no longer see him as his brother, and vowed to hunt him down.
Wow, I like that headcanon a lot!
It explains Jerome's extreme dedication to Kaibutsu when everyone else turned their backs on him and why Kaibutsu looks pretty GSD-like.
:EMPTY: :P4: bros4lyfe

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I suppose I might as well throw my own headcanon about Kaibutsu here, though I do admit that it is significantly more far-fetched than Mako's.
Digsu wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 am It's my headcanon that Kaibutsu was a cloned dog. The sort of magical fantasy clone that doesn't need a foster mother and is just grown in a tube with the power of SCIENCE.

The reason he never knew his parents? He didn't have parents. Some scientist dude just decided "you know what, we're gonna make a dog that we're somehow gonna turn into an organ donor for humans", mixed up some DNA and made something mostly-canine from it.

His owner "always thinking of him as nothing but a test subject"? The owner literally created him and, as a result, considered him both his property and not really a living being at all.

The guard dogs other than Jerome thinking he "wasn't like them"? From their point of view, he was a goddamn aberration. What kind of dog comes into being without parents and is raised from a tiny blob in a glass tube? No dog, obviously, so he couldn't possibly have been one.

The missing skin and fur? A defect that emerged due to faults in the cloning process. Playing Lego with genetics tends to come at a price.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

That's a good thought too, Digsu. I mean, Jerome calls that sort of world he lived in 'the Underworld' and in a place like that, they make dogs into assassins ... cloning sounds within their moral list too.

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Moss and Benizakura have a secret love. I always thought that they were too close buddies haha
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

That seems like a very plausible theory! I'm in love with it <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Some relationship ones:
-Tokimune and Gin are related somehow. Either Tokimune is Gin's nephew, or a bastard son he conceived in his youth.

-Harutora and Nobutora are Kagetora's half-brothers from a different mother. It's why Kagetora looks like a pure-bred Kai Ken like his father, while his brothers have coat colors Kais can't have.

-Masamune heavily takes after his mother, which is why he looks nothing like Terumune or Yamabiko.

-Shiro's father or grandfather was a wolf and the direct descendant of the first user of Zetsu Tenrou Battouga. This is the reason Gin and his descendants can still use the Zetsu Tenrou Battouga while all the other GNG dogs seemingly forgot theirs - he's much more closely related to the original Eight Warriors than the others. It's also why one of Shiro's potential colors is brindle-less silver, a color Akitas can't normally have.

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Digsu wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:15 pm Shiro's father or grandfather was a wolf and the direct descendant of the first user of Zetsu Tenrou Battouga. This is the reason Gin and his descendants can still use the Zetsu Tenrou Battouga while all the other GNG dogs seemingly forgot theirs - he's much more closely related to the original Eight Warriors than the others. It's also why one of Shiro's potential colors is brindle-less silver, a color Akitas can't normally have.
That actually makes some sense out of that arc.
icon by azzai
Bolty
Potential
Potential

Post by Bolty »

OMG yes! This make sense! Good theory

:akatora: :ben: :benizakura: :gb: :gin: :kurotora: :jerome: :gdwjohn: :riki: :tesshin: :toube:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:15 pm Some relationship ones:
-Harutora and Nobutora are Kagetora's half-brothers from a different mother. It's why Kagetora looks like a pure-bred Kai Ken like his father, while his brothers have coat colors Kais can't have.

-Shiro's father or grandfather was a wolf and the direct descendant of the first user of Zetsu Tenrou Battouga. This is the reason Gin and his descendants can still use the Zetsu Tenrou Battouga while all the other GNG dogs seemingly forgot theirs - he's much more closely related to the original Eight Warriors than the others. It's also why one of Shiro's potential colors is brindle-less silver, a color Akitas can't normally have.
I coulda sworn I commented to this before... but I guess not. The Shiro one sounds really really possible! And Akitas are one of those breeds said to be closest to wolves, so it'd make a lot of sense!

Kagetora's one would make a lot of sense for their strange designs. But then again, Yoshi really likes to pick in choose when the pups have just their mother design, just their father design, or both, like Ken and George.
I still think it'd be really interesting if your theory was true though.

ImageImage
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Atha wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:25 pm -Smith became mature due to something that happened between GNG and GDW, not just age
Maybe that something could have been Chutora's betrayal? That would also explain why Ohu army in GDW was barely 200 dogs (with Hougen having 800+), when they had gathered 2500+ at the end of GNG.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove »

Weed & bros aren't really Gin's sons. Who's to say the dog we saw even was Sakura? Upon meeting GB, the terminally ill mother begged him to take the child to his father, the great leader of Ohu, Gin. Maybe she did this to give the pup a chance to survive. Maybe she was hoping GB wouldn't just abandon the puppy if he thought Gin was the father. I mean Weed was a bit of a pain in the butt, can't blame GB for ditching him, and I reckon fake Sakura knew it too. Or who knows, maybe she was just delusional after suffering for so long and being mere seconds away from death.

The 3 brothers are related to Gin through his siblings, though, which is why they have both the Battouga and the supposedly rare tora-ge genes running through their veins.

My theory is that Gin's pups are still out there somewhere, safe from all the pain and destruction.

(My theory is also flawed but I refuse to believe Gin would produce such whiny babies so please don't take this from me ;___;)
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Fuji has the diamond mark and she is related to Yamato

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”