NEW Signature size rule

Rules, announcements, news, and general information.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

NEW Signature size rule

Post by Arano »

Who saw this coming? :KRUMP:

Signature sizes on the board have gotten quite large, specifically when it comes to those using rotating images which bypass the boards built-in signature size limit. Sorry to be the fun police!

Please review your signatures and edit them to adhere to the following rules:

1) Users are limited to ONE rotating image in their signature.
If you currently have 2 sets of rotating images, please remove one.

2) Your signature must not exceed 50% of the screen while browsing.
If it does, your images are too large and need to be reduced. This is relevant to all screen sizes as the board scales; if your signature takes up 100% of the screen on a mobile phone, it will do so on a desktop screen.

Signature sizes will be loosely monitored from this point onwards, if your signature becomes overly large I will simply send PMs asking them to be reduced.

Thank you!
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Re: NEW Signature size rule

Post by 4townie »

:tfw_orion1:

I think I need to update my signature because I know some images are large. Can't do that rn because the internet is kinda trash. I'll do that when I get home.
Last edited by 4townie on Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Just to be clear, does the "no more than one rotating banner per user" rule exist just because they bypass the built-in size limit? :bon3: Or there some other technical/aesthetic reason for it?

Like could there be an addendum along the lines of "you can use two sets of rotating banners if you make sure all the images are small enough"? I mean way smaller than the "less then 50% of the screen" limit for normal banners, like something very modest such as "max 400 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall" or something. Or would that be too much of a hassle to monitor?

Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Thank you!!! :tfw_orion1:

Some signatures make the pages soooooo long and hard to read IMO, but I don't want to turn them off because some are nice to see and have useful links
Image Image
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

Oh thank goodness, I was just thinking about this the other day. It'll be nice to browse and see mostly message instead of signature.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:20 pm Like could there be an addendum along the lines of "you can use two sets of rotating banners if you make sure all the images are small enough"? I mean way smaller than the "less then 50% of the screen" limit for normal banners, like something very modest such as "max 400 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall" or something. Or would that be too much of a hassle to monitor?
I did actually start typing out this as a rule then the more I typed the more painful it sounded... because as you say each set would need to be smaller ie less than 25% each, then working out what an example pixel size would be as guidance to help people yadda yadda. Too much hassle for both me to monitor and for users to configure, when a signature is meant to be such a simple small thing! Plus for some people, maybe just getting rid of one rotating image is the easiest way of their signature to be rule-abiding without having to mess about too much.

This isn't to say if you have a rotating image, that you can't have any other images/gifs/emojis in your signature. Your signature is actually a perfect example come to think of it! This is why I've said less than 50% of the screen rather than x amount of images as it seemed more fair.

Return to “Main”